Media Megaforum

The Dead Weather
Splash Damage at 2:06PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
This band is composed of:

Vocals- Alison Mosshart, of The Kills
Guitar- Dean Fertita, of Queens of the Stone Age
Bass- Jack Lawrence, of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes
Drums (and the only reason this band is getting any attention)- Jack White, of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs

As my fellow music junkies should know, The Dead Weather is Jack White's 3rd band. He's decided to drum instead of playing guitar like he does in his other bands.

Let me just say that within the first 3 minutes of their debut album, “Horehound”, Jack White outdoes the drummers in both his bands. He is truly a musical genius.

The album itself is pretty well done. Definitely worth multiple listens. My only real gripe is that the singer doesn't sound feminine enough. I like female singers when they sound female. Her vocalizing in sync with Jack White doesn't help because they sound like one voice when they sing together.

If anyone else has listened to this, feel free to comment on it or something here. If you haven't listened to it yet, you probably should.
drunkduck.com/splash_damage
Updating Again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
theprettiestpony at 8:22AM, July 16, 2009
(offline)
yeah i listened to it. i was drawn in by the nice cover art, but the music is pretty typical. new band, same worn-out sound. the song “three birds” has some nice melodies and gives a hint of willingness to explore different sounds, however i think these guys, like jack white, have just perfected the art of doing the same thing over and over again. wouldn't recommend.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
ifelldownthestairs at 3:07PM, July 16, 2009
(online)
I've only heard the single, Hang You from the Heavens… I admit, it's a bit hackneyed and not exactly groundbreaking, but it's still catchy and enjoyable. I actually didn't know the album was out already; I'ze gon' check dat shit out.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
fern at 3:38PM, July 17, 2009
(online)
Not a big fan of Jack White but I love The Kills but won't give this album a listen. 2nd or 3rd bands never seem to work out.

Wings… and the rest.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved