Media Megaforum

the great myspace exchange
PIT_FACE at 11:07PM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
the tape exchanges were ig in the 80's. it's how you could get yer friends into the same shit you were into. now we dont have that anymore. but what we do have is myspace. it's a completely free music database, and im sure a lot of you have had the itch that i've had to post bands that you hope other people hear and like. so here's a place to do it. if you have music you think sohuld be spread around more then it is, post a few links here from myspace or youtube or whatever and flaunt it.

here's a few to set ya off:

The Plasmatics-The Damned
Wendy did all thse stunts herself if i recall right. the most thrillin ametuer video you'll ever see. this shit's real.

wendy's my fuckin hero.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 11:55PM, Dec. 31, 2008
(online)
CYCLE SLUTS FROM HELL-BY THE BALLS

LET'S SEE IF YOU'VE GOT ANY B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BALLS!
PIT_FACE at 1:20AM, Jan. 1, 2009
(online)
SIMON DINNIGAN-CONSTELLATIONS

lba at 11:37AM, Jan. 1, 2009
(online)
I've mentioned them before but,Sleep Tight Tiger is some amazing Detroit post-hardcore prog rock.

And Ill Scarlett is an awesome blend of just about every new age genre you can think of.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
ozoneocean at 8:22AM, Jan. 2, 2009
(online)
PIT_FACE
The Plasmatics-The Damned
Wendy looks fantastuc and I love her singing. The guys in her band look like tools compared to her awesomeness though… Just driving in those elbow pads is dangerous enough without doing anything else o_O
PIT_FACE
CYCLE SLUTS FROM HELL-BY THE BALLS
Great look, great performance, great name. The singing style reminds me a bit of L7.
PIT_FACE
SIMON DINNIGAN-CONSTELLATIONS
Very beautiful playing!
lba
Sleep Tight Tiger and Ill Scarlett
Ok, listened to a Sleep Tight Tiger song on Youtube- very quiet and restful. Hope that's the same group!
And listed to a few by Lill Scarlet. Sounds very pop reggae, reminds me of early Blonde/Talking Heads in a way because that's how they started. It's infectious. :)
————————-

Here are mine:

I've loved Peaches for years, (I dooo like a shouty-gal who likes to get dirty), her and Iggy Pop together are perfectly matched :)
-Peachs and Iggy Pop- Kick it.

I find their music beuatiful
The Ditty Bops- Short Stacks

And unfortunately there's no Youtube for this… I like the rockiness here.
-Absinthe Junk- My Piece of Junk
http://www.reverbnation.com/absinthejunk

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
lba at 12:17PM, Jan. 2, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Ok, listened to a Sleep Tight Tiger song on Youtube- very quiet and restful. Hope that's the same group!
And listed to a few by ill Scarlet. Sounds very pop reggae, reminds me of early Blonde/Talking Heads in a way because that's how they started. It's infectious. :)
————————-

Not quite, but I'm digging the band that did that song on there myself. Very similar to explosions in the Sky and God Speed You Black Emperor. Here's the band Sleep Tight Tiger's purevolume if you can't use myspace: http://www.purevolume.com/sleeptighttiger

I like Juno's band a lot myself and the Peaches song makes me want to dig a little deeper into the music if I can find more.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved