Random Discussion

The Fart Tax
kyupol at 2:47PM, Feb. 25, 2009
(online)
NO KIDDING!!!

Farmers in Denmark could end up being taxed for the greenhouse gas emissions produced by their cows and pigs following new proposals from the country’s tax authorities.

———

We need this:
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lba at 4:36PM, Feb. 25, 2009
(online)
Well, it does kind of end up making sense. Cows put out massive amounts of methane from their farts and the decomposition of their waste. Although, this sounds like it might lead to the vegan/peta argument of “we need to get rid of eating cows so the dairy industry will collapse and they'll stop putting methane in our air!” becoming a legitimate speaking point.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
machinehead at 6:21PM, Feb. 25, 2009
(online)
Are we really sure its the “cows and pigs”? I have a dog and I blame him for all my farts. Maybe people in Denmark are just nasty as hell. I'm just saying.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Polkster at 3:53AM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
I fart too much :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Product Placement at 4:33AM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
machinehead
Are we really sure its the “cows and pigs”? I have a dog and I blame him for all my farts. Maybe people in Denmark are just nasty as hell. I'm just saying.

Well… I'm pretty sure it's the cows. An average cow produces a staggering 600 liters (around 160 gallons) of methane, just methane, each day. Compared to humans who only pass about 1/2 a liter of gas(about 1/8th of gallon) and not all of that is methane.

A pig doesn't produce that much gas. But their manure creates allot of it as it decomposes and bacteria starts to break it down. However that gives us an opportunity to collect it and use it as a fuel. After all, burning methane is more ego friendly then burning gasoline.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
ozoneocean at 5:20AM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
machinehead
Well… I'm pretty sure it's the cows. An average cow produces a staggering 600 liters (around 160 gallons) of methane, just methane, each day. Compared to humans who only pass about 1/2 a liter of gas(about 1/8th of gallon) and not all of that is methane.
That's just what the scientists and those stinky Vikings want you to think…

"Pewww! Sorry about that Bjorn Bjornson, it was my stinky cow again… you know how they can be: 600 litres a day! I'm telling you! I myself only produce a mere 1.5 litres however, clearly I am no where near as whiffy as my smelly cows.“

”Yes Lars, so you're always telling me… But where are your cows now? We are alone in my car together! In fact, not once when you've told me that story have your cows been anywhere near us. Hmmm…“

”Ah, but Bjorn, that proves my point exactly! The fart cloud is just that massive!"

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Product Placement at 12:14PM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
Oh yeah. What was I thinking? Defending Danes.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Walrus at 4:41PM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
If they put this tax on my dad, we'd be broke. But that's not fair to the farmers! It's not their fault their animals have to fart. They can't go up to a cow and say, “Hey bitch, you better stop lettin' one loose or your ass is mine.” Stupid goverment.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
ozoneocean at 5:53PM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Oh yeah. What was I thinking? Defending Danes.
Exactly! If they could get away with it they'd be blaming it on you!
The crafty buggers have already convinced us that Vikings actually didn't wear horns on their helmets… Nooooo, that was just a bunch of marauding flatulent mad cows, Vikings would never commit a fashion faux-pas like that! …or fart.

kyupol at 6:20PM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
Walrus
Stupid goverment.

You're with AL QUAEDA are you…

Its for the environment. Its called the LOVE THE EARTH TAX!!! Because the government loves you and is not corrupt and is not evil!!! And everyone who says the government is corrupt and evil is with Al Quaeda and is a terrorist!!!

lol!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Product Placement at 12:34AM, Feb. 27, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
If they could get away with it they'd be blaming it on you!

They probably did at some point.

Oh… and Vikings didn't wear horns. That's just silly.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 8:42AM, Feb. 27, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Oh… and Vikings didn't wear horns. That's just silly.
That's right.

Damn flatulent cows just raided my monnestary again BTW. :(

Inkmonkey at 6:44AM, Feb. 28, 2009
(offline)
kyupol
You're with AL QUAEDA are you…

Its for the environment. Its called the LOVE THE EARTH TAX!!! Because the government loves you and is not corrupt and is not evil!!! And everyone who says the government is corrupt and evil is with Al Quaeda and is a terrorist!!!

Why do you embarass yourself with this ranting on every single thread you participate in?

Ahem, well, I think it's perfectly reasonable to hold people accountable for any excess in pollution they provide, but in this case it's a bit hard to say. These farmers are providing an important service that the rest of society needs them to do in order to function properly. This isn't as simple as some douche-bag buying pollution-spewing hummerto pick up chicks; it's the dudes providing the rest of us with hamburgers and milk. Is there a way to decrease emissions from animals? I remember seeing an episode of Dirty Jobs where they recycled animal waste for things like fertilizer and making pottery. Not sure if that actually helps slow pollution down, but it couldn't hurt to make the most of what you've got, I suppose.

I dunno, I just feel like maybe the government should be footing the bill on this one, since they rely on these guys as much as any of us.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
lba at 9:04AM, Feb. 28, 2009
(online)
Inkmonkey
Is there a way to decrease emissions from animals? I remember seeing an episode of Dirty Jobs where they recycled animal waste for things like fertilizer and making pottery. Not sure if that actually helps slow pollution down, but it couldn't hurt to make the most of what you've got, I suppose.

I dunno, I just feel like maybe the government should be footing the bill on this one, since they rely on these guys as much as any of us.

Maybe if you made the barns airtight and put a filter at the top of the barn. But then you'd end up with a bunch of cows who gassed themselves. It would probably take a bit of effort to come up with a solution to that one other than “get everyone to go vegan or drink goat milk”. The pottery thing is a good start though. It makes a big impact since they're not using paper for the pots. It's just that the waste itself isn't all that much of a problem. Most animal waste gets recycled anyway since it gets put on the feed fields as manure for next winters silage.

And even if kyupol's little outburst there was a sarcastic joke as it appears, I agree. Gotta tone down the crazy rantings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Product Placement at 5:47PM, Feb. 28, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Damn flatulent cows just raided my monnestary again BTW. :(

Gesundheit.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
LoveandGuns at 5:09PM, March 1, 2009
(offline)
….

Welp.

Maybe people will start being taxed for farting. Of course it'll only be males being taxed, because everyone knows; girls don't fart. :D

K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:37PM, March 1, 2009
(online)
kyupol

See that face? That's the face of a man who, when asked in elementary school what he wanted to do when he grew up, never could have anticipated the reality of his future would be “that guy modeling the fart-o-meter costume.”

Oh, for all dreams…memento mori! -sigh-

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved