Random Discussion

The best moment in cartoon history.
SarahN at 6:23PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
http://youtube.com/watch/v/waivuSBDvVQ
I don't care what anyone says…it made me laugh then and it makes me laugh now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Dr3wdub at 6:41PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
lol, classic.
“I'm having Deja Vu and Amnesia at the same time. I have a strange feeling I've forgotten all of this before.”

^Link to the best web comic I've ever read!!!(not mine btw)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Croi Dhubh at 7:44PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
Animaniacs FTW
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
kingofsnake at 8:24PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)

2:58

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
CharleyHorse at 6:00AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
I've gotta admit that the Animaniacs era was the last time I regularly watched Saturday morning cartoons. When they FINALLY replaced absolutely EVERYTHING with Japanese style animation I just gave it up, Saturday morning 'toons that is.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
jimmy_genocide at 8:25AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
I agree, saturday mrning cartoons kind of died out for me when everything got replaced by japenese style cartoons.i still watch the classics though, but it seems to only time they are ever on is late at night (usually when i should be wrking on my comics) but good ol' roadrunner is always good for a laugh.

but here is something that i noticed. when i was a kid growing up it was all about the classic x-men, batman, roadrunner, bugs bunny,spidermad, the hulk, you know all those classic american made shows, and then everything switched to pokemon, digimon, dragonball z and later inuyasha, gundam and those shows, now dont get me wrong, at the time i was a die hard fan of all those shows. but the issue i noticed was after the era where anime shows invaded television they started making comic book movies, which in all fairness is an awsome idea, but then they tried to bring back the original american superheroes but when they did they where most often spin offs of the movie or a “next generation” type show (ie batman byond, for those of you who dont know the plot was basically bruce wayne being too old to fight crime so e takes on an aprentice) as well as xmen:evolution. now thee shows werent that bad, but at this point i had grown too mature for the story lines these shows came out with. but i had always noticed that after the “anime invasion” all american cartoons took on certain aspects that made not only the art but also the story lines very similar to that of the anime shows.

so what im getting at here is what ever happened to that good ol' fashioned american style comic shows? i mean to me everything looks like its turning into anime style now, and i'll admit, even though im not a spiderman fan, i miss the classic spiderman show.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
CharleyHorse at 2:29PM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
I figure the unidirectional cross pollination of Western style animation occurred for two reasons.

First it was probably a ‘Let’s not take chances here' aspect in that if the Saturday morning kiddies seem infatuated with Japanese styling let's include touches of the same in western styling just to be on the safe side.

The other reason may have been that most animation is now done in the far east anyway and so it's probably a bit difficult to try and force your animators into a western style when they most likely find eastern styling more comfortable to work with. In other words, there's fewer quality control hassles and lower prices over all if you just relax your stylistic standards to allow for or to accept the inclusion of eastern techniques. Anyway, these are my guesses, but I may be waaaay off base here.

Now I do like much Japanese animation work, but I also like western animation and figure that it was a bit of a mistake to simply dump the one for the other.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Kohdok at 4:06PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
Best moment in cartoon history? You sure it wasn't this?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Eunice P at 2:56AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
I'd say this is more classic. Drawn in year 1910. A bit creepy especially the background music.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Nintendude at 8:36PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
by not watching any of these videos I already know the classic cartoons always have the best jokes.
AWESOME MAN! Here to make the day more AWESOME…..MAN!
Dun dun dun awesomeman AWESOME MANNN!
*repeats until your head explodes*
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved