Media Megaforum

The Black Dahlia
SarahN at 6:28PM, Sept. 14, 2006
(online)
So I heard this wasn't very good….or mostly just confusing.
…but uh…I was looking up stuff on this murder (I like learning info on weird true stories like this)….and found a bit more than I wanted to. :smt078

….basically saw her cut in half as well as….her face…*shudder*…I'm more squeamish to real life death I suppose…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
Mazoo at 8:03PM, Sept. 14, 2006
(offline)
The idea that this story was based on a true story facinates, yet creeps me out completely.

I'm not sure I'd see the movie. I'm not too keen on horror fliks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Mazoo at 5:15AM, Sept. 15, 2006
(offline)
If the guy from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't even in Texas and didn't use a chainsaw… I don't really see where they can get the story from then.

I'm afraid I don't believe you, equinox. Sure, the movie'll hollywood-it-up, but that almost seems ridiculous.

I wish they would make something on the Green River Murderer. I think that's what he was called. He was a serial killer who would purposefully leave the police clues but everything was coded and the police never broke his clues. They said that he was a mathmatical genuis. Never caught him either. Hey, even if it isn't exactly true, it'd still make a good story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
ccs1989 at 11:25AM, Sept. 15, 2006
(online)
No, they can basically take anything and say "Based on a True Story". Because everything is based on something. Ideas have to come from somewhere. Say there's a guy who's coaching a basketball team, made up of mostly minorities. Take that guy, make the movie "Coach Carter" (with Samuel L. Jackson) and say "Based on a True Story".

Even worse are the "Based on True Events" movies.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Ian Jay at 8:35PM, Sept. 15, 2006
(offline)
…Can I say that I still kind of want to see this movie? Because I do. After watching his take on The Untouchables an hour ago, I've decided that I like Brian DePalma. He's not afraid to use almost ridiculously dramatic camera effects. Plus: Crime movies are cool.

~IJ

PS: Can I make snap judgments on directors based on only one of their films? Heck yeah I can.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
magickmaker at 7:55PM, Sept. 26, 2006
(offline)
It was a good movie. I didn't really see it as a horror movie, though. It wasn't anything like the actual crimes, from what I heard about them. I would've done research into them, but it sounded like there'd be some seriously creepy stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved