Media Megaforum

The Dark Knight (2008) (filming)
lefarce at 12:36PM, July 25, 2007
(online)
To quoth the Wiki: Before the release of Batman Begins, screenwriter David S. Goyer wrote a treatment for two sequels, introducing the Joker and Harvey Dent, in which the former scars the latter during his trial in a third film.(source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=2978)>

The script was written by the Nolan brothers, so it can still change from this, and the treatment is also old. But it should be noted that Goyer is still tacked on with story credits, so they may still be using his treatments. I suppose it can change, and we'll just have to wait and see. But from what I've read, and from what I've seen, it's doubtful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
lefarce at 12:40PM, July 26, 2007
(online)
Double post. Found the teaser trailer to The Dark Knight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nb4TstBBHYE

Low quality. There are several sites back this up as legit.

EDIT: Video's been removed.

EDIT: cinamatical.com does a better job with summaries than I do.

-“The most annoying part of the teaser is that it's a, well, teaser. As expected, none of the footage was ready to show yet, and so all we get is a black background (that slowly becomes the bat symbol) and a voice-over exchange between Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) and Alfred (Michael Caine). Wayne tells Alfred that ”he“ crossed the line, and Alfred fires back: ”You crossed the line first, sir.“ He later adds: ”Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.“ The bat symbol flies into the picture – we hear some brief dialogue from the Joker (Heath Ledger doing his best Jack Nicholson impression), a Joker playing card flies across the screen and we're out. The Dark Knight. Summer 2008. I'm sure a lot of fans will be disappointed in the fact that no actual footage is shown, but keep in mind they're still filming this puppy.”

SarahN at 2:09PM, July 26, 2007
(online)
lefarce
Double post. Found the teaser trailer to The Dark Knight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nb4TstBBHYE

Low quality. There are several sites back this up as legit.
Is it me or is Heath trying to sound like Jack Nicholson? Maybe not…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
lefarce at 3:53PM, July 26, 2007
(online)
He did say he was going to act totally different from Jack, stating that emulating him would only be a disaster, and that he needs to bring his own style to the character. But I don't care much for the way he's delivering his lines. For some reason each line he said sounded like it was from a different track. Maybe that's why it sounds so funny.

Still betting on the Joker getting beaten to death with a tire iron.

DemonSaintDante at 5:27AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
lefarce
Still betting on the Joker getting beaten to death with a tire iron.

Best comic book moment ever…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
lefarce at 10:39AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
Cinamatical is doing up to the minute coverage today on The Dark Knight. So far they've revealed a new teaser website called whysoserious.com. It's changed since yesterday, apparently, and now asks:

“Tell your stooges on the ground to look up. They'll tell you what to do next.”

It then asks for a password, which I can only assume will be given out during the comic-con panel.

Also, Two-Face will appear in the movie, so color me corrected. I'm now wondering if it's his voice at the end of the teaser, as it sound more like Eckhart than Ledger. But who knows.

God damn I want to see this movie.

EDIT: The site updated again. Now the bottom of the page reads: “Get more recruits to the van, any way you can!”. The link that read “My Wannabes” now links to pictures of people cosplaying as the Joker.

Bekefel at 10:59AM, July 27, 2007
(offline)
I wish I had seen some of these movies so I discuss this, the only one I have seen is the one with Uma Thurman looking ridiculous as Poison Ivy. Is that Forever or Begins?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out my copy and it was actually Batman and Robin 1998.

George Clooney as Batman. lol!
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
DemonSaintDante at 5:00PM, July 27, 2007
(online)
id assume forever…

But the greatest live action batman movie of all time is batman returns… directed by tim burton with music by Danny elfman…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
lefarce at 7:58PM, July 27, 2007
(online)
More Dark Knight updates. Warner Bros. didn't do a conference like everyone thought they would. Hell no. They had a message written in the sky from the Joker, along with a phone number to call. If you ring in you hear a man who is apparently being tortured by the Joker, and forced to give “the punch line”, which is “inside joke”. He has one more “joke” for everyone that goes “what's the last thing I'll ever say?”. The punchline to that is apparently him screaming as he is gagged and shot. The call drops after that.

If you insert “inside joke” on the viral marketing site from earlier (now gone, read below), it will take you to this screen shot:

Follow the next part and it will take you to the Dark Knight teaser trailer.

The site is now gone, and has a new bloody message along with a bulletin that states that the Joker has been killed. However, he's left a threat which reads “see you in December”. Those of you who played the first viral game know that when the defaced Harvey Dent ad site went down, it was replaced with a long string of “hahaha”'s. If you took the letters out that didn't belong, they spelled “see you in December”.

My guess is that in December we'll get a full trailer. Either way this viral game was pretty fun, and creepy as fuck. Ledger's Joker is going to be fucking insane from the looks of things. The only thing I'm not digging at this point is his voice.

Ocka at 8:04PM, Aug. 11, 2007
(offline)

‘DARK KNIGHT’ FOOTAGE MAKES ITS DEBUT
A full report on the first look at Christopher Nolan’s Batman sequel including the Joker, the Batpod and…Two Face?

By Kiel Phegley
Posted August 11, 2007 8:40 PM

Minutes ago, the capacity crowd at Wizard World Chicago was treated to the first look at “The Dark Knight” – the much anticipated sequel to fan favorite “Batman Begins.” With actors Christian Bale, Gary Oldman and Aaron Eckhart on hand along with Nolan and screenwriters Jonah Nolan and David Goyer, DC Publisher Paul Levitz led the crowd through a spirited and secretive Q&A before getting to a sneak peek at the Dark Knight’s most recent on-screen battle with his arch nemesis, The Joker.

Fans were only allowed to see it once, and while it might be some time before the footage will be released to theaters across America, Wizard Universe was on hand to witness the action and give a full report.
The footage started with a silhouette of a dark figure in front of one of Batman’s armored vehicles before quickly cutting to Bruce Wayne and Alfred delivering the brief lines heard in the “Dark Knight” teaser trailer.

“Some people just want to watch the world burn,” advises Alfred before the camera jumps to Batman in action on the Batpod, the new iteration of his motorcycle.

The action built up as the Joker was seen in full for the first time with a mess of white face, smeared red lipstick and sweaty, straggly green hair. Apparently, the clown prince of crime gets arrested at one point in the film, as the montage presented Jim Gordon (complete in SWAT gear) at the Joker’s booking, saying, "no prints, no ID, custom clothes, no tags.” The clown smiles with what appears to be blood over his face from the inside of an interrogation room.

Checking back in with Bruce Wayne, the billionaire playboy has a brief scene with Eckhart’s Harvey Dent where he says “Rachel’s told me everything about you.”

“I truly hope not,” responds Wayne.

The footage sped up at that point into an intense montage of action, featuring the following clips:
- The new batsuit rising up from a trap door in the ground and held in a chain metal case.

- Rachel Dawes (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) close to an unidentified man either kissing him or being threatened by him as the camera rotates around them.

- The Joker and Batman battling in close quarters (possibly a hospital room). Batman throws Joker over a table and crashing into the ground while the clown smiles at him. It should be noted that the Joker was done up in his signature purple suit.

- Plenty of big, bold Batmobile action including a shot where the tank-like car drives through a wall of flame. In fact, flames were pretty much everywhere in the footage as it appears Joker does actually make the world burn.

- There is also a shot of a somewhat grim-faced Joker walking across a city street mercilessly firing a machine gun as well as a television close-up of the Joker laughing hysterically.

- Two major additions to the speculation that Two Face will appear in the film came in the form of a single shot of a spinning 50 cent piece and the final image: after the action montage has slowed down, the camera cuts to a bartender looking at Harvey Dent, whose only onscreen presence is his left shoulder and a bit of a reddish-purple scarred neck. “Dent! I thought you were dead!” the man gasps, to which Harvey replies, “Half.”

I wish I could have seen that footage..so far it sounds awesome >.>

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
lefarce at 10:20PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
I'm trying to avoid anything concerning The Dark Knight like I try to avoid the Aids.

But I can't help it. Shit like this is just too damn awesome.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
mlai at 6:04AM, Aug. 25, 2007
(online)
Batman was all superninja-y in the 1st movie. But now he's being hugged by a hobo with a mask and having Heath Ledger kick his nuts.

Repeat of Batman Forever…?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
lefarce at 9:24AM, Aug. 25, 2007
(online)
I didn't want to spoil too much, else I would post pictures of Batman interrogating the Joker. He gets him back for the balls kick. :D

I like it because the body language speaks a lot about the new joker. At least he's willing to get his hands dirty, unlike the Nicholson Joker. He seems to be more interested in inflicting harm directly.

Also, I don't know how you can draw that comparison. Obviously you don't read the comics, else you would know that the Joker isn't some guy who is above kicking while your down. I'd say Nolan is getting a lot of crucial aspects of the Joker right. I wouldn't worry, this is the same hissy fit people threw during the first film, and we all know how that turned out. Put aways the tissue and have some faith in Nolan and Bale. I wouldn't worry until they add nipples and swap directors.

ozoneocean at 1:30AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
And to think, my sister went out with little Heathy when they were still in school together…. Tosser.

I couldn't help myself, that pic is just such a throwback to the classic TV batman series with Adam West and the best joker EVER: Cesar Romero!

SO, I give you… POW

and POW turbo:

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
jalford at 4:08AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
They're really following the Long Halloween & Dark Victory plot lines pretty well, plus the original Dark Knight Halloween Specials.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
lefarce at 4:37PM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
Serious? Your sister dated Heath Ledger?

Crazy.

marine at 8:00PM, Aug. 26, 2007
(offline)
lefarce

Crazy.

I dated him too.. but he didn't want to make our relationship public. We meet up every so many years on that mountain where we first met…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
lefarce at 9:03PM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
marine
lefarce

Crazy.

I dated him too.. but he didn't want to make our relationship public. We meet up every so many years on that mountain where we first met…

Sweetest thing I've heard all day.

ozoneocean at 8:58AM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
lefarce
No. It was her birthday today so I was on the phone to her and asked her about it (just as a side thing, the birthday was more important :P). Turns out it was just that she knew him at school and she actually always thought he was gay…

Seriously. He went to a rather expensive private school that does board (although I don't know if he boarded), and you know what they say about borders… But anyway, her school had a special ballet program, and Heath came over as part of that. Se he was doing ballet classes there. :)

That'd figure. The uni he went to, same one as me, has an excellent arts program, especially performing arts. Lots of ballet girls there. ^_^

-So no, never actually dated, just sorta friends.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
SarahN at 12:01PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
Ledger-Joker's hair is definitely a “I fell in toxic chemicals” green.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved