Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
CharleyHorse at 8:07AM, Jan. 5, 2009
(offline)
During the 1980s I worked private security and would occassionally come across users inside a parking garage in the process of using, yeah, the cliched mirror and razor blade and straw. Three things made this seem surreal to me; first, it was a garage used by the elite, for doctors and lawyers and local television celebrities and such stripe; second, I sometimes recognized some of the more semi-famous of these people; and, third, it was in the freaking open where any of their fellow important ilk could stumble upon them in mid snort, late at night though it usually was.

Wild. Naturally it was my task to see to it that such upstanding citizens were safe from the type of scum that you encountered Ozoneocean. The irony did not escape me!

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
bravo1102 at 12:13PM, Jan. 5, 2009
(offline)
It's really funny when they do it in front of prosecuters while sitting next to their defence attorney.

Then the defence attorney nudges the druggie in the ribs reminding him that he just posted the bail bond. The cops standing by the entrance laugh and the assistant DA shakes his head and asks the defense attorney:

“You want to cop a plea now?”

You gotta love the stories lawyers tell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
HippieVan at 3:44PM, Jan. 6, 2009
(online)
I think I may have found a magical candy-producing box. I swear it never had anything but records in it, but yesterday I was going through it, taking out the things I don't listen to and whatnot, and I found a grape tootsie pop. It looked and smelled fine, so I ate it. It was tasty.
And today I found another one. Same flavour and everything. :D
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Skullbie at 6:35PM, Jan. 6, 2009
(online)
I went to go get my credit card today and the girl who was singing it up had the most perfect looking lips i've ever seen- I swear i mean that in a slightly less creepy way but it was almost unreal.
Oh well now i can start building credit and/or get screwed and ruin it for the rest of my life, hell yeah mothafucka
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
bravo1102 at 12:54AM, Jan. 7, 2009
(offline)
The past two days my sleep pattern changed. Okay so I work nights on week-ends but now I've shifted four-five hours from going to bed 10-11pm to going to bed at 5pm. I still sleep my 8 hours (I get up early because I like to. I sleep longer than 6-8 hours I'm beat all day and it's a trigger to more depression.)

Still successful in avoiding work on my comic. lol! (ironic laughter)
Custard Trout at 1:05AM, Jan. 7, 2009
(offline)
I'm tired and I have no friends because I don't think about things before I yell them.

Also all my version of Firefox is now too outdated for me to use the only two plugins I actually found useful (the dictionary and new tab homepage), and I'm too lazy to upgrade it.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
HyenaHell at 11:32AM, Jan. 7, 2009
(online)
I wish there was a button you could press to make your partner/spouse/significant other disappear for an indefinite period of time. And another one you could press to summon them back when you needed something or got bored. Yeah, that's harsh; but I hate that whole “Stop drawing and pay attention to me!” thing they tend to do. “Well, honey-be more interesting, and maybe I would”. Then again, I'm probably just a selfish, heartless bastard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 5:25PM, Jan. 7, 2009
(offline)
UGH.

This year has been really lazy, already.
I say that because, I haven't been on a workout schedule. Even though it's like what, the first week of the year? But still. I need to make one. I had a good one, but it like, died or something.

It shouldn't be that hard.

And the comic is slowly on it's way. I just have to letter the first four pages so I can upload them. And I have to re-save them in photoshop so I can snag the PSD formats. And yeah, it's a bunch of work. D:<

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
bravo1102 at 1:26AM, Jan. 8, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
I wish there was a button you could press to make your partner/spouse/significant other disappear for an indefinite period of time. And another one you could press to summon them back when you needed something or got bored. Yeah, that's harsh; but I hate that whole “Stop drawing and pay attention to me!” thing they tend to do. “Well, honey-be more interesting, and maybe I would”.

Happens to me all the time. Then I get the “I want a hug” But on the bright side, she's always there when I need her, so making an effort to be there for her is something I try to tolerate. ;) Operative word “try”

“Okay dear, I'm right in the middle of something, I'll be down as soon as I can…”
Works, but all too rarely…
Invoking my muse works better because she's come to know my creative process and realises I have to follow it without interruption.
lba at 8:51AM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
Yay back surgery. -_-

I'm getting the feeling I'm going to hate my life very shortly from this little episode.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
kyupol at 2:39PM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
… you know what I'm sayin?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
usedbooks at 4:09PM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
I've been filling out job applications all week. Oh well, at least starvation and eviction aren't on the line any more now that I live with my parents. But I do have other pressures to find that job asap…

#1 reason to find a job: So my parents will shut up – or at least talk about something else.

Foreseeable downside: The new topic of conversation will be about how my brother and sister need to get jobs. (At least it won't be me. -_- )
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
kyupol at 4:45PM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
I've been filling out job applications all week. Oh well, at least starvation and eviction aren't on the line any more now that I live with my parents. But I do have other pressures to find that job asap…

#1 reason to find a job: So my parents will shut up – or at least talk about something else.

Foreseeable downside: The new topic of conversation will be about how my brother and sister need to get jobs. (At least it won't be me. -_- )

Get anything in:
- medical
- military/police
- transport
- anything maintenance/service.

Those are the least affected by the recession.

Or just write a letter to Barrack Obama. Maybe he can help you. :)
lefarce at 10:03PM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
i am drunk and also afraid i am goning to lose my jo bbecause you see we're losing customers like craaazy, and if i lose my job i lose my dental benifits, which is bad because my wisdom teeth are impacted, so i get to go in for surgery, woop woop

also i am constipated, i havent had movements for th elast three days, which is distressing in it's own ways. as you know, poop is one of the most complex things in the scientific world.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Ozoneocean at 11:17PM, Jan. 8, 2009
(online)
I bought a big LCD TV the other day. I don't watch TV, but it's good for the DVDs. :)
I can have people over for movie nights now. Movie nights are much better with a nice big screen ^__^

Hmm, I wouldn't mind too much if I was out of work at this stage. I'm on holidays right now and it's lovely not going in for work every day. But I know how much of an awful worry it is when the money's running out. Not nice.

My Absinthe Junk CD and T-shirt cam today! Yay! Juno Blair's music. Its fantastic :) :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Senshuu at 2:08AM, Jan. 9, 2009
(offline)
I require a job that doesn't need physical exertion. Office/secrtarial or whatever would do nicely, since no one's going to respond to me about design right now, LOLZ

I really would like a relevant design job though.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
HyenaHell at 3:00AM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
I've been drawing for… uh… twelve hours? Twelve days? I lost track. I'm kind of tired and want to go to bed, but it's 6 in the morning already, and I've still got half a pot of somewhat-fresh coffee left over, so I might as well stay up. Also, I'd really like to have a beer right now, but then there's that whole “It's 6 am” thing again.

As long as we're ranting about employment or lack thereof- I'm desperately unemployed, and it's almost impossible to find any work in my, uh, “field” in this town. But by some strange sort of grace, I got an offer to teach a printmaking class! The problem is, I'll be out of town for at least two separate weeks in February, so I'm not sure I can take it. One trip is for a wedding that I might be able to con my way out of going to; but the other trip is home to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, which I refuse under any circumstances to miss. That damn hurricane that kicked me across the country couldn't even make me miss a Mardi Gras; I'll be damned if I'm missing one for even the best of jobs. God, that's irresponsible and immature, isn't it? Someone should punch me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lefarce at 9:38AM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
Senshuu
I require a job that doesn't need physical exertion. Office/secrtarial or whatever would do nicely, since no one's going to respond to me about design right now, LOLZ

I really would like a relevant design job though.

Try applying for a night auditor posistion, most hotels have one. Sure you work all through the night, but all you really do is sit on your ass with more free time than you know what to do with for about 8 bucks an hour.

seventy2 at 2:59PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
and now for the oppossite.

i like my job. does it suck sometimes? yes. does it rule most other times? most definatly. it gives me a ton of money for a practical vacation. and it's awesome.
—-

me and the wife got lost, the wife has sunburn so bad that she refuses to see daylight. last night we were all partying and she started kissing someone elses girlfriend. i decided it was time we leave. we got back and she passed out. i went to sleep shortly after that.

i got a rental car but it's a prius, so it sucks. i had some idea of what i was going to rant about. i think it's the fact that this island has no “local” food, it's all authentic other countries. the even have an authentic american restaurant.
the indie restaurant was excellent, complete with a guy whose accent was so heavy, he pry used to work at a 7-11. the japanese restaurant was excellent, the waitress wore kimono's and they only knew the english that was on the menu. excellent. because the english was actually roman japanese.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Custard Trout at 4:30PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(offline)
LittleBigPlanet is an overrated piece of crap. Why did I buy a PS3? Am I a moron? Yes.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 6:22PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(offline)
Custard Trout
LittleBigPlanet is an overrated piece of crap. Why did I buy a PS3? Am I a moron? Yes.

Metal Gear Solid 4, possibly?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
kyupol at 6:36PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
My friend's girlfriend – she's so hot!!! (I'd say 9 out of 10 as far as looks are concerned). Just looking at her just makes me… (um nvm. I don't wanna put explicit details).

But I shouldnt covet my friend's girlfriend. That can cause problems in the future.

Meanwhile, all I can do is say “damn. What a lucky bastard.” lol!
lefarce at 6:37PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
Littlebig is overrated, yes. Try making a level from a classic game, and watch as it magically vanishes the next day. You gotta love how the PS3's intigrated online system can totally fuck with your creativity.

lba at 6:48PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
I've slept through the last two days after surgery and discovered that vicodin has little to no effect on my system other than making me very sick to my stomach. So I get to lay on my side being sick until the meds wear off, trying to ignore the extra pain the doctor's intern gave me by basically putting a hole in my ass where there wasn't supposed to be one. Why? Because the dope of an intern who was with the anesthesiologist managed to drop a damn scalpel into my buttocks. On top of that, there's a 50% chance that this surgery won't work and I'll end up with the same infection that made me get the surgery in the first place. Modern medicine sucks. -_-

And yet, what's bugging me the most is that I can't just sit at my desk and work because of it. I have such a friggin' one track mind these days it's hardly even funny. lol!
lefarce at 6:50PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
How about you send those pills to me. There are other people who would be happy to have them, bra.

Ozoneocean at 7:44PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
lba
I've slept through the last two days after surgery and discovered that vicodin has little to no effect on my system other than making me very sick to my stomach.
That's probably the massive paracetamol content. It's a painkiller that only works on the most minor of conditions and is only added in order to make you very sick or kill you if you were naughty enough as to take too many pills.

Literally, that's the reason.
Lovely isn't it? They think it's better that you should not get relived of your pain, get sick, have permanent liver damage or die rather than possibly be what they consider “naughty” with those low strength narcotic pain relievers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lba at 8:36PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
That's probably the massive paracetamol content. It's a painkiller that only works on the most minor of conditions and is only added in order to make you very sick or kill you if you were naughty enough as to take too many pills.

Literally, that's the reason.
Lovely isn't it? They think it's better that you should not get relived of your pain, get sick, have permanent liver damage or die rather than possibly be what they consider “naughty” with those low strength narcotic pain relievers.

Well, I have a little fuck you to them. I just took the percocet the previous doctor gave me instead. So instead of vicodin, it's a schedule 3 narcotic. whoo!

lefarce
How about you send those pills to me. There are other people who would be happy to have them, bra.
I'd think about it if not for the fact that it's some sort of felony to send drugs through the mail in Iowa.
Red Slayer at 8:48PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Custard Trout

Metal Gear Solid 4, possibly?
Free online play.
No Red Rings.
PSP synchronization.
Etc.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Skullbie at 10:13PM, Jan. 9, 2009
(online)
I'm probably going to rent an xbox 360 or ps3 when FF13 comes out(or 14 here) Doesn't make sense to actually buy the thing when all i want is one game.

I forgot my rant, oh well
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Senshuu at 5:29AM, Jan. 10, 2009
(offline)
I'll buy a PS3 for MGS4 alone. When I can justify blowing over half a grand for a video game system and single game, that is…

There really isn't as much on the 360 or PS3 as there should be for me to want to buy them. Meanwhile my Wii/DS games are piling up.

I hear Spore and LBP aren't really worth the hype, but LBP still looks more interesting than Spore in a lot of respects.

lefarce - night auditor you say? Sounds fun lol. I'm all for doing jack-nothing jobs for over minimum wage.

(I wish Borders would get back to me though, I stood up for 30 minutes taking their freaking random-personality-questions quiz, and I want a discount on all these books I keep buying)
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon