Random Discussion

The importance of having a hidden camera
kyupol at 9:46AM, Oct. 21, 2009
(offline)

(*insert usual angry rant about police here*) lol!

enjoy.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lothar at 10:28AM, Oct. 21, 2009
(online)
fuking cops ! that's exactly how they treated me when they finally caught me running in the alley . thats why you shouldn't smoke cuz its hard to outrun the police . they were talking all kinds of shit to me but i played it cool and pretended that i was insane and they let me go . lazy ass cops dont want to hassle with that they just want to fuck over the normals to get revenge for their shitty childhoods and all the jocks that picked on them in highschool. i swear everybody that wants to have that job has control issues .
“serve and protect” is more like swerve and project !!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
jaex at 9:45AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(offline)
Cops are humans just like everyone else, there are going to be assholes somewhere on the police force. They deal with enough stuff in their lives and on their job that some of them are bound to get screwed up in the head at some point. Doesn't mean they're all bad or out to get you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Hawk at 9:56AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
Yeah, I agree. It's hard to guess what kind of crap a police officer has been putting up with. The guy in the video is definitely over the line, but I think he's the minority. Every police officer that has pulled me over has been both rational and reasonable.

I spent years as a lifeguard. I soon realized how tough it was to keep people from getting themselves killed… and when you do, YOU'RE the bad guy! I imagine that being a police officer is like that, times ten.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
seventy2 at 5:03PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
If this is the incident i'm thinking about, the kid was driving around with the camera, looking to irritate a cop. he drove past one paticular cop, 7 times in 10 minutes…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
lothar at 5:13PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
what motivates someone to take such a life threatening thankless job ? im not saying its all cops, but alot of them like the power. if you wanna be a hero you become a firefighter.
ozoneocean at 9:13PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
Being in authority makes you the bad guy, that's a given.
Before I was an admin, everybody loved me. I was a golden boy :)
But when I've had to tell people what to do and what not to do here, some have seen me in a new light… So when I say anything at all it has that added dimension of “heavy handed stupid authority” floating around it, no matter the subject. So certain types here resent and react against what I post or just me in general.

So I have a teeny insight on that aspect…

But there's no excuse at all for police abuse of power. That's not like a silly forum stuff. And even a lot of other positions of authority like Hawk's lifeguarding etc aren't really equivalent in that as a policeman you are able to end someone's life violently but legally (in certain situations), you can attack them, beat them etc. Such an attack could leave someone in a wheelchair for life, even if it was “legally” justified in the circumstances, and if it was it will mean that person has no recourse- they're stuck with severe disabilities and massive medical bills that their family has to cope with…
Even when that's not legal behaviour you can still get away with it because of your position. And even without all that physical stuff you can just harass people you don't like and wrongly cite, fine or arrest people if you choose and that in turn can get them fired from their job or even not able to get another job, which in turn can make them homeless or mean their children are taken away and so on.

-So you see that policing really is VERY serious business. Actual abuses can NOT be justified in any way. Justifying them by whining about provocation makes you an enabler.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
ERasER at 1:31AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(online)
That cop obviously has some serious issues with people, but there is no reason to act unprofessionally towards people and freak out.
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
jaex at 12:36PM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
MacDonaldCreations
I'm not saying the officer was right by yelling as he did, but as was stated earlier in this thread, “He's only human” Sometime you need to put yourselves in their shoes…

I wasn't defending him by saying that cops are humans. I was defending the entire police force since it seemed to me that some people in this thread assume that all cops are like this. I was saying that because you can't expect all cops to be good and honest just like you wouldn't assume every other human to be good and honest.

BTW, maybe we should have a law against recording, taping, photographing, etc. someone without their knowledge/permission…if we haven't already!

No. We have a right to film/photograph anything within public view.
jaex at 9:35PM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
MacDonaldCreations
And, NO…you can't photograph, record, etc “ANYTHING” just because it's in the public's view…Concerts, movies, etc. are in the “public's” view…but it is against the law to record them. (Even though some people do…) A person's private life is HIS/HER PRIVATE life, and just because a person happens to come out into the public doesn't give you or anybody else the right to “SECRETLY” record them!

Bull. What is street photography then? Illegal? No. Wrong? Depends. In most cases, no.

Even if recording concerts/movies wasn't stealing…
Concerts/movies/etc happen to occur on property that is owned by someone. The person that owns/manages that property has the right to decide whether or not recording of any kind is allowed. What I mean by public view is, anything viewable from public property(public streets, beaches, parks etc). If I can see you standing in your yard from a public street, I'm LEGALLY allowed to take photos of you standing on your private property so long as I'm standing on that public street. (And that's why paparazzi aren't arrested.)

I do have the right to do that as long as I don't use any photos for commercial uses. Unless you're saying I can't look at those people at all? All I'm doing is preserving something that I saw. If you want to be sure you're not recorded doing something, then don't do it in public, plain and simple.

Go ahead, google “US photographer's rights.”;

EDIT: I'll quote, to make it easier for you.

]Members of the public have a very limited scope of privacy rights when they are in public places. Basically, anyone can be photographed without their consent except when they have secluded themselves in places where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms, medical facilities, and inside their homes.[/quote
lothar at 10:02AM, Oct. 24, 2009
(online)
i realy surprised by how many people come out in defense of the police . i guess its all relative to where you are coming from. i've met a few nice cops , but more often they are dicks , at best - unhelpfull and rude , at worst - deranged predators
btw the kid in this vid looks like a douche
webcomics heh at 4:12PM, Oct. 24, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
he drove past one paticular cop, 7 times in 10 minutes…

I knew a guy who did this. Of course he also had OCD so once he was done driving he'd wash his hands 50 times.

Smug I Could Do
it's only the BEST webcomic. Heh.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Lonnehart at 10:43PM, Oct. 24, 2009
(online)
Wow… there's a wikipedia article about this vid. That cop was suspended, and eventually fired. Before that incident he had been arrested for assault and stealing. So that cop did get what he deserved.
Suspension and firing of Sgt. James Kuehnlein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
ozoneocean at 4:01AM, Oct. 25, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Wow… there's a wikipedia article about this vid. That cop was suspended, and eventually fired. Before that incident he had been arrested for assault and stealing. So that cop did get what he deserved.
Suspension and firing of Sgt. James Kuehnlein
So, silly deffense of a bastard like this is a pretty dopey thing to do eh? ;)

The thing is that people like police should be respected, and as long as they're doing their job right, that's fine.

But if they abuse that position for any reason, no matter what the “provocation”, they should NOT be defended and supported. When they cross the line, they become the bad guys. It's too easy to support authority figures that go wrong. Totalitarian governments around the world love that sort of thing because it means they stay in power when the people should be protesting such behaviour.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved