Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Comic Book Challenge
Aussie_kid at 6:41PM, June 14, 2008
(online)
anonymousposterchild
Can't help but notice that the prize list still hasn't been announced, but the submission period is over.
It's actually midnight PT tonight when it ends, so there are still a few more hours before it's too late to enter
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
spunkbrat at 7:50AM, June 15, 2008
(offline)
noneedforbushido
Is a spoiler-free synopsis what you're looking for, or do you want everything laid bare, no surprises, no secrets, beginning, middle and end?

Hmmm I was deliberating over this as well and opted for a spoiler-free synopsis.

Got a 66,000+ confirmation number…wow are there so many entries?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
skoolmunkee at 1:31PM, June 15, 2008
(offline)
anonymousposterchild
Can't help but notice that the prize list still hasn't been announced, but the submission period is over.

What are you, their mom?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
killersteak at 8:19PM, June 15, 2008
(online)
What about the celebrity electronic judges?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Rori at 9:10PM, June 15, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
anonymousposterchild

What are you, their mom?

hahaha, the prize list never calls, and for mother's day a 99 cent card and gas station rose…? Zuda's prize list is a doctor!

This is probably somewhere, but I can't find it (sorry). I know you could enter as many ideas as you like, but when it comes to the top 50, can you only have one spot?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:11PM
skoolmunkee at 2:44AM, June 16, 2008
(offline)
I'm pretty sure last year there was one guy who had a couple comics in the top 50…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
albone at 6:18AM, June 18, 2008
(online)
Quick question: Will everyone who entered receive an email whether they make the top 50 or not? Or should we just wait to see if we show up in the top 50?
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
nycartist1 at 7:59AM, June 18, 2008
(offline)
albone
Quick question: Will everyone who entered receive an email whether they make the top 50 or not? Or should we just wait to see if we show up in the top 50?

I'm not sure, but I would guess that only the Top 50 would be sent email notification. I'm sure the 50 will be posted over at http://www.comicbookchallenge.com as soon as they are selected.

Good luck, Comic Book Challenger!

All the best,
Gil
Aliens, apocalyptic comets, dinosaurs, government conspiracies, mutants, pirates, psychics, vikings, and a witty young woman with a nose for news.

Oh, and an all-powerful emo-boy.

GODED
Coming soon to an interweb near you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Platinum Dan at 1:46PM, June 19, 2008
(online)
Hey, folks. Sorry, I've been swamped in entries, trying to get the Top 50 selected. To answer a few questions:

You CAN have more than one entry in the Top 50, but no one has in the previous years.

The prizes will be announced with the Top 50 and we'll be emailing everybody else to say thanks, too.

Alright, diving back into entries! Wish me luck!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Aussie_kid at 10:03PM, June 19, 2008
(online)
Platinum Dan
Hey, folks. Sorry, I've been swamped in entries, trying to get the Top 50 selected. To answer a few questions:

You CAN have more than one entry in the Top 50, but no one has in the previous years.

The prizes will be announced with the Top 50 and we'll be emailing everybody else to say thanks, too.

Alright, diving back into entries! Wish me luck!!!

Damn, wishing I put in more than one now. Oh well, at least now I know when to take a look at what I probably won't be winning. Then again, you need to be in it to win it. And I am in it. I guess we'll see
Hanzou at 11:17PM, June 24, 2008
(online)
Good luck to all who entered. Hope to see your comics in the limelight very soon.
PSK Every Monday and Friday

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/measley/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
kkoenig at 10:48AM, June 29, 2008
(offline)
How many people enter the comic book challenge every year?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
nycartist1 at 12:38PM, July 1, 2008
(offline)
Anyone know when the “Top 50” list is going to be posted?

Just wonderin'…
Aliens, apocalyptic comets, dinosaurs, government conspiracies, mutants, pirates, psychics, vikings, and a witty young woman with a nose for news.

GODED
Platinum Dan at 12:42PM, July 1, 2008
(online)
We should be posting the Top 50 in the next day or two. We're hip deep in entries still, but we should be done soon. We don't release the exact number of entries, but it's taking me and two other people well over two weeks since we closed the entries and about a month before that, with lots of overtime and weekends and not focusing on anything else, to read them all. Figure about 5-10 minutes per entry and you can get a pretty good guess. OK, back at it!!!
nycartist1 at 12:53PM, July 1, 2008
(offline)
Platinum Dan
We should be posting the Top 50 in the next day or two. We're hip deep in entries still, but we should be done soon. We don't release the exact number of entries, but it's taking me and two other people well over two weeks since we closed the entries and about a month before that, with lots of overtime and weekends and not focusing on anything else, to read them all. Figure about 5-10 minutes per entry and you can get a pretty good guess. OK, back at it!!!

Thanks, Dan!

GODED
Platinum Dan at 12:57PM, July 2, 2008
(online)
The top 50 are up. Check it out at www.comicbookchallenge.com and see if you recognize anyone. There are definitely folks from the DD family there. I'll try to get some of them to stop by and say Hi. Thanks to each and every person from here who entered, too. It was a really tough choice with a LOT of really great ideas and many of them from here.

OH, and the prizes are up there, too, now in case anyone was still wondering.
Aussie_kid at 5:40PM, July 2, 2008
(online)
Oh well, didn't get in this year. Guess I'll just try to improve this year so I'll have a better shot for next year's CBC
Lord Flashheart at 10:08PM, July 2, 2008
(offline)
Big surprise you guys waited until you had the top 50 selected to announce the prizes, seeing as you have one prize in there worth winning. Couldn't get Adobe as a sponsor this year, huh?

For reference, last year's prize list:

Someone
Grand Prize Winner
Winner's entry published as either a comic book miniseries or a graphic novel to debut at a Wizard World 2008 event.
15“ Apple Mac Book Pro plus a $500 gift certificate from Newegg.com
42” Philips Plasma HDTV from Newegg.com
30GB Microsoft Zune from Newegg.com
11“ x 6” Intuos 3 Graphire tablet from Wacom
Toon Boom Solo animation software from ToonBoom
Comic Book Creator Super Pack from Planetwide Media

Finalists (2)
42“ Philips Plasma HDTV from Newegg.com
11” x 6" Intuos 3 Graphire tablet from Wacom
Toon Boom Studio animation software from ToonBoom

Semifinalists (7)
Toon Boom Studio Express animation software from ToonBoom
Comic Book Creator software from Planet Wide Media

Top 50
$50 gift certificate from Newegg.com

This year? This year you've got a product suite that is basically Adobe Creative Suite's inbred cousin, a videogame you can play online for free and some movie tickets that a lot of people won't even be able to use.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Blues at 10:12PM, July 2, 2008
(offline)
Lord Flashheart
Big surprise you guys waited until you had the top 50 selected to announce the prizes, seeing as you have one prize in there worth winning. Couldn't get Adobe as a sponsor this year, huh?

For reference, last year's prize list:

Someone
Grand Prize Winner
Winner's entry published as either a comic book miniseries or a graphic novel to debut at a Wizard World 2008 event.
15“ Apple Mac Book Pro plus a $500 gift certificate from Newegg.com
42” Philips Plasma HDTV from Newegg.com
11“ x 6” Intuos 3 Graphire tablet from Wacom
Toon Boom Solo animation software from ToonBoom

Finalists (2)
42“ Philips Plasma HDTV from Newegg.com
11” x 6" Intuos 3 Graphire tablet from Wacom
Toon Boom Studio animation software from ToonBoom

Semifinalists (7)
Toon Boom Studio Express animation software from ToonBoom

Top 50
$50 gift certificate from Newegg.com

This year? This year you've got a product suite that is basically Adobe Creative Suite's inbred cousin, a videogame you can play online for free and some movie tickets that a lot of people won't even be able to use.

What did happen to the prizes this year?
http://linerider.com/en/node/365244 <– I'm halfway to having the top 50 prizes already
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
and i dunno what to do… she's 100% serious
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Bradleyo at 7:58AM, July 3, 2008
(online)
Ok. So some how me and my comic Surfboards and Rayguns made it in to the top 50, and to me thats cool, I'm really exited.
As far as this years prizes go, there is some pretty cool stuff there, maybe not as fat as last year, but I have to say, for me it's not about the prize packs.

It's about winning the grand prize and seeing my book in print. It's about making a bit of money to do something I love so I can continue to do it.

Congrats to the other 49, and best of luck to everyone.

Cheers
~Brad Overall

http://www.drunkduck.com/Surfboards_and_RayGuns/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Lord Flashheart at 11:30AM, July 3, 2008
(offline)
Bradleyo
Ok. So some how me and my comic Surfboards and Rayguns made it in to the top 50, and to me thats cool, I'm really exited.
As far as this years prizes go, there is some pretty cool stuff there, maybe not as fat as last year, but I have to say, for me it's not about the prize packs.

It's about winning the grand prize and seeing my book in print. It's about making a bit of money to do something I love so I can continue to do it.

Cheers
~Brad Overall

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your prize of.. uh… Speed Racer Comic Creator.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
skoolmunkee at 3:22PM, July 3, 2008
(offline)
Lord Flashheart
the most annoying noise in the world

Oh look it's APC back to troll! You just can't stay away from these platinum threads can you? FIGHT THE MAN!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Aussie_kid at 6:39AM, July 4, 2008
(online)
Bradleyo

Cheers
~Brad Overall

Yeah, for me this was the main thing as well. Just seeing your work printed for the rest of the world to enjoy. I didn't really care about the big prizes from last year like the TV and the iMac or anything like that since US and Australian powerpoints are different (US is straight down, Australia has theirs at an angle) so I wouldn't have been able to use them anyway. All I wanted was to go to my local comicbook shop, look at the stand and see my beloved creation on the shelf, right next to Kiss4K and Hero by Night and just above Looking for Group.

Also, the money for the publishing would have been nice

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon