Media Megaforum

The day my childhood died.
Sariling Mundo at 9:38AM, Aug. 13, 2010
(online)
No one is safe.

ComingSoon.net
Bugs Bunny Theatrical Film Planned

Source: Deadline August 13, 2010

Warner Bros. is planning to bring Bugs Bunny to the big screen in a live-action film, reports Deadline.

David Berenbaum, the screenwriter of Elf and The Spiderwick Chronicles has been hired to draft the film which, like the studio's upcoming Yogi Bear, will blend live action with computer animation.

Bugs Bunny, who recently celebrated his 70th birthday, has not appeared on the big screen since 2003's Looney Tunes: Back in Action. Other “Looney Tunes” characters recently made a theatrical resurgence with a CGI short before Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. Two more shorts are planned before WB family films later this year.
My comics and their REAL ratings:

The Intrepid TORPEDO! - T+

Painkiller - M

ZetaMax - E
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 10:16AM, Aug. 13, 2010
(offline)
Well they technically already have with Bugs. I mean they were animated but in Looney Tunes Back in action and that other Looney tunes movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Amelius at 12:24PM, Aug. 13, 2010
(online)
I was just about to post about that too! DO NOT WANT.

Seriously, there needs to be a petition to tell WB NOT to do to Bugs what has happened to Yogi! Looney Tunes are 2d animated characters, and should REMAIN 2D ANIMATED.

Who is in charge at WB these days anyway? Nice to see things haven't changed since the day Jack Warner said “All I know is we make Mickey Mouse cartoons”

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Fitz at 10:56AM, Aug. 20, 2010
(online)
isukun
I don't think it's just the decision to use CG that makes this bad. It's the decision to use CG with live action. You have cartoony characters that you're trying to make look realistic and it really doesn't work.

At least they actually resemble the cartoon originals - unlike, let's say… Garfield :nervous: The thing that makes ME cringe about all those CG/live action remakes is that they have real life actors act like cartoons. Make big eyes, grin like crazy, act like complete idiots… That made the Garfield movie even more pathetic and painful to watch - and here we see it again in the trailer.

I don't actually care about the Yogi Bear movie - just like I never really cared about the cartoon. But I couldn't help but cringe at the SMURFS movie. Is this how you make kiddie movies today? 1. Take random 80's cartoon character. 2. Make it 3D. 3. Send them to New York City. 4. PROFIT!

But then again… I've seen many of my childhood legends smashed to pieces by inept filmmakers. The Flintstones. OK, so John Goodman and Rick Moranis were great - but the whole thing… Even as a kid I felt the movie insults my intelligence.

Same with the Spider-Man flicks. What they did with Venom was a tragedy. My favorite villain EVER! Come to think of it, those old 70's Spider-Man tv movies were better than that genuine piece of CGI excrement.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles… I'm talking about the 1990's live action ones. The first one was good, but I was bitterly disappointed with the 2nd one. No Rocksteady or Bebop? If they ever make another Turtles movie, they'd better be in it! GRRR! And Krang, too! Second favorite villain ever!

The one that turned out to be quite enjoyable is the X-Men series. Ok, so the first X-Men movie was a BIT of a disappointment. Sure, Wolverine was awesome. And I'm willing to forgive them for ditching the spandex suits lol! But Anna Paquin as Rogue? My favorite mutant hottie ever! Nooooooooo! Plus, the whole movie felt… too slow. But the second one was WAY better. Pretty close to brilliant, actually. It had all my favorites in it. Nightcrawler! The beginning was one of THE best action sequences EVER. Then there was Colossus (if only for a moment) and Jubilee! Happy happy joy joy! What I loved about X-2 and X-3 the most is that it followed the “Dark Phoenix Saga” - the first X-Men story I read. Sure, it was DIFFERENT, but it was still EPIC.

I wonder about the upcoming He-Man movie…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Product Placement at 12:25PM, Sept. 1, 2010
(online)
Aaaaaaaah!!!

Aaaah!

Aaaaaah!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

-inhales-

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:39PM, Sept. 1, 2010
(offline)
No…

Not Mighty Mouse…

…that's an actual catastrophy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
mlai at 7:17PM, Sept. 1, 2010
(online)
Fitz
What I loved about X-2 and X-3 the most is that it followed the “Dark Phoenix Saga” - the first X-Men story I read. Sure, it was DIFFERENT, but it was still EPIC.
The first X movie was great. The 2nd was better. The 3rd is a P.O.S.

3rd movie: Plot is overall stupid. Characters die haphazardly who had no business dying. The whole movie became The Wolverine Show, and it wasn't a good show.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
isukun at 8:02PM, Sept. 1, 2010
(online)
The first one was good, but I was bitterly disappointed with the 2nd one. No Rocksteady or Bebop? If they ever make another Turtles movie, they'd better be in it! GRRR! And Krang, too! Second favorite villain ever!

Honestly, I'd rather not see them take any elements from the TV show. The comics were so much better and that's what made the first movie so good. Good stunt work, good muppets, good story, and most of that story was lifted straight out of the comics. For anyone who was into the comics first, the cartoon show was a travesty.

It certainly doesn't fill me with hope that Michael Bay may be involved with the upcoming Turtles live action movie.

Another one to add to the list, apparently Highlander is also getting a reboot. That may be more from your teenage years than your childhood, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
ozoneocean at 9:39PM, Sept. 1, 2010
(online)
isukun
Another one to add to the list, apparently Highlander is also getting a reboot. That may be more from your teenage years than your childhood, though.
Meh.
That one was already raped over and over by the crappy sequels and two TV series that completely re-invented the mythology.
Yet another crappy adaptation can't do any more harm to the dead franchise.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
mlai at 2:15AM, Sept. 2, 2010
(online)
IMO the only good Highlander movie was the first one, and it had no business having sequels in the first place.

However, the 7-seasons(?) TV series was good. Personally, I watched every episode. But the writers weren't imaginative enough (I've read many fanfics that were more creative and interesting), and Duncan got way too “powerful”. That was the problem with the show.

Oh, the anime movie was good. Done in the art style of Ninja Scroll.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
ozoneocean at 8:52AM, Sept. 2, 2010
(online)
mlai
IMO the only good Highlander movie was the first one, and it had no business having sequels in the first place
The first movie was totally contained. The sequels at least tried to extend the idea… but by making the immortals into aliens it ruined the mystical feel.

The TV series invalidated the whole story of the original film… Instead of one or two immortals from every country just happening to survive until the 20thC, we have lots and lots and they all live near each other and they know each other… Whereas in the film that was the exception, and it was tragic because they all knew that they'd have to kill each other. There weren't goodies and baddies, just immortals generally and one really nasty one.

Really though, I got annoyed by the soap opera nature of the relationships…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Plague Doctor at 2:17AM, Sept. 3, 2010
(offline)
Look how CGI violated Little Red Riding Hood:

Why can't they make a CGI human who doesn't look like he has to be put out of it's misery =/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
isukun at 11:21AM, Sept. 3, 2010
(online)
Little Red Riding Hood has had a number of different CG versions. Besides which, it's a fairy tale which has been interpreted and reinterpreted more times than anyone can count. Which version of the character does this ruin for you? It's also getting a live action movie in 2011.
Plague Doctor at 12:33PM, Sept. 3, 2010
(offline)
isukun
Little Red Riding Hood has had a number of different CG versions. Besides which, it's a fairy tale which has been interpreted and reinterpreted more times than anyone can count. Which version of the character does this ruin for you? It's also getting a live action movie in 2011.

This is Hoowinked.It was made few years ago by Blue Yonder Films,after success of Shrek with similar fractured fairytale plot.Granted,they had far,far less budget than Dreamworks or Pixar,and the result was stiffly animated “zombie looking” characters.While I don't hold high opinion on Shrek,the humor and writing was far better then Hoodwinked.
Well look at the pictures.Their empty plastic eyes beg to put them out of misery.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
isukun at 1:13PM, Sept. 4, 2010
(online)
I know what it is, I just don't see Little Red Riding Hood as being one of those things people can destroy with a crappy adaptation. It is one of those stories that has so much history to it, that nobody really grows up with a singular understanding of the tale. Plus, in this particular case you are talking about parody and not adaptation, anyway. Hoodwinked may have been a bad movie, but it doesn't take away from people's appreciation of the original because it is generally not meant as a replacement.
Hawk at 6:53PM, Sept. 4, 2010
(online)
Plague Doctor
Well look at the pictures.Their empty plastic eyes beg to put them out of misery.

Unfortunately, I think we have a sequel coming! It made $50 Million at the box offices, which more than cover its budget of $34.50, so of course those executives think “Sequel!”

But based on everyone getting tire of both CGI and Shrek Fairytail humor, I don't think it'll be received so well the second time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved