Media Megaforum

The Greatest Cartoon Movie Ever
ParkerFarker at 5:46PM, May 27, 2009
(online)
CharleyHorse
I wouldn't even dream of trying to determine what was the best animated cartoon ever presented on American soil much less around the world. We've tried variations of this sort of thing on the past regarding other subject matter and invariably it all ends up subjective in nature anyway. We all like what we like and that's not going to change any time soon.

Fantastic Planet.

It is so good and it shows some sort of deep social commentary and represents the Soviet's oppression of Czech or something.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
PIT_FACE at 7:04PM, May 27, 2009
(online)
oh yeah, thre's plenty of contenders out there for best cartoon in the world, i guessi just have so much excitement about this one still then when i watch, i just wanna run out and grab people from the street, pat em down for various weapons and diseases, and make em watch this movie,and of corse they'd all feel instant spiritual healing and we'd all be connected through this greatness. but people are brining up some wicked,wicked movies ive totally forgotten about.

Akira for sure, that thing's AMAZING to no end. i thikn i remember hearing the animation's 80 frames a second or something obscene like that?excellent, excellent work, also has another thing i find extremely valuable in movies in general, that's great sound effects.man, when an action sequence had good imagery and killer SFX, then im good, that's done it right there.

secret of nihm was another beautiful cartoon. and yes, definatly remember the brave little toaster.hahaha. land before time was well done, fantasia was just fed the senses to no end.the old heavy metal movie.shit man, you really can go on.dont remember much of Titan A.E.,but i do remember being impressed by it.

HAHA! and yeah,ParkerFarker. i remember watching this back in the 90's and being like “oh boy! when i'm 20 years old, i'm gonna have 50 autobot friends,and i'm gonna fight decepticons and giant planets that eat you and have some dinobots and insecticons!” instead i drink….i….drink….becuase we have no autobots.

but man, Orsen Wells as Unicron….have you ever heard anything so perfect. not to mention Spock playing Galvatron.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
isukun at 7:43AM, May 28, 2009
(online)
i thikn i remember hearing the animation's 80 frames a second or something obscene like that?

No. How would they even show it if it were? TVs max out at 30 and theater projectors max out at 24. It's smoother looking than most other Japanese films, but still follows the same standards as other movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
PIT_FACE at 8:08AM, May 28, 2009
(online)
isukun
i thikn i remember hearing the animation's 80 frames a second or something obscene like that?

No. How would they even show it if it were? TVs max out at 30 and theater projectors max out at 24. It's smoother looking than most other Japanese films, but still follows the same standards as other movies.

yeah well i dont know anything technical about this stuff…yet. just something i heard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
ifelldownthestairs at 4:15AM, July 3, 2009
(online)
TheMidge28
You got the touch
You got the power

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

as we discuss favorite animated films, dirk diggler serenades us :D

as far as classic disney goes, i have to say dumbo. everyone cites bambi's mom dying as that ultimate disney tearjerker… for me it was dumbo's mom being imprisoned and singing “baby mine” to him, with that lone trunk sticking out and cradling him… even as an adult, man.. that shit still kills me. plus that awesome pink elephant scene… i dunno. i love it.

as far as (yes, pop-pandering and corporate-run) more modern disney, it's all about the little mermaid, beauty and the beast, and aladdin. i can STILL sing nearly any given song from either of those movies off the top of my head. hell, i OWN all three. of course, those were the movies that caught me at my most young and uncynical, so i imagine that would have something to do with it. and of course the first land before time… talk about tearjerkers, JESUS.

as far as the more recent ones that have been mentioned (i'm very glad the iron giant was brought up), i'm suprised noone said anything about south park. how brilliant a send-up of modern-era disney is that film? the songs are so incredibly well written and woven into the story; the quality would be absolute disney caliber if not for the content. and as far as the story goes, incredibly brilliant satire. a show under fire for its language, and what does it do? the creators make a show inside south park's universe, which is exactly what they themselves are accused of being - foul mouthed and repetitive comedians relying only on cheap jokes and shock value, and the parents in south park mirror the parents in real life.

sorry, i didn't mean to rant on this long… but yeah. i go for south park.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved