Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
Ozoneocean at 7:19PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
my eyelashes froze to my scarf
Man! That sounds awesome! O_O
It's just pain warm here. Uber hot only over the weekends for some reason… The weekdays are warm and then just nice and mild at night, but over every Saturday and Sunday so far the temperature has rocketed up.

Funny how the ordinary patterns of nature are following the totally human culturally constructed time-line of the 7 day week. lol!
I imagine everything inadvertently seems to follow a pattern after a while, if only for a short time. No wonder people believe in aliens and angels etc.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Skullbie at 7:32PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
http://www.catrackham.com/?p=28

I was reading this comic to wake up because it looked cute, waaaah the middle part :( Whyyyyyy
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
zaymac at 8:01PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
I just got sent the pdf file of my webcomic review in Comic Buyers Guide. I haven't seen a dramatic increase in traffic, but it's still cool seeing a review of your comic in print. :)

Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www.bearvszombies.com/BG0110_webcomics1.pdf

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
Ozoneocean at 8:29PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
zaymac
I just got sent the pdf file of my webcomic review in Comic Buyers Guide. I haven't seen a dramatic increase in traffic, but it's still cool seeing a review of your comic in print. :)

Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www.bearvszombies.com/BG0110_webcomics1.pdf
That's amazing man! Good on you :)
That's fantastic ^___^
bravo1102 at 10:14PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(offline)
I'm drawing and inking and dreading the phone will ring and I'll have to pull a twelve hour shift this weekend and have to blow off my birthday dinner.

Tempting as I can milk the whole martyr thing for at least a couple of months… maybe get some “sorry you couldn't be there, here's money…”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
elektro at 11:20PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(offline)
The last 24 hours have been some of my worst. Waking up, the temperature dropped to 7 above, and my freakin' toilet stops working, but can't be worked on because of the cold. Then, later on, the electricity keeps flickering on and off because of the space heaters we need to keep warm because we have no furnace because we can't afford to fix the damn thing. Suffice it to say, my life sucks ass.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
seventy2 at 3:07AM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
i remember when we lived in rural arkansas…in weather like this we chopped our own wood. and slept in the basement (where the wood stove was located). that was the biggest house we ever owned…and i was pretty strong for a nine year old…

now i live in nebraska, and you guys are footing my electric bill. but don't worry, even when the heater's set to 65f, upstairs it's too hot to sleep, so i keep it around 60f. i'm spoiled….

now i have to go work…and it's like 0f out there….without including the windchill…screw this noise…i need my gloves…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
HippieVan at 7:21AM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Hippie Van
my eyelashes froze to my scarf
Man! That sounds awesome! O_O

It's not. -_-

My digital multimedia teacher is making me so mad. I was working on a Blender tutorial which she gave us to do, and got to a part that wasn't working properly. I asked her about it and she said “Oh yeah, that's the part where I got frustrated and gave up.” Turns out she hasn't quite figured out the software we're using. Wait a minute, isn't that what she said about Illustrator and Final Cut and everything else we've used? For goodness sake. She's a nice lady but she's got a degree in interior design, I have no idea why she has this job.

Also I keep waking up feeling sick lately, I always feel better later in the morning though…I can't figure out if it's just anxiety about going to school or what. Kind of sucks though because I can't eat breakfast and I get hungry during first period and end up eating my lunch by second.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
elektro at 8:02AM, Dec. 11, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
i remember when we lived in rural arkansas…in weather like this we chopped our own wood. and slept in the basement (where the wood stove was located). that was the biggest house we ever owned…and i was pretty strong for a nine year old…

now i live in nebraska, and you guys are footing my electric bill. but don't worry, even when the heater's set to 65f, upstairs it's too hot to sleep, so i keep it around 60f. i'm spoiled….

now i have to go work…and it's like 0f out there….without including the windchill…screw this noise…i need my gloves…

You can use my house as firewood. I'd like to burn this place down and move someplace warm. Wisconsin sucks for everything, anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
zaymac at 10:19AM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
zaymac

That's amazing man! Good on you :)
That's fantastic ^___^

Thanks Oz. :) I just hope this doesn't count as being my 15 minutes of fame. :( Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
HippieVan at 5:22PM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
Just got back from cat cuddling. There was one room with 5 super cuddly kittens, at one point they were all on me. :) My favourite cat is still there, though. :( Seems like no one wants a big orange kitty named Fester.
Skullbie at 7:37PM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
D'awwwww i miss kitten cuddling, they are so precious and innocent <3
———
I did brilliantly on my finals!
100% on one, 92% on the other, and 86% on the super hard one i wasn't expecting to pass(it was easier than i thought)

This is a complete turn around from the middle of the semester, i think i'm finally getting into my groove with school.
Lonnehart at 1:11PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
Skullbie

Oh, I don't know… sometimes they like to claw you as if you were a pillow…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
HippieVan at 1:54PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
My jacket finally came in the mail! I love it so much! It's got this little belt thingy that keeps cold air from getting in. I don't understand why all jackets don't have that. And it's more of dark burgundy sort of colour than actual brown, which is nice because I don't like brown but it was that or baby blue.
I was walking home today at lunch, it was nearly 30 below(C) and my legs were numb, my face was frozen and my hands were cold but my upper body was wonderfully warm. :)

Lonnehart
Skullbie

Oh, I don't know… sometimes they like to claw you as if you were a pillow…

My kitten's taken to clawing my leg when she wants to be picked up. :P I have way more scratches from her than from the cats at the humane society.
usedbooks at 2:04PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
I've lost three pet rats in the past 10 days, and a fourth one is definitely on her way out (unrelated, age-related conditions). They were very old (for rats) and I've been through it literally a hundred times before. But it still hurts, and it's not something for which one can seek sympathy/empathy. No one really understands the loss of a rat, and mentioning it causes more grief than keeping silent. It must be worth it though, or I wouldn't keep putting myself through it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
seventy2 at 2:15PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
lost an acquaintance to the dumbest game ever….it's called “trust”.
facara
Ironscarf at 3:56PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(offline)
Seventy2
I prefer games that don't end with a fatality, like dominoes. Actually no - people do kill each other over dominoes.

You know sometimes when you first meet someone and for some reason just seem to butt heads from day one and then later on you realise they're actually a very cool person that you really like but because of that initial head butting you've ended up with a wall between yourself and that person that's kind of making communication more difficult than it would otherwise be and you end up totally lacking any kind of punctuation because of it?

You don't?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
seventy2 at 4:20PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Seventy2
I prefer games that don't end with a fatality, like dominoes. Actually no - people do kill each other over dominoes.

they get very serious with the dominoes in the desert….
=======

i don't get the game of trust. if you're buddy is so trustworthy, why is he pointing a gun at you? specially in the military, where, from day one, we're taught not to point a gun at anyone we don't intend to kill.
facara
Skullbie at 11:39PM, Dec. 14, 2009
(online)
I came up with a cool comic plot set in 1680 about guns and pirates and stuff. Did lots of research for it. Tewwific.

I wonder who got my DD santa
warefish at 12:12AM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
@Ozone: What's the weather like for you man? It's on and off for me. It's boiling one day and chilly the next. Sydney's pretty screwed up weatherwise at the moment.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Ozoneocean at 1:13AM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
warefish
@Ozone: What's the weather like for you man? It's on and off for me. It's boiling one day and chilly the next. Sydney's pretty screwed up weatherwise at the moment.
Deathly hot over the weekends and mild during the week days. It's been like that for three weeks so far and it's projected to continue. -Every Saturday and Sunday it's boiling, but during the work week it's just nice.

There's a cyclone up north (That's a hurricane that spins the other way to you Northern hemisphere types) and that is going to change the weather in some way, I'm sure. There's also a gigantic iceberg (about 19x12 Km) that's drifting slowly towards us. It broke off of Antarctica a while ago (part of the icecap shrinkage). I'm sure that and the melt currents bringing it will change our weather some more.

————————

I was listening to a thing by John Pertwee (the third Doctor Who), yesterday and I decided to Google some pics of him because he was talking about his life and I wanted to see what he looked like when he was younger. But just seeing all the pics of him when he was older in the 70's as Doctor Who made me realise that he looked almost exactly like my late grandmother! o_O
Same hairstyle even… of course she was a lot skinnier and didn't wear that sort of gear, but the facial resemblance was uncanny.

I'd never realised that before, even though I grew up watching him as Doctor Who (in repeats).
But the really wired thing is that he even SOUNDS like my late grandmother and I never realised that either. lol!
warefish at 1:29AM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
warefish
Deathly hot over the weekends and mild during the week days. It's been like that for three weeks so far and it's projected to continue. -Every Saturday and Sunday it's boiling, but during the work week it's just nice.

There's a cyclone up north (That's a hurricane that spins the other way to you Northern hemisphere types) and that is going to change the weather in some way, I'm sure. There's also a gigantic iceberg (about 19x12 Km) that's drifting slowly towards us. It broke off of Antarctica a while ago (part of the icecap shrinkage). I'm sure that and the melt currents bringing it will change our weather some more.
Wow. I take that back. Sydney's fine. You're screwed. lol!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
gullas at 5:57AM, Dec. 15, 2009
(offline)
only one test left, one test left, one test lef- wait… Why am I here? I should be studyin more >_>….
________

Also missed the warm fuzzy feelin' of the forum while it was down. I didn't feel special anymore :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
lba at 2:02PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
You know sometimes when you first meet someone and for some reason just seem to butt heads from day one and then later on you realise they're actually a very cool person that you really like but because of that initial head butting you've ended up with a wall between yourself and that person that's kind of making communication more difficult than it would otherwise be and you end up totally lacking any kind of punctuation because of it?

You don't?

Actually, I have this problem quite often. In reverse too, where you make a good impression on each other and end up in a relationship of some sort that makes it difficult to back out once you realize that you either hate each other or have nothing in particular that's common between you.

So, I recently saw an article in this month's Juxtapoz that featured Canonball Press, which I remembered seeing here once before on the the DD forums somewhere. Sadly I couldn't remember where until I looked through my favorited comics and saw The Hub. Then I realized that Hyena posted a link to something by that name which was selling a couple of her prints in Art & Lit. I don't know if it was the same Canonball Press, since it seems like a fairly common name for a print company, and there weren't any of her prints in the article, but I think it would be cool if it were. Unfortunately though, I don't think Hyena is hanging around the forums much of late to find out. I didn't have the money to pick up the magazine, but if I find it online I'll post a link to it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
HippieVan at 2:19PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf

You don't?

That's sort of happened to me…except usually it's that I just don't talk to the person at all(not because I'm a jerk, because I'm shy) and then by the time I realize that they seem like a really cool person who I'd like to be friends with, it would be kind of weird to start talking to them all of a sudden.

lba
In reverse too, where you make a good impression on each other and end up in a relationship of some sort that makes it difficult to back out once you realize that you either hate each other or have nothing in particular that's common between you.

Eep, I've had that one happen. That's awful. :(

——-

We started Blender yesterday in Digital Multimedia and today everyone was making people out of cubes but I made a penguin because I'm in Blender Club(actually I'm the only member because that's how cool I am) and I'm a bit ahead. The teacher was like “Hey everyone Alex made a cool penguin you should go look at it!” and I got really embarrassed. :/
AQua_ng at 2:25PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(offline)
Technically, today wasn't a good day. Today I was to travel 200km up north for a university. In no less than ten steps, I nearly got run over twice. My train tickets didn't work, I tried to do some studying in the train, but focusing on reading made me travel sick. I decided to whip out my DS only to realise that I didn't have a game cartridge in it. I had nothing to do for two hours except for sleeping and feeling queasy. The interview wasn't too bad, although I did mess up one or two questions. And I whored out the thinking pose like there was no tomorrow.

Kinda like this, but more Asian.

I had nothing to do on the train ride home except for chewing gum and looking at my reflection on the window. But…

I got invited to another interview from one of the best engineering universities in the country. YES. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Lonnehart at 3:35PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
Wow… finally got a car off the Forza Motorsport 3 auction house. :)

Okay, OKAY!!! I actually bought it out rather than win the bid. It cost me most of the creds I had at the time, so I had to race a lot to get more. O_O

I love the look of this car. Just one question though… what the heck are those two indentations in the hood of the 2005 Ford GT???

It's got a nice paintjob on it. I guess I'll go get a plain colored one so I can decide on putting the Drunkduck logo all over it…

Edit- rats… now I gotta find someone who knows Japanese so I can find out how to spell the phrase “Never Second” in Japanese as well as write it in Kanji (it's gonna be a character name for a car design I'm working on) :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
seventy2 at 6:07PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
im sick….. the wife is sick…. nose is stuffy the stomach is running in all directions….and im sick
facara
Ironscarf at 6:30PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(offline)
Seventy2
im sick…..
Gotta go for the large brandy/whisky method, either neat or maybe in some kind of hot drink. It won't cure you but hey, who cares?!

I can't decide on a dialogue font. I've looked at so many fonts now I'm starting to dream fonts and noticing little things like the slant of the crossbar in an ‘h’, or the depth of the middle bit in an ‘m’ - I need large brandy/whisky.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Ozoneocean at 7:32PM, Dec. 15, 2009
(online)
lba
Hyena is hanging around the forums much of late to find out.
Correction: not at all.
Hyena hasn't been around at all for about a month, look at the dates under her avatar in a forum post:
Seen: 11-18-2009

After a year, she's disappeared. O__O
I suspect aliens.

…Kyupol?

—————————
Hippie Van
and I got really embarrassed.
At least you were wearing clothes.
It's embarrassing when you're not, in school at least. But that only ever happens in dreams. :)
Congrats anyway!

—————————

Congrats to Aqua too!

—————————
Ironscarf
Fonts
Ugh! I work with those most days in he office. All manner of silly, stupid, normal, boring, funky, fancy, flaky, crazy font styles imaginable. And many of them I have to re-draw in vectors from crappy image files. I'm starting to be an expert on font styles.
…I still couldn't tell you a good one for you comic though. :(

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon