Debate and Discussion

The morale of the US army.
kyupol at 8:29AM, June 13, 2007
(online)
Everybody knows the US army is the strongest in the world and technically speaking, they can wipe out any country in any conventional war. The latest high tech gadgets. Watch discovery channel “future weapons”. Just… impressive.

The performance in Iraq. 1 US death for every 50 insurgents killed.

But as far as morale is concerned, just how motivated are the fighters of the US army?

I'm not a US army soldier, so all the info I got is different.

Just exactly how high is the morale of the average US soldier?

Do all of them fully have faith in their leaders, their country, and do they serve in the army with great love and passion? Do they have the same level of fanaticism as their enemies?

Or are they just there for economic reasons? I've heard that most US army people are from poor families and want to get away from poverty. Is that true or no?

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
ozoneocean at 10:25AM, June 13, 2007
(online)
kyupol
Everybody knows the US army is the strongest in the world and technically speaking, they can wipe out any country in any conventional war.
With China? You've changed your tune Chris! :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Phantom Penguin at 12:12PM, June 13, 2007
(offline)
Well I guess I could help here.

Generally speaking moral is high. We are well paid, get free food and health care, and have a pretty decent roof over our head.

Almost all the soldiers I talk to love their job, just not the war part so much which is to be expected, no one wants to go to war.

But trust in the government? We don't care. All their saber rattling doesn't really effect us (I speak for my unit). While the President is ‘the commander-in-cheif’ he really doesn't give any orders, he has Generals for that. And we trust them.

The only thing that EVER hurt my moral was being extended in Iraq. We were supposed to go home in December but we got extended for another 3 months. At this point I had been there a year already so 3 more months didn't hurt me much.

We have all the freedoms of a american citizen, a job, a roof, and food. I really couldn't ask for a stable job where I am from (Michigan). As for the ‘passion of the country’ and stuff like that, I'm not going to bullshit and say I joined to serve the country and I didn't. I joined for college money, and a stable job until I thought it was my time to leave.

Fun Fact:
Moral is always higher on the weekends.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Sea_Cow at 8:59PM, June 13, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
Fun Fact:
Moral is always higher on the weekends.

Hehe. Everyone loves weekends. Let me guess:
It's always lower on Mondays.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
marine at 9:26PM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
They're all so motivated, they can be meet interesting and new people (and kill them), they have to worry about IEDs while they simply drive from point A to point B, and of course, if they die a cult comes in and calls them homosexual traitors.

I'd say morale is high. The people who enter into the armed forces aren't especially, my hand moved a round in a circle twice and I couldn't come up with a good thing to say. They tend to drink and have to observe the “rules of engagement.” You see, we would've taken over the world had there not been rules against it. In many ways, America already HAS taken the world over. But this is about morale. If you've not seen the million USO specials on TV, or heard about an even in 2001 that inspired everyone to love America more than anything else, you'd notice the troops are a happy lot.

Also last I heard China had a three million man army. Also all of whom are angry and carry hammers.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
marine at 9:28PM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
no one wants to go to war.

Well someone had to have wanted to go to war, otherwise we could've just turned the other cheek.
Phantom Penguin at 3:52AM, June 15, 2007
(offline)
China has more men in its army then there are US citizens in the USA. Scary no?

Even while I was deployed moral was high, because we are killing the shit out of them and they are not doing that much damage to us at a military standpoint.

And no one in the US army (soldiers anyway) wanted to go to war.
kyupol at 5:58AM, June 15, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin

Even while I was deployed moral was high, because we are killing the shit out of them and they are not doing that much damage to us at a military standpoint.

What if things happened to be different?

Lets say… if the equipment of the army isnt that good… and you're battling insurgents and there are more casualties and injured among your comrades?

Will that in any way affect the will to fight?
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
ZeroVX at 9:55AM, June 15, 2007
(online)
marine
Phantom Penguin
no one wants to go to war.

Well someone had to have wanted to go to war, otherwise we could've just turned the other cheek.

Well, clearly no one WANTS to go to war. The belief is is that you just HAVE to.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
marine at 11:35AM, June 15, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin

I bet some marines were.
Phantom Penguin at 12:54PM, June 15, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
Phantom Penguin

What if things happened to be different?

Lets say… if the equipment of the army isnt that good… and you're battling insurgents and there are more casualties and injured among your comrades?

Will that in any way affect the will to fight?

Well I know as a tanker if I was seeing all my buddie's tanks around me explodeing into peices I would have extremely low morale.

At a military standpoint if your killing more of them, generally your troops have good morale.

But would it have effected my will to fight? I would have fought harder knowing I was fighting another army able to do as much damage to me that I am doing to him.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved