Debate and Discussion

The Next US Persident?
ozoneocean at 2:35PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
If you had a say in who would be the next president of the US, who would you choose?
I've only heard about a few who're in the running… Barak Obama, Hillary Clinton, John McCain? Rudolph Juliani? Some right-wing Mormon ‘tard called “Romney” or something…?

I’m not sure if even all those are running… But out of them all I'd probably say Obama looks best. Hillary is far too conservative, she'd be a Republican if it'd mean she was more likely to get elected.. Juliani is a wanker… I still remember how he was trying to go about exploiting the whole 9/11 thing to extend his term in power undemocratically. What a fink. That McCain guy says sensible things sometimes when he's not rolling over and licking the feet of his “superiors”, but because of his penchant for obeying orders I doubt he'd be any good as a leader.

I don't know much about the Romney fellow except I've heard bad things.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 2:47PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)
I agree with Obama so far but I haven't been paying much attention lately. It's next year so that's when I'll care.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
Phantom Penguin at 3:56PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)
So far Obama looks like the leader of them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
subcultured at 5:20PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
hehe “persident”

Hoping someone better than bush is gonna be elected.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
subcultured at 5:31PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
i'd vote for a president that puts science in front of religion. stem cell research, decrease global warming, cloning organs, faster way to produce food to poverty stricken countries.

what good will relgion do anyone when hell comes to earth in the form of compacting problems.
J
Phantom Penguin at 5:44PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)
It seems none of them are really talking about what their going to do yet. Their still saying “I've done this. so elect me!”
ozoneocean at 8:12AM, Feb. 14, 2007
(online)
lol! Damn made a mistake with the title… reminds me of "does love exists?" :p
We need a way to edit titles! :(

Not much of a debate or discussion here either. You guys aren't really into the American politics thing are you?

Phantom Penguin at 9:02AM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
Oh iam. Theres just not much to talk about. None of really brought up what they would be running on, just saying “I'm not bush. Iraq is bad” isn't a talking point.
Aurora Moon at 5:03PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
Oh iam. Theres just not much to talk about. None of really brought up what they would be running on, just saying “I'm not bush. Iraq is bad” isn't a talking point.

agreed. while that line alone would be enough to get them elections, I'm cautious myself… after all, while they may not be as stupid as bush and doesn't support the war at all, they could do some potential damage while in office if they have some sort of agenda that they want to support that I may not agree with.

and the fact that they haven't talked about what they want to do with the county and some of the stuff like stem cells, makes me a little bit nervous.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Phantom Penguin at 6:36PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
Phantom Penguin

agreed. while that line alone would be enough to get them elections, I'm cautious myself… after all, while they may not be as stupid as bush and doesn't support the war at all, they could do some potential damage while in office if they have some sort of agenda that they want to support that I may not agree with.

and the fact that they haven't talked about what they want to do with the county and some of the stuff like stem cells, makes me a little bit nervous.

The election is over a year away. They aren't going to use their good points yet. They will wait until debates and things like that.
Aurora Moon at 6:46PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
yeah. but some running for president usually at least presents an case of what they believe or don't believe in even if they don't tackle the actual issues right away…

and that sucks for me that those running aren't doing that this year, because then I'd actually have to listen to the “debates” which will be more likely just
mud-slinging at each other.
“Omg!! my opponent is a TOTAL moron for believing/or being against this and that! let me tell you why he's a TOTAL MORON…it's because his beliefs that the policies that he wants up and running is shit.. blah blah blah..”

it's pretty much like that at every debate come elections. :rolls eyes:
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 7:39PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
I'm under voting age anyway. I'd go Democrat if it weren't for the war. I'm pretty new at politics so I only think I know what I'm talking about.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
ozoneocean at 5:18AM, Feb. 15, 2007
(online)
But what about going by what you already know of those people? You should know how power hungry and yet conservative Hilary Clinton seems to be… Obama is such a golden boy and he's been making a name for himself for quite a long while now. McCain SHOULD be well known to you because he ran last time as well as being very active in the current administration. Rudolph Juliani (who I'm not entirely sure is even running) was a republican governor for New York for years, even during the events of the eleventh of September (where he did indeed try and extend his term using those events as justification). I can't believe you guys have no opinions about them based of what is so widely known about these people in ordinary news every day…

It's bizarre o_O

Aurora Moon at 5:48AM, Feb. 15, 2007
(offline)
well, you may tend to get a clearer view on this sort of thing than some americans may get…

because over here, the news and info on them tends to get smudged and blurred a fair bit by all the supposedly “info” that thier oppentment gives out to the masses that's more or less mud-slinging… and add on to the fact that plenty of those negative data is also carried by the news media, which is really biased towards certain things.

they even say plenty of things on obama that makes him less of a golden boy.. like they're saying that he's bringing in the race card to make people elect him, which almost makes me dislike him a little bit, because I'm tired of people always bringing the race card.

And other stuff like that.
subcultured at 7:53AM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
whoever it is, it probably won't be this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bUJYJIqFI00
J
Phantom Penguin at 8:24AM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
Yup that guys out of the race.

I would like Mccain to win if he wasn't such a lap dog, his whole goal in life is to please the people above him.

Obama got ripped on by the PM of Aussieland. Thats gotta be worth soemthing. right?
ozoneocean at 9:57AM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
John Howard is a moron. But it's rather funny that a couple of years ago during our elections that GWB made exactly the same statements about the leader of the left-wing party running against John Howard. That's rather coincidental… Perhaps he was just returning the favour?

Phantom Penguin at 5:34PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
Theres a guy from Michigan i forget his name. Hes also a mormon.

Enough said.
ccs1989 at 3:59PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
I'm definitely going to vote for Obama when November 5th, 2008 arrives, if he is in the race. If not, I'll vote for whatever other democratic candidate there is running, because god knows they'll be better than McCain, Juliani, or whoever else the Repubs put in power.

I REALLY don't trust McCain though. The guy has a short temper. Not the kind of guy you want in a leadership position.

I'm definitely rooting for Obama. I just hope people aren't stupid enough to think that because his name is “Barack Obama” that he's somehow affiliated with “Osama”.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Phantom Penguin at 6:55PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(offline)
Right now i don't support anyone.

Obama is popular but the only thing hes said is that he wants troops out of Iraq ASAP. Which works with around 97% of the population.

But hes going to have to say a bit more before he gets me on the band wagon.
subcultured at 7:12PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
ccs1989
I just hope people aren't stupid enough to think that because his name is “Barack Obama” that he's somehow affiliated with “Osama”.

oh yea?
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/QFaUaiUDBXM
J
ccs1989 at 7:51PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I've seen that video before and I'm amazed at how ignorant people are. Hopefully as the elections heat up people will start seeing that Obama is not “Osama”.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Phantom Penguin at 10:11PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(offline)
I wonder how Obama feels with being split screened with the most wanted man in the world
haha
subcultured at 11:08AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/YjIfaMwIFxU
i'd vote for him just to piss off these guys
J
Priest_Revan at 12:13AM, Feb. 19, 2007
(offline)
It's either Hilary or Obama.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
rengori at 2:49AM, Feb. 19, 2007
(offline)
I personally think that everyone's jumping the gun, it's still like 20 months till elections.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
ozoneocean at 4:42AM, Feb. 19, 2007
(online)
You should know about these people anyway rengori. They're all in the news, they all have real histories that are very public and most of us can remember very clearly (apart from Obama and Romney).

-Come on people, debate and discus… Posting videos without much comment isn't much for discussion Sub, and the rest of you with single line stuff, that's pretty empty.

The trouble with Obama seems to be he's being fast-tracked to the big time. All the rest have been around in politics for a while, but it seems he's a prime front runner all of a sudden, like he's being manufactured for the role… But then they manufacture them ALL for the role and turn them into horrible fake parody people with cartoon families. One could almost think that Homer Simpson would make an ideal candidate.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Gregory at 8:09PM, Feb. 19, 2007
(online)
I couldn't see myself voting for Hillary. We've had two children of presidents in office before, neither of which were very good. (Things don't change 200 years later, do they?) We've never had a spouse of a president hold that position, so it might be different. She's had too much pandering for my tastes. The whole cashing in on the name recognition thing is no good, and using Bill for publicity and buying political “kickbacks” rubs me the wrong way.

Barack seems like a decent guy. I certainly can't say anything bad about him, and I think that's what makes him the most appealing candidate so far. He's young and ambitious, an advocate of change. Not having much experience with politics might be his greatest asset in office, and certainly a change of pace from the ridiculous politics that have been going on so far. (Bolton for U.N. representative? Nice…) Of course, “not experienced enough” is a bad way of saying “young and energetic.” Also, he's got enough charisma and good looks to choke a grizzly. If he was nominated by his party, he would secure almost every female and minority vote, hands down. Also, the young demographic would probably be in full force on his side as well. But, I guess those are all traditionally Democratic demographics anyways.

As for McCain, he's hit and miss with me. He's been the Senator for my state for God knows how many years (since before I've been voting), and I've always known him to be a moderate republican. A lot of this recent political pandering has put me off, however, but that's because moderation in the Republican party is getting harder and harder to find. He doesn't have any like-minded members in his party. But he did stand up to Bush months back on the torture legislation he tried to push through, and God bless him for that. If I saw more of a mindset that wasn't blatantly following party lines at times, I'd be more supportive.

Barry Hess in 2008!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
reconjsh at 11:52AM, Feb. 22, 2007
(online)
I don't really feel like debating each candidate, but I will say that it's a dead-lock for McCain.

McCain is a moderate conservative with liberal tendencies on social issues. He's a POW war veteran with proven leadership ability. He is known for ignoring party lines and getting things done.

The election will come down to 1) Iraq War and how to have a happy ending for Americans 2) human rights (ie abortion, homosexuality, etc) 3) government spending. These are my predictions for the 3 key issues of the 2008 election. This being said,

1) McCain's plan for Iraq appeals to both liberals and conservatives… he wants us out, but not at the cost of leaving Iraq a mess-pile. The 2008 winning candidate will campaign on withdrawl.
2) Abortion is big for rebulicans and McCain is pro-life/anti-abortion. Gay rights are big for democrats and McCain pro-gay right/anti-legislating against homosexuality. He also splits the board on other social issues like… anit-death penalty and pro enviroment… with a heavy emphasis on global warming… which he does alot to politize how horrible it is. Since this is the big one that won it for Bush Jr (the christian right) McCain is moderate enough where he can appeal to the christian right but liberal enough that democrats will see him as a respectable alternative to people like Bush Jr.
3) As a republiccan, McCain is all about small government and less government spending… especially in Iraq but while maintaining government control on necessary issues. This will appeal to republicans and democrats alike.

McCain is truely a good candidate and I have no doubt he'll easily win the republican primary and also the national election. Pair McCain with a liberal disguised as a republican running mate like Guilliani… or perhaps even a moderate democrat like John Edwards and you've got a sinch.

Mccain is without peer in integrity and morals in D.C. and he's respected by both sides. It's only recently that other candidates SEEM like frontrunners because the democrats have all started their campaigns already. But once that dust settles, and everyone has been running for awhile, i.e. this time 2008, then it'll be obvious who's the real frontrunner… McCain… the frontrunner since 2002 (which is a shame that he couldn't of ran in 2004 because of the incombant)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved