Media Megaforum

The Next book in the "Inkheart" series by Cornelia Funke and the "Inkheart" movie
Insane Video Gamer at 8:56AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
I don't know when it comes out in English, but I heard you can buy the german version in New York City right now. The thing is, I can't read German…
The official english title is “Inkdeath” and I can't wait till it comes out.

The “Inkheart” movie is coming out March…19th? I think so. I hope they don't ruin it like they did to “Harry Potter” or “Eragon”.
I'm sure it will be rated PG-13 because of language, violence, and blood.

WARNING!! DO NOT GO ON MY WORD FOR THIS. I HEAR THINGS, AND SOMETIMES THEY ARE NOT RIGHT, SO DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS STUFF.
^__^
My comic link is:
Random Insane Sprite Comic
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
lastcall at 9:46AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Of course they will ruin it. It's a movie based on a book. Those always suck.

I didn't like the ‘Inkheart’ book to begin with, though. I could only get as far as the first few chapters. Funke's earlier book, ‘The Thief Lord,’ was much better. Of course, they ruined it with a movie adaptation as well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
GOD_OF_DEATH at 4:28PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
hey, noyt always true, the lord of the rings movies were awsome
I miss BABAARS NINJAAR house, great memories, Ah, APPLES to APPLES
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Ziffy88 at 5:31PM, Dec. 27, 2007
(offline)
oh god not this again….anywhoo what's inkdeath and why is it going to be cool?
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
Insane Video Gamer at 11:19AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
well, I don't know about you guys but I really like the series. I mean, c'mon! Did anyone ever think of a storyline that includes reading characters out of stories? But, I guess it kind of depends on what you like… I'm a big fantasy reader, I like stuff about vampires and werewolves and dragons, etc.

Ziffy88
anywhoo what's inkdeath and why is it going to be cool?
Well, it's the third and last book in the Inkheart series, but you have to read the other ones for it to make sense. ^_^
My comic link is:
Random Insane Sprite Comic
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Whirlwynd at 1:13PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Insane Video Gamer
I mean, c'mon! Did anyone ever think of a storyline that includes reading characters out of stories?

I did. Unfortunately it was after Inkheart was published. I was so mad when I heard about that book. But I guess it wasn't an element that had been used a lot because when I put the story I had written up for class review they were saying what a neat and original idea it was =\ oh well -

I haven't read the series, but I might see the movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:35PM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Whirlwynd
Insane Video Gamer
I mean, c'mon! Did anyone ever think of a storyline that includes reading characters out of stories?

I did. Unfortunately it was after Inkheart was published. I was so mad when I heard about that book. But I guess it wasn't an element that had been used a lot because when I put the story I had written up for class review they were saying what a neat and original idea it was =\ oh well -

I haven't read the series, but I might see the movie.

I don't know about you guys, but I sometimes have nightmares about my characters coming to life.

Yeah, there was trailer for the movie before The Water House (which was surprisingly entertaining, probably not “Best of Year” material, but a fairly good movie) I was vaguely interested. Of course, there were about 50 Fantasy movie trailers before that movie…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
Twilight_of_the_gods at 5:31PM, March 7, 2008
(online)
Okay, I really liked the book and all my friends had the same problem, that they couldn't finish it. I read the book all the way though and they really missed out. I'll probably go see it, but who knows if they'll ruin it or not. Hollywood has a habit of ruining book based movies. Some come out really good though! I myself especially liked Interview with a Vampire, but of course the screenplay was written by the author, Anne Rice.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
lastcall at 4:35AM, March 14, 2008
(offline)
Twilight_of_the_gods
Okay, I really liked the book and all my friends had the same problem, that they couldn't finish it.

I had the exact same problem. Maybe I will give it another go and hopefully finish it this time.

I did, however, like Funke's book The Thief Lord. It looks like they made a DVD-movie of that book too, and I'm afraid to watch it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved