Random Discussion

the enemy religion trying to convert with toys
subcultured at 3:18PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
i like the scary music they played on some parts

scary..
“Pastor David Grice shows off one of satan's favorite dolls during his sermons on Sunday November 16, 2008 at Lighthouse Baptist Church in Grand Prairie, Texas.”

Someone
This is Joseph, webmaster for TexasLighthouse, and member of this preacher's church. I've gotten many attempted negative comments, all saying the same things, so I will respond to them collectively…

About those calling Pastor Grice a “racist” for his comment about the chinese girl with a blonde wig: He pointed that out spontaneously when he saw it, and the point was that it is an indication of their dishonesty and petty marketing tactics. He later told me “I just don't understand why they didn't use the chinese girl's real hair, or just use a real blonde headed girl. I just thought it was odd to try to market it that way.”

About those muslims advocating islam: We are not against the PEOPLE who happen to be muslim, we are against the false religion of islam. We are not against islam because we “hate muslims”, we're against islam because we LOVE muslims and don't want them to go to hell.

About those people saying we're “paranoid”, and those “Christians” saying Pastor Grice is “wasting time” preaching about this “unimportant” thing: It was LESS THAN 10 MINUTES of ONE DAY, and if you don't think a deliberate attempt to brainwash our children is worth hearing about, you're an IDIOT. 2 Corinthians 2 “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.”

1 Peter 5:8 “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” If more preachers would warn their people of such evils, we wouldn't have so many apathetic Christians with no discernment. Psalms 97:10 “Ye that love the LORD, hate evil…”

and now the hating and paranoia starts:

-These lousy companies will do anything to sell their junk and make a buck. I'm wondering what muslims paid this lousy toy company to put that crap in their dolls.

-Islam is not the light, and these dolls need to be all burned and destroyed.

-I for one am so outraged by this doll. How dare those Islamic fanatacs try to force their way into our very homes and even our children's bedrooms! I bought this doll for my niece and was completely outraged when she asked me “Uncle Pete, what's Islam?” UNBELIEVABLE. I think it's time for a new Crusade to end this Islamic invasion of our Blessed United States of America once and for all!

-Just goes to show how islamic religion hates christians. However, christians have been lazy and finally, need to educate themselves and children about the attack on our heritage and christian roots.

-Wow and Thanks for sharing! :)
Islam KILLS and that is NIGHT DARKNESS!

-Thats creepy as hell! Its not hard to believe that Satan is alive and well!

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Inkmonkey at 3:53PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(offline)
I find it interesting how the the news group treats it as though the doll and game (which obviously are just using some freeware generic baby sounds) were saying something offensive. Like they had found a curse word or something. Personally, the first three times I heard the sound bite I didn't think it sounded like “Islam is the Light” so much as just an average gurgled sound that babies make. It was only after they repeatedly referred to that gurgled sequence as “Islam is the Light” that I was able to percieve it that way.

This is pretty much the same as those people who thought Rock n' Roll was giving satanic messages to our kids because they think that's what it sounds like when you're playing it backwards. Anyone who thinks that members of the Islamic faith are deliberately trying to hide this extremely innocent phrase in their children's games and dolls really needs to reevaluate their priorities in life.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
crocty at 5:16PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/dolltalk.asp
Snopes answers all, as usual. :3
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Warpedwenger at 5:35PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
I think the doll makes a persuasive argument.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
ozoneocean at 7:39PM, Jan. 28, 2009
(online)
Logic and learning would have told the Christian fanatic that he was wrong. The man's trouble, and the people that complained, was that they are stupid :)

They might not like Islam but it's the same as Christianity to all intents and purposes- regarding the idiot things they made up about the doll speaking:
-In Islam they have the same heaven and hell myth- heaven is good and they want to go there, hell is bad and they don't want to go there.
-They have Satan in their religion too and hate him just as much as Christians.
-Light represents good for them and dark is bad.

All the same! :)
It's only idiots like the Christian fanatics that make up those twisted versions, so you can tell it's fake that way. And if any dolls ever DID say that, it would be because they were PRO-Christian and anti-Muslim.

Simple logic and knowledge goes a very long way.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
FinleySharpe at 10:39AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(offline)
I agree with ozone. Islam is not a bad thing. Muslims have done just as many bad things as Christians have.

Think about it this way: Would people have been nearly upset if the baby said “Jesus is my lord and savior”?

If the baby could manage to gurgle that out, obviously.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Product Placement at 10:45AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
crocty
Snopes answers all, as usual. :3

I read that article and I'm inclined to agree. I'm sure that this is just a unfortunate coincidence of sounds that accidentally forms the said sentence. However, whoever monitors the development of those toys should have noticed that one of the soundbites selected for this doll sounds uncannily like Islam is something some. I hear it as clear as day. Such a small oversight can cause a whole lot of problems for your company.

Snopes
As to why we misperceive sounds that are nonsensical or words uttered in foreign languages, we humans are pattern-seeking critters. Because we're not geared to handle blasts of random input on the basis of what they are, we instinctively shoehorn the chaos we encounter into forms that are familiar to us. That leads us to see rabbits and sailing ships in clouds and hear supernatural whisperings in the sounds made by waterfalls and strong winds. It also leads to our picking up disquieting or even frightening messages from audio files embedded into children's toys and played through tinny speakers. Haphazard babblings are “heard” as strings of actual words, and sentences spoken in other tongues are “heard” as phonetic approximations in our own.

This reminds me of the argument around electronic voice phenomenon (EVP) where people argue that dead speak with us through static and that special electronic recorders can pick up their voices. Whenever these recordings are played out, most of the time you here nothing but static but occasionally, whenever the static garbles, it sounds like someone's saying something. Most argue that it's wishful thinking and that EVP enthusiasts are only hearing things that they want to hear.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Inkmonkey at 11:04AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
whoever monitors the development of those toys should have noticed that one of the soundbites selected for this doll sounds uncannily like Islam is something some. I hear it as clear as day. Such a small oversight can cause a whole lot of problems for your company.

How? Odds are you only hear that phrase so clearly because you've been told that's what it sounds like, so you were looking for the phrase. The snopes article mentions that the phrase isn't distinguished at all by people who are unaware of the phenomenon. You're just as likely to get “Igloo Fin Delight” from the random sequence of baby sounds. Anyone working in the production line who heard that, thought it was saying something religiously motivated, would likely be told he was being stupid and paranoid.
Product Placement at 11:29AM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
I know that I'm “tainted” since these news articles told me what to look for, but I honestly think that this sounds to uncanny not to notice. I say that the designers of the doll simply asked for few random gurgle sound bites, didn't check them out and pushed it to production. Obviously someone made the distinction once these dolls started circulating.

I listened to the soundbite at the Snopes article and It's very hard to not hear something like “Islam/Itlam is the/da light/life/delight”
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
subcultured at 3:18PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
if you look at the pastor video one person actually started to clap. then the pastor said the doll was evil
J
ozoneocean at 3:59PM, Jan. 29, 2009
(online)
subcultured
if you look at the pastor video one person actually started to clap. then the pastor said the doll was evil
I think the “pastor” is evil and should be investigated by the church. AND the police…

He's got quite an interest in little children's dolls, hasn't he? I say he's a paedophile.

Inkmonkey at 8:17AM, Jan. 30, 2009
(offline)
Hey, so, the game programmer (who the news group neglected to contact, since they seemed to assume that Nintendo makes every game that comes out on their system) has responded to legitimate news sources contacting them. Turns out I was right: they just bought some generic baby sounds to put in their game. Specifically, actual sounds made by a 5 month old baby. So unless the baby itself was trying to sneak in his/her beliefs on the American public, I think this is just a case of misguided paranoia combined with a cheap speaker.
subcultured at 5:57PM, Jan. 30, 2009
(online)
maybe the baby was brainwashed to say those things by islam fanatics bent on creating a holy war to end all holy wars! the nazi reptile aliens molded the baby with supercuteness. but the evil communists pigs failed at disguising a chinese girl in a blond wig. the evil trinity has failed. this time.
J
Hakoshen at 9:46PM, Jan. 30, 2009
(offline)
Regardless if it says “Islam is the light” or if it says “Is mom in the right?” or if it said in clear 5.1 dolby digital surround sound “hail Satan”, I honestly don't believe a little girl is going to be converted from Christianity or any other religion by a doll or game she's going to get tired of in ten days either way.

I mean, children learn by having behaviors or values reinforced, and that includes religion. So if the parents keep reinforcing the beliefs of their own religion throughout the child's youth, I doubt this would be more than a drop in the bucket as far as the child's growth. How many little kids do you know who even know what Islam means or what it stands for? Do you think they have the attention span to go google it, find a local Iman and convert? Hardly. Children don't emulate absolutely everything they see or hear, even if it's clear as day. I mean, I haven't seen any children who after playing Warhammer run around screaming “more blood for the blood god!!!” Wait a sec… yes I have.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
bravo1102 at 6:50AM, Feb. 4, 2009
(online)
1. It's akin to EVP as stated. It is only when you are told what to listen for that you hear it. “I buried Paul”?
2. I can imagine an 8 year old hearing that. Let's look into the nursery shall we?

“Islam is the light.”
“Mommy what is Islam?”
“An evil religion that believes in blowing themselves up and killing innocents.”

or “They flew planes into the World Trade Center in NYC and killed thousands.”

or “They kill Israelis and are fighting against Uncle Teddy in Iraq.”

and the least likely:
“They are one fifth of the population of the planet, the fastest growing religion and believe that there is no other god but Al'lah and Mohammed is his prophet, stand by the Pillars of Islam and their holy book the Quran as the wisdom of Al'lah as revealed to the Prophet Mohammed.”

I agree with Harkoshen about the likelihood that the kid will run off to the Mosque yelling Al'lah Akbar at the top of his/her lungs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Kiruru at 4:02PM, Feb. 4, 2009
(online)
Ok all I gotta say about this is

failing News and Christian extremists are failing

now if the damn thing would have said “Jesus is the savor” no one would care,

but since it said “Islam is the light” everybody s$^%s a big patriot brick

yup, this worlds declining, this is just another sign
You say tomato, I say stfu no one says that!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
nevetsforever at 2:45PM, Feb. 6, 2009
(offline)
Kiruru
Ok all I gotta say about this is

failing News and Christian extremists are failing

now if the damn thing would have said “Jesus is the savor” no one would care,

but since it said “Islam is the light” everybody s$^%s a big patriot brick

yup, this worlds declining, this is just another sign

All everyone ever thinks is “this worlds declining.”

That's not true at all. This world is waaaaaaay more tolerant and better than before. Guess what: People would care if it said “Jesus is the savior.”

http://www.kirotv.com/news/18172046/detail.html
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Orin J Master at 7:48PM, Feb. 8, 2009
(online)
could someone shine their islam into my fridge, the bulb burnt out and and i heard that thing gives off some pretty good light.

this is more a case of “people being confortational and looking for something to rally against” more than anything else. it's happened whenever there was widespread conflict in an area, which is to say throughout human history.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
bravo1102 at 8:03AM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
nevetsforever
That's not true at all. This world is waaaaaaay more tolerant and better than before. Guess what: People would care if it said “Jesus is the savior.”

http://www.kirotv.com/news/18172046/detail.html

Yes, but then if it was labeled a “religious” toy no one would mind. There are the Bible Action figures that we atheists don't mind including the talking Jesus and Moses figures. But the religionists are bothered by all kinds of secular toys.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
DAJB at 6:28AM, Feb. 10, 2009
(online)
nevetsforever
I agree. No one wants to buy a toy for a kid only to find it's peddling secret messages (of any kind) they didn't know about.
bravo1102
Yes, but then if it was labeled a “religious” toy no one would mind.
Agreed (although the number of sales would probably plummet!) As long as it's clear from the packaging that the doll will be singing the praises of Jesus or Mohammed or anyone else, we all have the choice to buy or not to buy.

In this case it seems fairly clear the doll is simply gurgling and what we have is a bigoted Christian evangelist trying to stir up a little paranoia. My favourite part of his rant is this one:
Pastor Grice
We are not against the PEOPLE who happen to be muslim, we are against the false religion of islam. We are not against islam because we “hate muslims”, we're against islam because we LOVE muslims and don't want them to go to hell.
He says that as if it's a logical position to hold and yet, if you reverse the references to Muslims and Christians (as a Muslim well might), I'm sure he'd be the first to find it deeply offensive.

Our one consolation is that, if there is a God of any description up there somewhere, I'm pretty sure he's got very little time for agitators like Pastor Grice, so at least we won't have to worry about spending eternity with him!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ozoneocean at 9:28AM, Feb. 10, 2009
(online)
DAJB
Our one consolation is that, if there is a God of any description up there somewhere, I'm pretty sure he's got very little time for agitators like Pastor Grice, so at least we won't have to worry about spending eternity with him!
And if heaven was filled with people like him, no one else would want to go.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved