Debate and Discussion

The Meaning of Life
Orin J Master at 5:13PM, June 28, 2009
(online)
since there's no way to confirm the result of an experiment still in progress, i'll get back to you when i'm done for a proper scientific solution.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Polliwog at 8:06PM, July 2, 2009
(offline)
Life is the biological process that happens on a big radioactive sphere of iron in the middle of weird “floating thingy”. So what's the big Answer? Ask a cook he'll say “The meaning of life is cooking, because every man must feed for its energy and it's only through good food that a life is well spent”. A surfer will respond “It's floating on the wave, letting go of everything and just be one with what you truly are”. Douglas Adams will certainly tell you it's 42. Thing is life is the same for every man - which is true for every other animal, plant, fungi or bacteria too - it's like milk, it has an expiration date. Despite the fact that it is obviously a boring and gross thing, it's still happening every minute. The way we handle it is different because of our experiences and blablabla lots of stuff. Homo sapiens goes like this : suffering, taxes, death (or Birth, Reproduce, Death - pick your number)

Wanting meaning is human but ask yourself seriously : what would you do with the meaning of Every-goofy-thing? I can't buy my milk with it, and it's gonna turn bad anyway. You've got a life, time to do what you want. You can even realize what you're doing because of your monkey-pinky-squishy organ about 5 inch above your throat. That's wonderful.

I know, with the facts of modern knowledge, that there is the Universe, the Milky Way, the Sol System, the Earth, Life and my role is to contribute to the whole equilibrium of the world's ecosystem as an animal. Religion tells me that there is a higher, more profound meaning to ot. Politicians say that we can make a better world (with all those consumption goods of course)out of ignorance, because we only got one of those. TV talks about Society's Destruction and sold on shoes…
I see useless paths and promises to something that doesn't even exist.

And now for Shopenhaüer's quote : "Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death."

Life is what's happening right now. I shouldn't write post that long; my cat drank my glass of milk.

- Moe P. Emery
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Red_Baby at 5:31AM, July 4, 2009
(offline)
i think the meaning of life is to die in the end
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Sea_Cow at 8:08PM, July 8, 2009
(offline)
Due to the fact that existence as we know it is a single, constantly fluctuating mass of particles, and the idea of individual “life” is only a pattern within that mass, I doubt there's a meaning to it.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Tsunami at 11:48PM, July 14, 2009
(online)
I'm pretty sure this has been stated before but I think we're taking the question the wrong way. I think that the meaning of life actually means why are YOU living your life? Basically, why do you live your life?

If we try to answer that question for someone else, especially someone that we don't know then we'd be guessing at best.

I think the meaning of life changes from person to person because that's what makes them unique. No one person is living for exactly the same thing or for the same reasons or has the same experiences as anyone else. There may be similarities, sure, but they're not the same person.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that perspective is the key to a lot of things in life and this question might just be one more.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Dark Clown at 8:40AM, July 16, 2009
(online)
The Meaning of Life… Why are we Here…

Its simple really

The meaning of life is. DEATH.

You are born to Die.
all Life Leads to Death.
The Second you are conceived your cells begin to multiply divide and Die.

Thats it. there is no Divine plan. No grand schema. No secret meaning.

all Beginnings Must End, all End bring new beginnings.

so to wrap it up.

The meaning of life is Death.
don't you feel better

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
DARKNES at 9:54AM, July 16, 2009
(offline)
In my opinion the meaning of life is different for everyone. I beleive in faith and destiny. That we are put on earth for a reason and we all find out our meaning some of us actualy knowing we found out!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Sticky Sheets at 2:15PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
Survival, for oneself and for ones species continuation by way of sexy-time, innately speaking.

Though we came from that, as animals, we are highly evolved creatures. We are different. We can choose whether we want to follow our innate goals, we can do whatever we, as individuals, feel like doing.

You are a human being. I suggest you read comics, the kinds you like, of course, but other then that, do as you please.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
magnetic at 7:20PM, Sept. 6, 2009
(offline)
In my opinion, even if life has a meaning, its humanly impossible to discover it. So the search for the meaning of life is pointless, and there might actually be no meaning. Anyways, I do think that we can create our own meanings to live.

I live to be with the people I love. That's my reason. :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Polliwog at 3:19PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(offline)
Magnetic just pointed out the principle doctrine of Absurdism. Got a life to live and you'll die eventually. Sure you can have meaning, no it is not essential, life goes on anyways.
- Moe P. Emery
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved