Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
HippieVan at 2:43PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
My cat got outside :( Me and my dad have been chasing her all morning, i can't believe how effing fast she is she's 15 goddamn lbs! Seriously last time she got out she couldn't outrun me at all and now she's fast as hell and can jump over fences when my outside cats can barely make it (she's twice as big as them, but still) Putting her on that expensive food is the only thing i can think of.

Haha, my cat is around 16 pounds. He always tries to run outside but if he sees I'm chasing after him he'll just lie down and wait for me to come get him.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
seventy2 at 7:47PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Last night, I decided to go to sleep early. Best decision I made this week.

I heard that the latest anime adaptation currently airing in Japan is more true to the manga, although they did rush the first quarter of it, so I guess I would recommend watching the first half or so of the original series and then finishing it off by watching Brotherhood.

i assume this was directed at me.

i watched the first couple, and it was samey, but less serious. i didn't like that. specially the Shou Tucker episode.
—————

Someone told me that they explained the paradox of blowing up Vulcan in the new star trek movie. i honestly didn't expect that blunt of an explanation which was like the family guy “stewy killed lois episodes”….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Ozoneocean at 8:18PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
I hurt my little finger.
The one on my left hand.

I reeeeaaaly hurt it. -_-

I was putting a loaf of bread in the fridge. It fell out so I quickly flicked out my left hand to catch it, but because the door was moving I caught my hand on a door shelf. Somehow the finger got badly bent back. The pain was excruciating.
I tried ice, but it didn't work. I've bound it tightly to the next finger in a cloth bandage, that seems to help.

Why is it that the little toe and the little finger, which are the most useless digits you have, always hurt the worst!!!???

I have to use the mouse in my right hand now and typing is quite impaired T__T

————
And yet I'm typing about it here anyway.
lol! That's so sad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Skullbie at 9:18PM, Dec. 5, 2009
(online)
You're lucky hippie, mine goes ‘^_^’ and then runs the other way =_=
ozoneocean
but because the door was moving I caught my hand on a door shelf. Somehow the finger got badly bent back. The pain was excruciating.
I tried ice, but it didn't work. I've bound it tightly to the next finger in a cloth bandage, that seems to help.

Why is it that the little toe and the little finger, which are the most useless digits you have, always hurt the worst!!!???
Euuugh >_0 My hand cringed away while reading that, pinky toes are god awful too, i'll never understand it.

Do you feel a sting everytime you try to move it? You might have fractured it, i didn't realize i fractured my pinky for 2 days because there was no blue welt. (and the way i broke it was so lame i almost didn't want to admit it was broken)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Lonnehart at 12:11AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
After a lot of testing by my mechanically inclined cousin in law (he's a vehicle mechanic) we found out my my car died on the road. It wasn't the fuel pump though… (he found out when he got covered in fuel resulting in an immediate shower in cold water). It was the ignition coil. The thing must've failed bigtime while I was driving… I guess I won't have to pay as much for parts, but it's still gonna be a headache buying them. I gotta buy the coil AND the distributor cap. T_T

Oh, well… at least I got a handy dandy power source now since it's the only way to start my car ‘til it’s running on its own again (battery is dead due to my leaving the hazard lights on too long). Nice to have if I'm out on the beach or when the power goes out and I still need to charge my cell phone/Nintendo DSi/Playstation Portable/Canon Powershot/Gameboy Advance SP. :)

Also nice to have when I've got a flat tire or if I just need a good light source.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 4:12AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
Do you feel a sting everytime you try to move it? You might have fractured it, i didn't realize i fractured my pinky for 2 days because there was no blue welt. (and the way i broke it was so lame i almost didn't want to admit it was broken)
It's more like an ache… :(
There seems to be pressure in the end joint. I think what must have happened is that it bent backwards or something when it hit and now the joint is sprained.
Hopefully…
I'll do a Google on it…

Seems what may have happened was a I side-ward bend, which is pretty common with jammed fingers. It tears or sprains the collateral ligaments. Treatment is ice, and wrapping tightly to the next finger. Heh, already done that. :)
Takes up to six weeks to get better. :(
FFfffffff…
Well, at least it's only the little finger. -_-
Skullbie
Euuugh >_0 My hand cringed away while reading that, pinky toes are god awful too, i'll never understand it.
Pinky toes are worse. That's why I always wear shoes in the house. How long dd yours take to heal?
skoolmunkee at 11:06AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Pinky toes are worse. That's why I always wear shoes in the house. How long dd yours take to heal?

My pinky toes are usually not a problem. Mine is the second toe, which is slightly longer than my big toe. When I walk into something it's always the weaker second toe which gets a whang. :[

I've been telling myself for the last 3 or 4 weeks that I should stop working weekends, even when I don't feel like I got enough done during the week. Well, the last couple weekends I have been working anyway. Today I was going to do another 3 or so hours of work, but I took an accidental nap instead. So, I excused myself from work, but I'm a little annoyed…. because I figure if I had been going to excuse myself, I wish i'd had that time to read a book or something, instead of napping. :] Oh well. I'll be better rested for tomorrow.

Time to make a newspost!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
seventy2 at 11:18AM, Dec. 6, 2009
(online)
i keep waiting on my bills to be drawn out of the account…and freaking out because i don't have much…..but then i remember that i don't pay bills because they take it directly from my paycheck, which is why i don't have much….
facara
skoolmunkee at 2:54PM, Dec. 6, 2009
(offline)
Someone just moved up a meeting. It means I won't have to go in Thursday, but it also means I'm not prepared now because I thought I had a couple more days. :/
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Skullbie at 12:13AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm
I was reading up on how to avoid MSG and dangerous foods and it's like…I don't even see the point now. That top list is full of the stuff i eat, i love ranch, boars head meats, and those crappy canned soups to death. Just thinking about what's in KFC snackers would probably make me vomit my own poo.

I don't have a sensitivity to it but i get MSG is to hide the true nastiness of what you're eating. I think i'll cut waaay back on fast food though even if i can't do expensive organic foods. Odd a comic is what spurred this awareness on haha.

I guess i could ask my mom to make me real soup and it's not like we eat a lot of sliced meats.
HippieVan at 6:27AM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm
I was reading up on how to avoid MSG and dangerous foods and it's like…I don't even see the point now. That top list is full of the stuff i eat, i love ranch, boars head meats, and those crappy canned soups to death. Just thinking about what's in KFC snackers would probably make me vomit my own poo.

I don't have a sensitivity to it but i get MSG is to hide the true nastiness of what you're eating. I think i'll cut waaay back on fast food though even if i can't do expensive organic foods. Odd a comic is what spurred this awareness on haha.

I guess i could ask my mom to make me real soup and it's not like we eat a lot of sliced meats.

Yeah, avoiding MSG suuuuuucks.

Wait, did I even tell you guys that's what I was having allergic reactions to?

But yeah, I have a giant list of ingredients that I can't eat. I wish there were better rules for labeling MSG, because it's pretty hard to avoid when it can be called almost anything. Also because it's basically all of my favourite foods.
“Organic” food makes me mad. Often it's got just as much MSG as the food that's supposed to be bad for you, but uses a “clean label” and calls it “Autolyzed/ Hydrolyzed so-and-so”.
I suggest you eat as much MSG as possible, though. It makes food freaking delicious and as long as you don't have a sensitivity you should enjoy eating.
Ironscarf at 3:43PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
Hippie Van
I suggest you eat as much MSG as possible, though. It makes food freaking delicious and as long as you don't have a sensitivity you should enjoy eating.

But wouldn't you just build up an immunity to it and have to eat more and more until you end up snorting a giant pile of the stuff like Al Pacino in Scarface?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 5:24PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(offline)
In the time that I have been away, I have:

Improved my grades in school
And raised all my lifting um…numbers? up.

I am now beasty.

I miss you guys.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
kyupol at 6:04PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
business idea: work on someone else's research paper.

slogan: you can play while getting an “A”. lol!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
seventy2 at 7:13PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
so it begins. with just a few flurries….but soon…THE WORLD!

wait. what am i talking about?

nothing really, except the first blizzard i've been thru in quite a few years. this is my first december in omaha in 4 years….
facara
Ozoneocean at 8:28PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
seventy2
so it begins. with just a few flurries….but soon…THE WORLD!

wait. what am i talking about?

nothing really, except the first blizzard i've been thru in quite a few years. this is my first december in omaha in 4 years….
lol!

Simple global warming climate change diagram:

Super basic explanation made extra simple:
1. Angry angry sun melts icecaps. >:)
2. Cold ice gets in Earth's eyes :(

Lonnehart at 8:52PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
Ugh… there are times when all I want to do at the moment is to take a .Colt 45 and shove it down my throat. But I won't… I simply can't bring myself to drink beer, wine, or anything similar (got it drilled into my head that such things will cause your early demise).

Wow… replaced my distributor assembly ($500) and my car still won't start. All I can hope for now is that taking it to the mechanic will not cost me an arm and three legs…
Eirikr at 8:55PM, Dec. 7, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Ugh… there are times when all I want to do at the moment is to take a .Colt 45 and shove it down my throat.

Without the other sentences that follow, this sounds like you want to commit suicide.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Survival Artist at 2:39AM, Dec. 8, 2009
(offline)
Women.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
HippieVan at 9:27AM, Dec. 8, 2009
(online)
Woke up pretty sick this morning. I just fell asleep for a while watching the office and I feel a lot better now, so that's good.

Edit: Blech, feeling sick again. Not as sick as this morning though.
skoolmunkee at 12:06PM, Dec. 8, 2009
(offline)
I took a couple days off for Thanksgiving but I am still just dragging along until the 2 weeks I'm gonna take off at Christmas. There's a ton of stuff I have to do and I really have to scrape to get some of it done. (And some of it just isn't going to get done, if my comics are any indication.) At least half of it is mental exhaustion, but I think I am trying to fight something off too. I've been getting headaches and I'm randomly attacked with naps whenever I give myself any down time. I've been chowing on the vitamin c but I expect to just collapse and sleep and read the first 2 days of my break. I can't wait! :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 7:25PM, Dec. 8, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
headaches… sleep… vitamin C
I had a horrible migraine yesterday. Ugh! I was taking strong pills every 4 hours. By the time I got home from fruitless Christmas shopping I just went to bed and slept and slept and slept! Eating lots of sultanas and drinking Apricot nectar for vitamin C to try and counteract the effects of all the paracetamol on my liver. -_-
The codeine takes away the pain but leaves you so flat mentally and emotionally.

Ah well, better today. :)
PIT_FACE at 12:31AM, Dec. 9, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Ugh… there are times when all I want to do at the moment is to take a .Colt 45 and shove it down my throat. But I won't… I simply can't bring myself to drink beer, wine, or anything similar (got it drilled into my head that such things will cause your early demise).

Wow… replaced my distributor assembly ($500) and my car still won't start. All I can hope for now is that taking it to the mechanic will not cost me an arm and three legs…

aw man…Colts…why'd ya have to bring up colts? havent had one in a year or so and i dont fuckin miss em at all. those fuckers made me one hearty woman though. they were just so damn cheap.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Lonnehart at 1:28AM, Dec. 9, 2009
(online)
wow… I'm enjoying the heck out of Forza Motorsport 3. It's making me forget that my car's still broken…

The auction house is fun too, but we also got storefronts. I wonder how much my Lucky Carrot graphic will sell for…

Too bad my coworkers aren't happy. They wanted me to get Left for Dead 2. Granted it is a great game, but I've been burnt out of zombie-killing fests for a while now.

Ugh… Gotta find someone to tow my car to a repair shop. Too bad no one's available save for the tow truck drivers (who'll charge you $100 just to move your car anywhere). *sigh*

I guess all I can do is make the best out of my carless situation…

Rats… lost my auction for the Miura Concept Lamborghini… :(
Ironscarf at 4:25AM, Dec. 9, 2009
(offline)
PIT-FACE
aw man…Colts…why'd ya have to bring up colts?

Does that still exist?:O
They used to sell that stuff over here in the seventies; I still remember the ad: “Any Tom Dick or Walt, who likes the taste of malt, will love the malt in a Colt45!”. I never tried one because back then Brits prefered to drink warm flat beer in a cloud of pipesmoke with pork scratchings and a pickled egg.

Now we get off our faces every night on the Wifebeater(Stella Artois)and chicken vindaloo. That's a ‘share’.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
seventy2 at 9:01AM, Dec. 9, 2009
(online)
strongbow and guinness for me, when i'm back in the mother land. but other than then, i don't drink beer. cause everyone in america wants to get wasted off it, and that's when i puke and get hangovers. but not with hard alcohol.
——————————

2 days in a row without work. which is 2 days in a row without the gym. cause if i aint going to work, the people who run the gym are not going to work….

at least the snow was even and beautiful yesterday….now it's 4 foot drifts, and blank spots…
facara
HippieVan at 2:55PM, Dec. 9, 2009
(online)
The guy who called me apologized to me today. He seems like a decent person, apparently he was just given a phone and told to tell someone off, he had no idea who he was talking to. Which makes sense, I've never met the guy before. It was still a stupid thing to do, but he seemed sincere with his apology.
Him and the two girls involved got in-school suspensions.
I'm glad that's over with.

We watched Schindler's List in History today. I had to leave the room, though. Apparently still being slightly sick from whatever I had yesterday and a gruesome movie about world war two aren't a good combination. Barf. :(
Skullbie at 1:13PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
There's this guy next to me right now listening to music on his headphones really loud and i can hear it, jesus christ, it's awful. I wish i had the guts to ask him what it was called just to share the awfulness with DD.

I think the song just going ‘oh-ooh, oh! ooh-oh oh! ohhh oh oh oh-oh–ho! ohhhhhh oh oh-oh-ohhhh ohhhh hokhohohkyo’ x1000. It's driving me insane!!! D8<< This is almost as bad as bluegrass yodeling.

kyupol at 3:17PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
My brother whose in grade 9 is a ladies man and already popular in class. Just because I taught him some psychology lessons before entering high school. Imagine all the 50+ books and hundreds of articles I've read condensed into an hour as much as I can.

I also told him why is it unwise to be an accidental dad at an early age by educating him about the toxicity (anti-family, anti-male, anti-God, pro-hate, pro world-government, pro population control, dehumanizing, shallow, etc.) of the culture that the system is trying to push on us. And I told him frankly that I don't wanna be a dad in here because I don't wanna see my children grow up in a totally toxic culture. If ever I'm gonna be a dad and raise a family, maybe I'll go to some rural area in the Philippines where life is much simpler and where people are alot nicer.

I'm proud of him.

He won't be spending high school as a loner like I did.

He'd be enjoying popularity while at the same time not being stupid enough to get some random girl pregnant and absorbing the toxic culture.

He won't be wasting around 5 years of his life going around in circles trying to find out the truth about this world we live in. Because really… this entire system is full of lies upon lies upon lies that it makes your average snake oil salesman and cult leader look like angels.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
HippieVan at 3:53PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
It's finally gotten cold. :( Managed to get two rides to school today(I go home for lunch every second day), which usually doesn't happen and was nice. Still had to walk home both times, though. My legs got numb because I lost my long johns and my eyelashes froze to my scarf. Bah humbug.

But on the plus side, I got a beautiful new heater so my mom can keep the rest of the house as cold as she likes and my room can be nice and warm. :) My old heater was so awful…most of the buttons stopped working last year and the rest of them stopped working the first time I pulled it out this year.

And I'm trying Google Chrome. It doesn't seem very good so far.

Edit: Aw man, I just remembered that today is the birthday of this girl who was one of my best friends in Elementary school. Her parents sent her to private school for junior high and high school and it was impossible to keep in touch with her. :(

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon