Debate and Discussion

the invisible world of higher dimensional beings
lothar at 11:29AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
i haven't heard any good theories on why there is any stuff at all. like matter or light and gravity. science is only good at talking about the stuff in this universe . but what if theres other universes that are outside this one.
this subject is driving me mad; like , what is all the 3 dimensional universe and time ?? not like - “whats the point?” “whats the meaning of life?” not that question

Is this universe al there is ? is there a higher dimension ? are there intelligent beings living there ? are they watching us rite now ? everytime i think about this stuff it feels like theres something watching me from the inside . like this world is the matrix and there some hyperdimansional morpheus trying to communicate with me .

what do you think ? do you think it's possible that there are hyperaliens watching us ? or that we are hyperhumans who become simple 3D universe humans for fun , like a game ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ozoneocean at 11:58AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
Anything is possible… Here you have the twin realms of philosophy and or paranoid schizophrenia to deal with though. :)
Watch how you go.

Really, all we can prove are things that are physical and material.Stuff outside of that can only be speculated upon, as far as I know. Various mathematical and quantum physics theories tell us that there is a lot more to the universe that we can never see or sense or probably even measure- in terms of scale (micro and macro), and dimension (extra facets to our universe). If there ARE indeed different dimensions to this universe of which we're not able to normally comprehend (as mathematics and quantum theory suggests that there might be), then there is no reason a type of life or even a type of intelligent life couldn't exist there, but it really is impossible to know.

There could even be forms of life, even intelligent life within natural, apparent phenomena such as light wave or radio frequencies, but those things are so far out of our understanding of what intelligence or life could be that it's unlikely that we could ever realise it if it was there.

So pretty much all you can do is speculate…

It's the same idea with the Morpheus/Matrix thing. But that's an old idea in philosophy and even OLDER in religion: Are you living in my dream, or do I live in yours? Or are we all figments of some greater creature's dream?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Peipei at 4:09PM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
I was having a discussion about a very simiar topic a few months ago with a friend. He was saying something about the possibility of our planet being one big virtual playground (kinda like an mmo!) and that humans were being controlled and oggled at by more intelligent beings from the 4th dimension! And he brought up the idea that we were a bunch of puppets playing at their evil demands and desires. This to me was kinda farfetched when I first heard it, but you just never know xD! There's still a lot about this universe that we don't know about and until we get down to the nitty gritty of it all, there's really no room for being skeptical at the moment :p.

I like Pie!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:30AM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
Peipei
He was saying something about the possibility of our planet being one big virtual playground (kinda like an mmo!) and that humans were being controlled and oggled at by more intelligent beings from the 4th dimension! And he brought up the idea that we were a bunch of puppets playing at their evil demands and desires.

The alien who is controlling me is boring as hell. :D

I have much the same opion as Ozone except I belive that it is possible to know. It isn't possible now but anything is possible and I believe as we go we will continue to shed more light on the unknown.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Ironscarf at 1:56AM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
Lothar

I believe it still exists, but only the admins have access to it now!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
same at 3:57AM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
Lothar

I believe it still exists, but only the admins have access to it now!

Jesus was a mod.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
seventy2 at 7:01PM, Jan. 12, 2010
(online)
as ozone pointed out, there are many theories on how many dimensions there are..(the current string theory requires a minimum of 11)

I'm with TFGM tho. it is possible for us to know, it's just not available for us to know.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Orin J Master at 7:35AM, Jan. 13, 2010
(online)
i'm clearly not on enough drugs to contribute to this thread.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Lonnehart at 2:59AM, Jan. 14, 2010
(online)
Peipei
I was having a discussion about a very simiar topic a few months ago with a friend. He was saying something about the possibility of our planet being one big virtual playground (kinda like an mmo!) and that humans were being controlled and oggled at by more intelligent beings from the 4th dimension! And he brought up the idea that we were a bunch of puppets playing at their evil demands and desires. This to me was kinda farfetched when I first heard it, but you just never know xD! There's still a lot about this universe that we don't know about and until we get down to the nitty gritty of it all, there's really no room for being skeptical at the moment :p.

Someone's been playing too much Star Ocean. Star Ocean III: ‘Til the End of Time is exactly this. 4D beings created THIS universe as their playground, but in the end it’s nearly destroyed only to become reality…. or something like that.

You never know though… maybe there's an invisible jewel over your head and some pointer finger is directing your every action and mood…. and otherwise telling you you need the bathroom even though you don't think you do (and very often it's right!)…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
ramlama at 9:29AM, Jan. 17, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart
You never know though… maybe there's an invisible jewel over your head and some pointer finger is directing your every action and mood…. and otherwise telling you you need the bathroom even though you don't think you do (and very often it's right!)…
Oh gawd… I hope my player had the foresight of investing in a really good walkthrough.

I dun' talk about my honest view on this often, but my take on it is a kind of perversion of memetic theory. The basic argument is that the components of personalities and identities are like cells in the human body- we think of the body as a cohesive unit, but it's arguably composed of so many tiny units that are just designed to work really well together. Same thing goes for self-identity; our self-identities are actually separate entities that more or less have adapted to work together (sometimes better than others).

Ideas and belief systems, in effect, become large transcendent organisms that use people as hosts. No need for higher dimensions or sci-fi. It's one of those things where the things operate in physical parameters- the human mind and body- and they demonstrate qualities of life. It's just that they're radically different enough that we don't think about them. In other words, based on this paradigm, the earth is already overrun with life forms that seem entirely alien and transcendent to us.

Ha… there's a lot of underlying logic behind it, but a lot of it gets nebulous. I usually avoid talking about it because I know it sounds crazy to most people. It's one of those things where you don't see it, but then you turn your head just the right way and suddenly you see it everywhere.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
kyupol at 9:34AM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
Just because you can't see them, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Open your eyes.

Expand your consciousness.

Start by turning off the TV and leaving it off.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 9:55AM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
People believe in other people. We believe in a “god” The “god” believes in a higher being but likes the praise. And so on and so on. We're all an idea or the ending to Men In Black 1.

:)

But don't trust my input, I am just a teenager. Even though we usually have the best senses in the world, we also have the most pride and our sense of knowledge usually ends up to be wrong.

:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
LOOKIS at 6:53PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(offline)
There are a lot of “this is the only one” statements that are wrong, possibly all of them.

Examples:

I am the only person in the world.
My city is the only city on this planet.
My planet is the only planet that has intelligent life living on it.
My star is the only star that has planets.
My galaxy is the only galaxy that has a star with a planet that has life on it.
My universe is the only universe that could possibly exist.

My theory is the only correct theory. :)
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Orin J Master at 9:24PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
kyupol
Just because you can't see them, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Open your eyes.

Expand your consciousness.

Start by turning off the TV and leaving it off.

you don't actually understand the intent behind those phrase, kyupol. otherwise you wouldn't have followed “open your eyes” with “expand your consciousness”, because expanding your consciousness is almost always achieved with your eyes closed.

by the way, the internet's the new TV, so get offline and stay there. otherwise it'll infect your thinking again! they're tracking your IP, kyupol……
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Polkster at 10:21PM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
Bong rips for all!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
El Cid at 5:44PM, Feb. 1, 2010
(online)
Nothing to find there. If there are “higher” dimensions, and anybody's living there, then that anybody is us. The whole thing is interconnected, and it's the lower dimensions which exert control over higher ones, not the other way around. Time, the most fundamental of the four dimensions we're able to detect, controls us. We don't control time. If you were looking for some kind of “god being,” it would be in a lower dimension, not a higher one, so… I wonder if String Theory allows for negative dimensions?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
lothar at 7:04PM, Feb. 1, 2010
(online)
El Cid
Nothing to find there. If there are “higher” dimensions, and anybody's living there, then that anybody is us. The whole thing is interconnected, and it's the lower dimensions which exert control over higher ones, not the other way around. Time, the most fundamental of the four dimensions we're able to detect, controls us. We don't control time. If you were looking for some kind of “god being,” it would be in a lower dimension, not a higher one, so… I wonder if String Theory allows for negative dimensions?
interesting.
so youre saying Time is the bottom level dimension. and that dimension controls everything else ?

so god is a flatlander ??
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
El Cid at 7:52PM, Feb. 1, 2010
(online)
lothar
interesting.
so youre saying Time is the bottom level dimension. and that dimension controls everything else ?

so god is a flatlander ??
Pretty much, yeah. God is Time, and It facilitates all existence. No point then in looking into the Beyond for something that might be controlling us; we control it. We're like the square who doesn't know he's a cube. As he goes about his day-to-day business, the square never realizes he has a whole other dimension to himself that he drags around wherever he goes, but ultimately what does it matter? The cube is nothing to the square, and the square is the one in control.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved