Media Megaforum

The Man of Iron
Rusty Knight at 9:36PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
I'm talking of course about Iron Man. I saw the trailer for the new Iron Man movie that was played at Comicon. and I have to say, at first, I had my doubts about Robert Downey Jr. being Tony Stark, but then I took a look at his mugshot when he was arrested for DRUNK driving. He was smirking. Very suave. Very Tony Stark. Anyway. I saw the trailer, and IT FRIGGIN ROCKED! Iron man, even the first appearance suit looked incredible.
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Bekefel at 10:08PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
How very coincidental.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
ozoneocean at 11:29PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
Hahahahaha! Man… Iron man. I liked Downey in his 80's and early 90's film roles.
That film preview though was a huge laugh! The only good thing was the music, thankfully without Ozzy's shitty vocals. Yeah I said it, Ozbourne was always a terrible singer. Those old Sabbath songs are good but his voice holds them back from being great. :P

Oh I do like to pick on comic movies, maybe unfairly, but aren't you tired of seeing things set in places that look a bit like Iraq? And that Iron-man just looks so robotic… not so much like a guy in armour or even power-armour, more like a remote controlled toy man. It'd be nice to see him dance though. :)

Ha! He reminds me of a buffed up version of C3P0! lol!
I think we've finally found C3P0 a boyfriend…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
SpANG at 7:28AM, July 31, 2007
(online)
The ridiculous views and opinions of the previous poster do NOT directly reflect those of Drunk Duck management, but mainly… me. :P

I think it looks good. And Ozzy is great!
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Kohdok at 7:45AM, July 31, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Ha! He reminds me of a buffed up version of C3P0! lol!
I think we've finally found C3P0 a boyfriend…

*Grabs his sketch pad*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
kingofsnake at 12:01PM, July 31, 2007
(online)
I haven't seen the trailer yet…but I gotta say I used to have a general distaste for Robert Downyy Jr. You know, the kind where you can't really say “I dislike him because…” but you have to say “I dunno theres just something about him I don't like” But over the last five years he's totally won me over, the sincher coming with “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang” after that I was like, ok this guy is awesome.

As far as IronMan goes, I was pretty excited when I heard he'd be doing it. I thought, well, maybe I can count this amoung the good superhero movies instead of the bad superhero movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
hpkomic at 6:50PM, July 31, 2007
(online)
The Iron Man movie is hitting all the right notes so early, I am so excited. I like Downey Jr as an actor, he's actually a good one, but he gets pulled into bad roles, but I think Tony Stark is one he can sink his teeth into.

The armor looks great and was even nicer in motion, it's got all the right cues of the classic look, but distinctly modern, maybe Armor by Apple?

Also, the movie is actually set in Afghanistan I believe, I don't mind, it makes sense that if this sort of thing were to occur (weapons contractor making weapons for a war effort) if would have to be in the middle-east.

In this case, it fits and works well enough to suit the concept.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
lefarce at 6:55PM, July 31, 2007
(online)
I was very hyped for Dark Knight, but now Iron Man is catching a ton of my attention. Great casting and effects. If the movie is anywhere near as exciting as the trailer, it will make up for the Fantastic Four movies and Hulk.

Jesus Christ, when is this coming out again? It looks so polished it seems like we don't have much more to wait for.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
Rusty Knight at 9:31PM, July 31, 2007
(offline)
They said the release date for Iron man is May 2008 which means, whatever we saw in those trailers, is pretty much everything that's completely done so far.

As for the Ozzy Osbourne. He's got a good voice when he's with oh say Rob Zombie. Or Drowning Pool. And I too thought it was terrbile of them to play Iron Man in the trailer. I didn't notice it the first time. But the second time I watched the trailer it almost made me gag. Shame on them.

I know Ozone, I'm a little tired of the whole Iraq scene myself. But Tony was orginally in Vietnam when he was attacked and captured. It wouldn't make sense for him to be in Vietnam when the Nam war has been over for a while. So they updated it to Iraq.

I agree, Iron man has a good possibility of being just as good as Spider-Man (Not 3). But I think it's success really lies in this question.

“WHO WILL BE THE VILLAIN?”

I'm thinking it's going to be the Mandarin, but I hope not. And my bro is thinking Titanium Man, which wouldn't make sense because titanium Man is russian. But the most likely would be the Spy Master. Just because of that brief scene with Tony stark with nothing but the glove on firing the blaster.
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
hpkomic at 11:39PM, July 31, 2007
(online)
Guys, it's not Iraq.

Empire magazine already confirmed it's Afgahnistan.

And the villian, at least one of them announced so far, is Obadiah Stane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
ozoneocean at 2:57AM, Aug. 1, 2007
(online)
hpkomic
Guys, it's not Iraq.

Empire magazine already confirmed it's Afgahnistan.
Meh, one desert's much like another in a movie backdrop… Hey, remember back when all war scenes happened in the jungle? Ah, generic Vietnam rainforests, I never thought I'd miss 'em :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Phantom Penguin at 4:59AM, Aug. 1, 2007
(offline)
The area is getting updated, they had to do it with the Punisher also. No biggie.

But the idea of a Ironman movie just seems corny to me, I mean not much more corny then a dude in tights flying around, but corny none the less.

The cheese factor in this movie is going to be off the charts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Bekefel at 5:36PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
Iron Man was the best superhero out there. Although I am a bit annoyed at the desert scene, considering how much they use it.

Iraq? Afghanistan? What is the difference? To me it's just sand.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved