Media Megaforum

The Dark Knight: AFterthoughts
Hawk at 3:40PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
I totally forgot about Catwoman. Your reasoning actually makes a lot of sense, Skoolmunkee. You could be right.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
SpANG at 6:00PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Bane would be good. Also:

- The Black Mask
- Gearhead
- Toyman

… But I do reject the notion that a decent Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, or Clayface could be done right.

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Sea_Cow at 7:48PM, July 28, 2008
(offline)
I liked Joker's pencil trick. IT DISAPPEARED!! INTO THIN AIR!!!

Also, I hope Bane is in the next movie. Partly because “The Man who Broke the Bat” would make for part of a great cinematic story. That would also mean bringing in Azrael. I would love to see how Christopher Nolan fits those characters in.

Also, Bane needs redemption after what “Batman and Robin” did to him. :(
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
lefarce at 8:37PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
just saw this again today and its still the best movie ever and if you disagree it must really suck to be someone like you who must find something to hate in everything

brb buying tickets again~

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
SpANG at 9:09PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
lefarce
…it must really suck to be someone like you who must find something to hate in everything
I can't remember… Is this Irony or just plain 'ol hypocrisy? lol!
lefarce at 9:38PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
SpANG
lefarce
…it must really suck to be someone like you who must find something to hate in everything
I can't remember… Is this Irony or just plain 'ol hypocrisy? lol!

You read and enjoy craving control

i obviously dont hate myself as much as u

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
SpANG at 10:02PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Awwww. So it's come to lying to discredit. How mature!

You're right though. I hate you much, much more than you hate yourself. ;)
Sea_Cow at 10:09PM, July 28, 2008
(offline)
Look, it's lefarce arguing with an admin! I'm glad that every time I log onto drunk duck, I'm going to see something new!
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
isukun at 10:27PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Also, what detestable thing can Joker do in a sequel that he didn't do in this movie? Can the Joker even top himself?

The only thing that kind of bothered me about the movie was that they seemed to be setting up the Joker to be a recurring character. With Ledger gone, though, they will likely end up completely changing whatever plans they may have had in the works for the next sequel.

As for the next villain(s), there are quite a few which can still fit into the more realistic universe of Nolan's movies. I know the History Channel has been running a few specials lately to coincide with the launch of the new movie. One of them was about the psychology behind the characters in the Batman comics and the movies. I definitely think some of the more colorful characters from the comics who were still human could be given a more realistic face lift. While some characters from Gotham Knight show up in the movie, I doubt they are obligated to accept it as and official entry into the storyline, and I found all of the villains from that were possible to portray realistically.

I would hate to see them bring in a new love interest in the next movie. I have nothing against bringing in a strong female character, but I think it would be for the better to not jump right into Catwoman or Talia at this point so we don't get the same pattern of a new woman for every movie like the last Batman series. While romances occurred in the comics, they were not an ever-present element in Batman's life. I would like to see at least one movie where Batman has no love interest.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Hawk at 10:46PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
SpANG
Bane would be good. Also:

- The Black Mask
- Gearhead
- Toyman

… But I do reject the notion that a decent Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, or Clayface could be done right.

You've named some more obscure ones. I kind of wish I knew more about Batman. But was Toyman the guy with the explosive remote control cars that I remember from the animated series? If so, he's pretty cool! And yes, quite fitting in the realm of Nolan Batman. One of the major themes that seems to be strong in these latest movies is mental illness… the villains aren't dangerous because they have powers, but because they're simply sick enough to be dangerous.

Bane isn't a bad idea either. He was so poorly used in Batman and Robin. The only problem may be that many people would expect him to break Batman's back. And it's probably not time for that.

If Poison Ivy were to work, she would need a little bit of a redesign. She'd have to rely on her plant toxins and little wrist crossbow thing, and completely avoid sentient killer plants. I wouldn't mind them finding a way to use her… I always thought Ivy was the hottest Batman character.

isukun at 11:35PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
The episode I remember with the exploding toy cars was “Beware the Gray Ghost” which did not feature the Toyman. In fact, Toyman isn't really a Batman villain, he's from Superman.
jalford at 12:39AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Isn't it possible that TDK Joker knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne? He hinted that at first he figured that he was Dent after they way Batman dashed to save Rachel. So the only other guy in Gotham who had any romantic interest in her was Wayne, which is pretty much public knowledge that they were friends growing up too. Plus, it wouldn't take much to figure out that that guy who publicly claimed to know Batman's identity was an employee of Wayne Enterprises.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
skoolmunkee at 5:31AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
kingofsnake
I think they'll bring bullock in to help hunt batman, but then he'll be clear by the end of it, and bullock will always still hate him.

Oh, how awesome would it be to have Bullock and Montoya in the next movie? I love the Montoya character and she would be awesome. Actually that may be a direction the next movie takes- more focus on the police and less on Batman's development, and how the two come into conflict. I can totally see a police/Batman showdown as to who can protect the city better. Having Montoya would put in a strong female role (and sort of rectify the fact that the only female cop in TDK was a traitor), and no risk of her becoming a Batman love interest.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
isukun at 6:33AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Montoya would be awkward. They already had a hispanic female cop…
and I don't think she was aware of what she had done until after the fact, which makes it kind of hard to write her off as a traitor.
Ramirez was practically a rip off of Montoya in Gotham Knight (even further evidenced by her partnership with Crispus Allen, who was Montoya's partner in the comics). Besides which, Montoya was created for the animated series, she was in no way a character associated with the classic comics and when they did eventually bring her into the regular comics, she was made into kind of a stupid character.

Both the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan Batmans had a character like Harvey Bullock. The characters are more based on the original concept than the later redeemed Bullock, though. In the Burton film you had Lt. Ekhardt and in the Nolan film you had Detective Flass. I don't think Bullock would be needed with the way the story went at the end of Dark Knight, anyway.
kingofsnake at 8:36AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
What about Lock-Up? Another great character that originated in TAS but then got worked into the regular DCU. He'd fit perfectly into the Nolan's universe, especially if Batman 3 picks up where TDK left off with Batman as a criminal
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Hawk at 9:04AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
isukun
The episode I remember with the exploding toy cars was “Beware the Gray Ghost”

Yeah, that's the guy I'm thinking of. I really liked that episode. I don't think they should rule out Animated Series characters… I'd love to see Harley Quinn show up.
Rori at 9:45AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Duh, you guys, Man-Bat…

This is part of what I didn't like about the ending, it at once seemed like they didn't know what the hell they we're going to do with another movie, but was presumptive that another movie was entirely necessary to provide closure to the overall story. Which is something Batman never really gets. Plus you have the vague set up that everyone hates Batman, so, whatever foe wreaks havoc on Gotham, it's going to have to be a helluva lot of havoc…and they already blew their load on the Joker and multiple villains always bring a movie down.

That said, I personally love the psychology behind Batman and his villains, it's like this gruesome Freudian play for the benefit of Bruce Wayne. I'd rather like to see someone like ScarFace/Ventriloquist in a movie, I think it could be rather creepy if done right. Also, like Batman's male villains sometimes seem to be these manifestations of his “issues”, so his female villains often take on this psycho-sexual role. But I don't know how they could set that up decently considering the trajectory of the movies so far. I guess Talia would be the best go, bring everything full circle.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:11PM
DAJB at 9:53AM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Hey, here's a question for some of you: What do you think they can do with the next movie?
What I've been wanting to see on-screen is the movie of Gordon's cops hunting the Batman. He is, after all, a criminal himself.

They did it for a while in the comics and it was a major feature of DKR but the closest they've come in the movies so far is the ridiculous scene in Batman Returns where the Penguin takes remote control of the Batmobile.

Someone in this thread said they didn't set up the next movie like they did at the end of Batman Begins. I'm not so sure. The film ended with the comment that Batman was going to take the blame for the cops murdered by Dent. That would be a perfect lead in to a movie where Batman is hunted as a criminal. I can only hope!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:58PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Some people think the next batman movie will have catwoman based on Fox's little joke when the new bat suit shows up. Remember, when Bruce asked Fox if the new suit would protect him from dogs? Fox replied that Bruce should be safe from cats.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
jalford at 11:55PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Didn't he already have a new suit? His outfit he wore at the beginning when he was taking down Scarecrow and the Copybats was the one with the big collar, but the one he had later on that Fox designed to originally break into the building in Hong Kong had it so the back of the cowl was segmented and he could turn his head. Plus, the guantlets were different, not the ones he got from Ra's group in the first movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved