Random Discussion

The Earth is Flat... (say whaa?!)
Wolfer at 1:42AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
@Snark: No they probably believe the earth IS flat. The people will more easily fall victims to a great lie tha I think that if people are really writing 9000 posts on some forum, they do it because they belive in it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
ketenol at 3:41AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
LIZARD_B1TE
Pshaw. We all know the earth is flat. And it sits on top of 4 elephants who stand on top of a turtle who flies through space! Duh!

I was going to say that, curse you!
THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
marine at 3:51AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
I've always thought the world was flat. No ones been able to prove otherwise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Tantz Aerine at 6:20AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Actually, if it is flat, how thick is it and what's on the side underneath the surface?

Except for the elephants. Heheh.

However, just to say something on the scoffing of creationists- disregarding scientific fact and the senses given to you by God (or nature, call it what you like) is wrong and ridiculous. But faith and belief is not in the field/area of hard fact, so you can't herd off believers of a faith together with a bunch of deaf and blind retards.

My opinion, of course. ;) heheeh.

I still want to know what's underneath the earth- and it's not an octagon. It's a hexagon, to be packed neatly in space.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
Tantz Aerine at 6:24AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Wolfer
I think that if people are really writing 9000 posts on some forum, they do it because they belive in it.

…or because it's the only way they think they can attract attention.

Emotional at 7:01AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
You see here is the problem with the earth is flat Idea… if it is flat then it would most likely be vertical or whatever (cause there really isn't a direction in space…

that being the case then its possible that on the otherside is a world or flatspace, like ours, so… with that theory in mind, what would be on the otherside? and have they figured out the earth is flat? or do they think it is round aswell?

(the argument is stupid on so many levels, but its fun to think about.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Neilsama at 7:12AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Tantz Aerine
However, just to say something on the scoffing of creationists- disregarding scientific fact and the senses given to you by God (or nature, call it what you like) is wrong and ridiculous. But faith and belief is not in the field/area of hard fact, so you can't herd off believers of a faith together with a bunch of deaf and blind retards.
That's interesting. I take it you've never encountered a reformed apologist.

What a reformed apologist would tell you is that while God gave man his senses and intellectual faculties through divine revelation, God's infinite power is also part of this revelation. Thus, there's no litmus test for absurdity. Could God make a flat earth if he wanted to? Sure he could. Could God construct a universe that made it only SEEM as though the world was round when it was in fact flat? You betcha. And that's basically how they think.

Like I said, they're magical thinkers, and that pretty much trumps any appeal to logic and reason that you can throw at them. They only thing you can do is shake your head, walk away, and thank the stars that they're a distinct minority.

Personally, I don't have any problem at all lumping flat-earthers in with creationists. Like I said, it's basically the same, except for the degree to which religious texts are taken literally. Basically, the only difference between a creationist and a flat-earther is that a creationist doesn't have the courage to demand that Genesis 1 be taken literally.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Wolfer at 8:00AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
Both groups are just a bunch of narrow minded fools to me. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who are religious even though I'm an atheist, but if those people try to force their own views on other people an totally diregard other people's opinion I think that's just hella rude and narrow minded.
Phantom Penguin at 9:21AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
In the few threads i've read on that forum it seems like they are all just messing around.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
mechanical_lullaby at 10:25AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
I don't know… but I think it looks like a farce site to me. People who are taking offense to it are taking it way too seriously.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Neilsama at 10:44AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
The organization is definitely real. Whether or not the people on the forums are serious or just trolls having fun is another matter. But I can assure you that the Flat Earth Society is quiet serious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Ian Jay at 11:24AM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
You all are absolutely right. We simply mustn't allow these pathetic excuses for human beings to go on living with their shameful, deviant ideas, letting their un-truth infiltrate our correct and orderly society like a lethal cancer. Why, it sickens me to even think about it.

…Yes, this belief may have almost no impact whatsoever on theirs' or others' lives in general, and yes, they may be only a small camp on the very edge of pseudoscience, but why take the risk? Let their eyes and tongues be gouged out with fondue forks. Utopia shall be built upon science and rationalism, and there will be no room for any dangerously whimsical thoughts such as these.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
AQua_ng at 11:25AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Flat Earth = Living on a frisbee.

I could get used to that.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
Zac at 11:32AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Ian Jay
You all are absolutely right. We simply mustn't allow these pathetic excuses for human beings to go on living with their shameful, deviant ideas, letting their un-truth infiltrate our correct and orderly society like a lethal cancer. Why, it sickens me to even think about it.

…Yes, this belief may have almost no impact whatsoever on theirs' or others' lives in general, and yes, they may be only a small camp on the very edge of pseudoscience, but why take the risk? Let their eyes and tongues be gouged out with fondue forks. Utopia shall be built upon science and rationalism, and there will be no room for any dangerously whimsical thoughts such as these.

Rest assured Ian Jay. When you take up arms against the Flat Earth Society, YOU DO SO AGAINST me too! It will be an epic battle, but I doubt you round earthers can understand such a complicated concept as “GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED”.

The earth is flat, and shall remain so until further notice.

Stupid RE'ers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
Locoma at 11:35AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
so with a good telescope I can see the entire world
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Tantz Aerine at 11:38AM, May 11, 2007
(online)
Neilsama
I take it you've never encountered a reformed apologist.

What a reformed apologist would tell you is that while God gave man his senses and intellectual faculties through divine revelation, God's infinite power is also part of this revelation. Thus, there's no litmus test for absurdity. Could God make a flat earth if he wanted to? Sure he could. Could God construct a universe that made it only SEEM as though the world was round when it was in fact flat? You betcha. And that's basically how they think.

Like I said, they're magical thinkers, and that pretty much trumps any appeal to logic and reason that you can throw at them.

Wow. No, I can't say I have ever met one such person, though I have met my share of narrow minded thinkers. To be honest, I wish I never do!

However such a person is not sincere in being of a ‘faith’ (any faith- though this is probably for another thread). Rational rules and boundaries are fitted to man's senses, obeying the rules of their sensations when examined scientifically- magical thinking is not anything but an excuse to get away with whatever you like, basically making you always the one on top, and I agree with your contempt for those. Meh.

Wolfer at 3:16PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
Ian Jay

Snipers on the roof? Good. Bomb set? Excellent. In starting posistions. This is gonna get bloody.
Kota at 6:43AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
The fools. The complete fools! The Earth is ROUND! It's also hollow and there are Nazis living inside it. EVERYONE knows that! And they're all teamed with the lizard people.
Kota Otan
http://www.drunkduck.com/Mailbox_Rocketship/
and
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Errant_Apprentice/
-
“If Jeff Bridges is stupid enough to do this, I'M stupid enough to do this!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Terminal at 6:59AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
Kota
The fools. The complete fools! The Earth is ROUND! It's also hollow and there are Nazis living inside it. EVERYONE knows that! And they're all teamed with the lizard people.

Have you seen this site? These fools think that the earth has inner layers, which consist of the mantle and a core made out of things like iron, magnesium, and calcium instead of being hollow and filled with Nazis.

What idiots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
ozoneocean at 7:09AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
Damn flat and round eathers!
I'll be peeing down on you ALL from high up in my world tree. :P

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Kota at 7:47PM, May 12, 2007
(online)
Terminal
Have you seen this site? These fools think that the earth has inner layers, which consist of the mantle and a core made out of things like iron, magnesium, and calcium instead of being hollow and filled with Nazis.

What idiots.

Madness! If there's one thing I know is that the Nazi's went to the giant hole in the crust of the earth and are secretly cloning an army of Hilters and have, like, all the gold in the world.
It's worth pointing out right now that I don't actually believe any of this stuff. I've just got books and books of paranormal stuff and crackpot theories. Also, someone should start a thread about that.
Seriously though, you're never going to talk sense to a flat-earther. It's like trying to “argue” religion. No one wins in the end.
Kota Otan
and
-
deletedbyrequest03 at 9:47PM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
How can people think the earth is flat?! I mean, people have gone into space, looked down at the earth, and saw that it was A SPHERE. How can you get any more straight forward than that?!

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Alexis at 11:56PM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
I've heard of the flat earth society. I always wonder how many people truley believe that and how many people are pulling our legs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Hijuda at 6:54AM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
DancingChaos
How can people think the earth is flat?! I mean, people have gone into space, looked down at the earth, and saw that it was A SPHERE. How can you get any more straight forward than that?!

CONSPIRACY.

If that doesn't work:

JESUS.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
HybridLemonade at 8:16AM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
Hey..
hey..
guys..
the earth doesn't exist remember?

Did you guys learn ANYTHING from the matrix trilogy?

Gawd
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Phantom Penguin at 8:24AM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
Damn flat and round eathers!
I'll be peeing down on you ALL from high up in my world tree. :P
This world tree you speak of. How big is it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
AQua_ng at 8:27AM, May 13, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
This world tree you speak of. How big is it?

Big enough.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
silentkitty at 9:00AM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
Kota
Terminal

What idiots.

Madness! If there's one thing I know is that the Nazi's went to the giant hole in the crust of the earth and are secretly cloning an army of Hilters and have, like, all the gold in the world.
It's worth pointing out right now that I don't actually believe any of this stuff. I've just got books and books of paranormal stuff and crackpot theories. Also, someone should start a thread about that.
Seriously though, you're never going to talk sense to a flat-earther. It's like trying to “argue” religion. No one wins in the end.

But what about the Reptiloids? They're living underground too! They must be in league with the Nazis and the aliens who are secretly running the government from their base in Dulce.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Kota at 12:57PM, May 13, 2007
(online)
silentkitty
But what about the Reptiloids? They're living underground too! They must be in league with the Nazis and the aliens who are secretly running the government from their base in Dulce.
Nope. They're controlling the world disguised as our leaders. The head of their world government is none other than BOX CAR WILLIE! Man, David Icke is a nut-job!

Seriously though and to be on topic, I like entertaining the ideas these people present, but the time for those kinds of theories passed. No where on our maps does it say “Here there be dragons!” any more and I think that says it all. Clinging to an outdated concept like the flat earth is on the line of madness. I just don't know which side of the line it's really on.
Kota Otan
and
-
josif at 2:12PM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
I dont beleive them and I hate to say it…
But most of their theory makes perfect sense…
Your Reading Skills Have Increased By Two Points.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved