Media Megaforum

The Greatest Cartoon Movie Ever
PIT_FACE at 7:38PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
for those of you who dont know anyways…
this is the greatest cartoon movie ever made. discuss and debate if you will, i am purely here to enlighten. there's a few parts of this movie missing though. I'm sorry. N'JOY!

missing part 7.

last part is missing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
isukun at 8:14PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
I'm surprised people are still getting away with this crap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
PIT_FACE at 8:16PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
yeah? what crap is that?lay it on me.
isukun at 8:37PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
Actually two things. One is posting pirated movies on youtube, and the other is reposting them in a corporate managed public forum.
PIT_FACE at 8:47PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
allright. thanks for not being vague!
i guess it probably wasnt a great idea and I'm sure the mods'll get rid of it pretty quick. just dug up an old movie i loved when i was a kid and wanted to share it with people on here . a movie that's about 20 years old and isnt even complete. but if you wanna let it put a bug up yer butt. that's fine. just next time you dont like something i do, tell me right out.
skoolmunkee at 1:54AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
Isukun, I've noticed you kind of like to backseat mod. That's what we have mods for. :]

We don't really care if you repost youtube stuff here, if youtube's ok to host it we're not going to go starting copyright fights. If people want to link youtube stuff though, we do kind of like there to be more to the post than “I think this is great” :]
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
PIT_FACE at 8:03AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
allright Skool.thanks,i'll keep that in mind.
Jonko at 8:05AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
So Transformers is an American cartoon right? Someone once told me it was an anime… I didn't believe them. Just want to confirm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
PIT_FACE at 8:16AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
Jonko
So Transformers is an American cartoon right? Someone once told me it was an anime… I didn't believe them. Just want to confirm.

ya know, i never looked into it. i heard before it was japanese/american, but i could be off. looks like it has some anime influence though.
Custard Trout at 8:48AM, May 1, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
Jonko

ya know, i never looked into it. i heard before it was japanese/american, but i could be off. looks like it has some anime influence though.

The toyline was created by Hasbro, and they're an American company.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
PIT_FACE at 9:05AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
aw yes, that's right. i get ya now.
isukun at 10:54AM, May 1, 2009
(online)
We don't really care if you repost youtube stuff here, if youtube's ok to host it we're not going to go starting copyright fights.

Except that youtube really isn't ok with this sort of thing being posted. They can't really filter through every posted video on the site, however, and their reporting system requires someone involved with the making of the video to actually say they don't want the videos posted. Since popular things like movies get posted a bazillion times, creators really can't keep tabs on it. It IS still video piracy, though, and youtube has gotten in trouble for it in the past (hence the reporting system). And I know I've said this before on here, but most of your commercial forums have rules against linking to pirated materials because the company that hosts the forums can be held liable for the content that is posted there.

Plus this kind of thing tends to bother me, especially since my paychecks are now dependent on this industry.

That's not entirely off. While the toys were released in the US by Hasbro, they were repackaged versions of Japanese toys early on (specifically the Diaclone and Microman toys from Takara as well as the Macross transformable VF-1 which was released as Skyfire). Also, the original show and the movie were animated in Japan, but written and story boarded in the US.
Kristen Gudsnuk at 1:17AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
The Lion King

is the best ever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Hawk at 8:51AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
The Lion King

is the best ever.

You know, that's actually my favorite too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
lefarce at 9:22AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Call me crazy but I dont think the demand for the classic Transformers cartoon is even enough for it's parent company to give a rat's ass.

Also to contribute I have to agree that Lion King may very well be as good as it gets. In fact old Disney was just awesome in general.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
ozoneocean at 10:11AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
I preferred it when he was still Kimba. -_-

Loved the movie… Except for that crap with the newer transformers being the main characters and Optimus Prime taking a back seat.

But Megatron was better after he was resurrected (hahaha, Megatron was the antichrist!). The idea of a gigantic handgun that shoots people by hovering in the hair was stupid. And shooting people with a scope on his arm was just as dumb. I'm glad he died and turned into Galvatron (?) instead.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Jonko at 8:38PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Hawk
Kristen Gudsnuk
The Lion King

is the best ever.

You know, that's actually my favorite too.

Aladdin beats the Lion King any day. Love the genie!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
isukun at 9:47PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Call me crazy but I dont think the demand for the classic Transformers cartoon is even enough for it's parent company to give a rat's ass.

Recent re-releases of both the movie and the TV series, the amount of money that went into the extras and the remastering, as well as interviews with the production crew would all suggest that they do, in fact, give a rat's ass. Besides, any product that suffers from rampant piracy like this movie, obviously has demand.

As for the other topic at hand, I still have a lot more respect for classic Disney films (i.e. when Walt was still calling the shots). Since then, the studio has gotten increasingly corporate and formulaic. Despite having a decent script, the Lion King was not an exception to this rule and many of the animators who worked on it would likely agree with me (at least those that I know do). Classic Disney was more experimental and fresh. Much more went into each shot and it shows in many of those classic films. Classic Disney also didn't focus so much on the cast and the celebrity composers. The goal was to make a good movie with solid animation that could be enjoyed by as many people as possible. Walt's primary goal wasn't to make money, but to see his particular visions come to life, he just happened to be very good at managing his money so that his dream could become reality. Early Don Bluth work was the same sort of thing until he got too dependent on outside investors.

Unfortunately, everything since the late 80's just seems to have gotten increasingly mechanical and pop culture influenced. Modern animation just lacks any of the artistry that went into classic films.

It's hard for me to say which film I would consider the best ever made. Different films excel in different areas and there are movies both in the West and the East that really push the envelope both in animation and in writing.
Skullbie at 10:10PM, May 6, 2009
(online)
isukun

im j/k ;]

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
korosu at 6:44PM, May 25, 2009
(online)
I can't really say what the best animated movie is… The Lion King Princess Mononoke are pretty high up there, though. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of my all time personal favorites, but that's just me.

I have to say that The Iron Giant is probably the most underrated animated movie ever, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Lunaris Victoria at 10:01PM, May 25, 2009
(online)
Call me silly, but I have a place in my heart for the first Land Before Time movie.

I could also throw out The Brave Little Toaster or American Tale, or The Secret of NIHM…

Don't get me wrong, Lion King and Aladdin are great, and Transformers is alright…but I feel these four originals are the superior breed. Their sequels…not quite nearly so much. Not by a long shot.
“If I don't say it, don't assume I won't. An open book still needs a reader to turn the page.”
-Me
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
ParkerFarker at 4:37AM, May 26, 2009
(online)
I saw this like a year ago when I had dinner had a family friends house (they had 3 little kids) and I enjoyed it SSSOOOOOOO much. Especially the beginning: “The year TWO THOUSAAAND FIVE”

But there is another cartoon movie which I hear is good. Fantastic Planet; it deals with racial issues, slavery, a whole bunch of other stuff too.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
CharleyHorse at 8:29AM, May 26, 2009
(offline)
Did anyone play any of PIT_FACE's Transformers offerings? Not a criticism there. Just curious. I played the opening segment of the first one and was impressed. But then this sort of visually dramatic presentation is one of the things that first drew American audiences to Japanese styling to begin with.

I wouldn't even dream of trying to determine what was the best animated cartoon ever presented on American soil much less around the world. We've tried variations of this sort of thing on the past regarding other subject matter and invariably it all ends up subjective in nature anyway. We all like what we like and that's not going to change any time soon.

I certainly might consider this one a contender. I certainly liked the transformer cartoon television offerings in the past. Some of them much better than others, I will admit. I did not see the movie and won't be seeing this one.

The thing about Disney products is that as good as the modern stuff is that they have been producing for at least the last twenty years I think it has also all been produced by some sort of entertainment formula. You can very nearly predict what dramatic scene will be followed by a transitional comic scene, followed by a trans-transitional quiet moment scene, followed by another dramatic scene sort of thing. Even the stuff that surprises me in Disney animated productions seem somehow just a matter of course after the fact. I LIKE Disney stuff, don't get me wrong, and I am not saying that the Japanese derivative products are better. They are different, however, and even if they, too, are now all driven by predetermined formula of some sort they are still different enough to remain interesting.

Even if the Transformers animated stuff was produced in America, clearly the storytelling and rendering was distinctly Japanese in styling . . . and I still find that sort of thing interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
the2ndredbaron at 12:03PM, May 26, 2009
(online)
Lunaris Victoria
I could also throw out The Brave Little Toaster

This movie freaks me out and I still don't know why. But anything by Don Bluth is good. But are we defining Cartoon as hand-drawn or the new animated stuff. Cause Wall*e is fantastic as is the Incredibles.
Emperors New Grove was good to.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
lastcall at 6:15PM, May 26, 2009
(offline)
korosu
I have to say that The Iron Giant is probably the most underrated animated movie ever, though.

Agreed. Those guys worked so hard on that movie, and Warner Brothers didn't market that film worth a crap.

I agree with redbaron, Emperor's New Groove was great, both comedy-wise and style-wise. I like Sleeping Beauty for the unique style as well. There will always be a special place in my heart for Titan A.E., simply because I love Don Bluth and his goal of keeping 2D animation alive. And The Prince of Egypt, because it was the first time an animated movie took my breath away. That “parting the red sea” scene was just spectacular.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
TheMidge28 at 8:29PM, May 26, 2009
(online)
You got the touch
You got the power

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

You never bend, you never break
You seem to know just what it takes
You're a fighter

It's in the blood, it's in the will
It's in the mighty hands of steel
When you're standin' your ground

And you never get hit when your back's to the wall
Gonna fight to the end and you're takin' it all

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch

You're fightin' fire with fire
You know you got the touch

You're at your best when when the road gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

You got the touch
You got the power

Greatest Cartoon Movie Ever: Akira.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
NickGuy at 8:52PM, May 26, 2009
(online)

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
korosu at 9:43PM, May 26, 2009
(online)
lastcall
There will always be a special place in my heart for Titan A.E., simply because I love Don Bluth and his goal of keeping 2D animation alive. And The Prince of Egypt, because it was the first time an animated movie took my breath away. That “parting the red sea” scene was just spectacular.
Ahh, good call! I can't believe I forgot to mention The Prince of Egypt. It's such a gorgeous movie, and with a fantastic soundtrack to boot. I rewatched Titan A.E. a little while ago, and I've forgotten how impressive that movie actually is. I think I loved the designs of the spacecrafts, cities, etc. the best. Bluth's movies went downhill very quickly in the ‘90s for some reason, and while Titan A.E. is nothing like the ’80s classics like The Secret of NIMH or An American Tail, it's certainly a LOT better than some of those…other…movies. (While I personally have a soft spot for Anastasia for the sake of nostalgia, it made the mistake of copying the “Disney formula”, so I've lost some respect for it.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
mlai at 4:31AM, May 27, 2009
(online)
The Secret of NIMH is my personal greatest cartoon movie ever. I've watched it so many times… it's like zen.

Because of Paul Shenar (Jenner), I watched Scarface (starring Al Pacino), LOL. Man I think I was too young for that movie LMAO. I remember Paul Shenar scaring the crap out of me when he blew Al Pacino's brains out at the end. He's still a villain but DAMN I was too young for it!

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Lunaris Victoria at 8:13AM, May 27, 2009
(online)
korosu
lastcall
There will always be a special place in my heart for Titan A.E., simply because I love Don Bluth and his goal of keeping 2D animation alive. And The Prince of Egypt, because it was the first time an animated movie took my breath away. That “parting the red sea” scene was just spectacular.
Ahh, good call! I can't believe I forgot to mention The Prince of Egypt. It's such a gorgeous movie, and with a fantastic soundtrack to boot. I rewatched Titan A.E. a little while ago, and I've forgotten how impressive that movie actually is. I think I loved the designs of the spacecrafts, cities, etc. the best. Bluth's movies went downhill very quickly in the ‘90s for some reason, and while Titan A.E. is nothing like the ’80s classics like The Secret of NIMH or An American Tail, it's certainly a LOT better than some of those…other…movies. (While I personally have a soft spot for Anastasia for the sake of nostalgia, it made the mistake of copying the “Disney formula”, so I've lost some respect for it.)
I feel silly for not remembering Titan A.E. now. Definitely a great Bluth work. Probably would've mentioned it except I was listing some of the greats from my childhood.

Bluth just kicks ass in general.
“If I don't say it, don't assume I won't. An open book still needs a reader to turn the page.”
-Me
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved