Networking & Community Projects*

The new Quack With The Ducks interview community project thread!
skoolmunkee at 6:48AM, Feb. 28, 2009
(offline)
Okay! I felt like starting a new thread for this because first of all, I'm running them now (but huge thanks to lucky7s76) and I thought having a thread ‘started’ by a person NOT running it would be confusing. Also, the old thread was getting a bit long and was almost all just replies saying ‘sign me up.’

Note: I delete signup replies after I've got them on a list and/or matched up with someone, so that's why this thread seems to be fairly short.

Here is the setup!

This is a quick summary of the 'process'
1. People sign up! Genius! I tend to pair off people as they sign up, rather than trying to manage a huge group at once.

2. You no longer have to PQ me the questions you intend to ask- there have been no problems with this in the past, it seems like we all know what ‘inappropriate questions’ are and how not to ask them. (You should at least acknowledge to me that you've gotten your assignment though so I don't wonder if you're alive.)

3. You've got 2 weeks, give or take, to do your interview. Do whatever format you like- plain Q and A, chat messaging, comics, etc. If the time is a problem then let me know.

4. PQ me the completed interview.

5. I post them in the interview forum (first come first serve, a few a week) where they get stickied for a while and get a news announcement.

These are the details, you better read them
1. Your comic must be hosted on DD and have 20 pages or more. It's hard to interview someone with no pages.

2. If you want to get interviewed, you have to do an interview too. It's only fair.

3. If you have a specific comic of yours you want to talk about (or don't want to talk about) then please tell your assigned interviewer.

4. It's ok to request to interview/be interviewed by someone specific, as long as they're OK with that too. It's also OK to tell me you DON'T want someone, and you can tell me in PQ if that's the case.

5. I am not going to fix your spelling, so if you care about that, do it yourself!

6. I'll put links automatically in for the interviewer and interviewee's profiles, and interviewee's comics (unless they have a ton of them). If you want any other links (ie shout-outs, references, etc) you'll need to include the URL because I'm lazy.

7. Interviews should have between 10 and 20 questions, which gives them a good length without going on forever. Try to read some of the person's comic or something when writing the questions- it's pretty obvious when the interviewer doesn't know anything about the comic or its creator and it makes the interview less interesting and makes them look lazy.

8. If you partner with someone to work on the comic, your interviewer needs to know what you do (art, writing, etc) so they can ask you appropriate questions. Unless your partner signed up separately (in which case they'll get their own interviewer anyway), then the amount of their participation is up to your interviewer. This means: If you sign up, it's you signing yourself up- not you signing both of you up, unless you arrange that with your interviewer. Your partner might not get any questions.

9. If you've been interviewed before and want to do another one, you'll have to wait a little while before you can do it again- say, after 10 more interviews come in. If you really like interviewing people whether you get a return interview or not, then we can always use some ‘alternates’ who would fill in if someone drops the ball and doesn't do their half of the round.

Please tell me if there is some problem- you will be late writing your questions, you think the questions you got are bad, etc.

If you are having a hard time thinking of questions - the first place to go is old interviews in the forum, there are tons of questions there you may want to use. If you still can't think of any, come to me before sending off questions that even YOU think aren't fair.

current participants - signups ok!
arborwin and chriscomic (I guess these two aren't going to finish?)
BffSatan and MaxAxil

Alternates (I removed some of the people who have been on this list for years, if you want back on then tell me!)
JustNoPoint
lba
patrickdevine
nergal
ifelldownthestairs
elektro
nako
Salsa
gullas *newest

I also have a very short list of people who deadbeated on this project in the past (ie, disappeared before doing anything, didn't do half, or never sent me completed interviews) and those people aren't allowed to participate again until they've somehow made up their deadbeatedness to me. I'll contact them if they do happen to sign up again. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
demontales at 8:54AM, May 30, 2011
(online)
Is the 2 weeks deadline for both interviews or just one side?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
skoolmunkee at 10:44AM, May 30, 2011
(offline)
Both, ideally, but if the two people have worked out some schedule or something then I'm fine with it.

The deadline is mostly there because it's easier to have a deadline you can remind people about, than it is to just say “okay, do it kind of soon.” That way I can bug people with “so what's going on?” if they haven't sent anything.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:41AM, June 23, 2011
(offline)
I don't really want to be interviewed again cause my last thread's still on the page but I wouldn't mind conducting one if you'd allow it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
RPGgrenade at 11:19AM, Aug. 28, 2011
(online)
I would like to sign up, but i didn't quite get if i have to interview the interviewer too

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
skoolmunkee at 12:58AM, Sept. 1, 2011
(offline)
Yep, you do. People get paired up and they interview each other.
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon