Random Discussion

The Nobel peace Prize.
seventy2 at 8:29PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
is given to people who “pledge to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.” Barak Hussein Obama

isn't the reduction of nuclear arms part of the cold war stand down procedures?

in the next 4 years i pledge to be a better person, go back in time and stop the russians from achieving nuclear power, thus avoiding the 30 year cold war.

Can i get a courtesy vote?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Gillespie at 9:48PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
Sure I'll vote for ya
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
ozoneocean at 10:02PM, Oct. 9, 2009
(online)
seventy2
go back in time and stop the russians from achieving nuclear power, thus avoiding the 30 year cold war.
The nuclear balance kept things quiet. You can already see what happens when one power (the US) is unconstrained by an equal opponent, you'd like 30 years of that? o_O

Nobel prize for worst warmonger maybe. -_-

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
seventy2 at 7:49AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
The nuclear balance kept things quiet. You can already see what happens when one power (the US) is unconstrained by an equal opponent, you'd like 30 years of that? o_O

hmmm….it also got us into space and to the moon…i didn't really think this thru…

like nominating a person for their achievements in World peace, only 11 days after they took office.

(for those of you who don't know, this post is a bash against Obama's nobel peace prize win…i should have made that clear in the first post)
facara
Custard Trout at 8:39AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
like nominating a person for their achievements in World peace, only 11 days after they took office.

Well after a certain somebody declared war on everyone and their grandmother, I'm not surprised if going eleven days without doing so looks really good in comparison.

Those prizes are a joke now anyway. Wasn't the previously mentioned certain somebody nominated for one?

Edit: ‘Barak Hussein Obama’? Shit, I never knew you were a racist idiot on top of being a regular idiot.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
lothar at 9:37AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
LOL. its like americans are trying to see just how stupid they can look. first they're protesting against fixing their broken healthcare system and now they're all complaining when the world trys to honor their president.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
seventy2 at 12:37PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
Edit: ‘Barak Hussein Obama’? Shit, I never knew you were a racist idiot on top of being a regular idiot.

whoa….how's that racist? is it because i forgot the II because he's a junior?

also, bush made the same promises of dismantling the worlds nuclear weapons. but he didn't get a nobel in his first 11 days…

just saying

so did clinton.
facara
humorman at 12:59PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
Custard Trout

also, bush made the same promises of dismantling the worlds nuclear weapons. but he didn't get a nobel in his first 11 days…

just saying

so did clinton.

So you're saying Bush is better than Obama? Racist…

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Custard Trout at 1:40PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
seventy2

Uh. . . I should apologise for that. I didn't realise that his middle name actually was ‘Hussein’. I thought it was a bad joke.

I'm an idiot.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
bravo1102 at 1:45PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
This is going to come back and bite the USA in the ass.

I did like the one remark about Obama being able to defy gravity now. Hmmm… Ephaba, Obama?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Product Placement at 1:50PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
'Hussein'
That's why so many people claim that he's a Muslim because his name isn't Christian enough.

When I heard that he had received the Nobel peace price I myself found that it was odd decision. He hasn't even been in office for a full year and allot of his pretty speeches hasn't taken effect. Yes, he's promised to reduce Nuclear armaments. Yes, he's promoting green energy. Yes, he wants to improve relations with the Muslim nations. Yes, he wants to stabilize the middle east and bring the troops home. However, he hasn't succeeded at these things yet. He's gonna be around for at least 4 years. Lets see what he's going to accomplish before rewarding him with the most prestigious award on the planet.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
seventy2 at 1:50PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Custard Trout
Uh. . . I should apologise for that. I didn't realise that his middle name actually was ‘Hussein’. I thought it was a bad joke.

I'm an idiot.

it's cool, i thought other people were being funny with the hussein for a while, since everyone was like “he's muslim”

——————————

my favorite quote, which i'm probably misconstruing by a lot is the:

“in three years time, it may be too late”. which was a response by one of the judges when asked why he got it, when he hasn't done anything.

basically “we want to bring attention to his goals and actions now, because in three years, it may be too late”
facara
bravo1102 at 1:55PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
seventy2

“in three years time, it may be too late”. which was a response by one of the judges when asked why he got it, when he hasn't done anything.

basically “we want to bring attention to his goals and actions now, because in three years, it may be too late”

Because Seoul, Tokyo, LA, Israel and Washington DC will be smoking holes in the ground?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
humorman at 2:11PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
bravo1102
seventy2

Because Seoul, Tokyo, LA, Israel and Washington DC will be smoking holes in the ground?

Wrong. Because some idiot might pull a JWB/LHO by the end of his term.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
mr_thin at 2:47PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(offline)
lothar
LOL. its like americans are trying to see just how stupid they can look.

Hey! Don't make fun of our national pastime! I think we're all just bitter because we thought Beyoncé should have won.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Product Placement at 3:15PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
mr_thin
Hey! Don't make fun of our national pastime! I think we're all just bitter because we thought Beyoncé should have won.
Well she did have one of the best videos of all time. OF ALL TIME!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lba at 11:29AM, Oct. 11, 2009
(online)
I kind of have to agree with seventy2's sentiments on this one. I don't have anything against the guy particularly, but this takes the whole idol worship thing people have been doing a bit far. And maybe I'm in the minority for my belief that I want to see something actually happen before we start singing a guy's praises, but I get tired of hearing how great someone is for just existing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
ParkerFarker at 9:06PM, Oct. 11, 2009
(online)
Yeah, I agree that it seems a little too soon to be giving him this award, but I'm cool with it. I just don't understand why the U.S. hasn't destroyed their vast amounts of nuclear weapons. That's what I'd do if I was Iran, I'd be all like “Yo, America, I'll destroy my nukes if you do”.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
seventy2 at 10:40PM, Oct. 11, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
"Yo, America, I'll stop building my nukes if you destroy yours".

fixed.

home security man. they day you throw out your weapon, is the day you get robbed.
facara
Product Placement at 5:10AM, Oct. 12, 2009
(online)
Yeah, but doesn't America (and Russia as well) have enough nukes to carpet bomb the entire planet 10 times over? That's like having a T-Rex for a guard dog and you have to constantly be dealing with him eating your neighbors. Why have 10.000 when 10 can easily do the job?

On that regard I'm kinda thankful towards Nukes (although Japan might disagree). While the potential for destruction is immense, the reality that we're just one war away from ending us all has helped humanity grow up a little. Before the Nuke came along, Europe was almost a constant conflict zone. Now it's unified. The mayor nations around the world put that much more effort into diplomacy today because they don't want to end up with a conflict that could escalate into nuclear exchange.

Nukes are in a way, our biggest gamble. Without nukes, war becomes acceptable. Civilian casualties isn't that dramatic and cities that are lost can be retaken. Nukes changed the rules. Thankfully, we learned to play by them.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 5:40AM, Oct. 12, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Without nukes, war becomes acceptable.
It's been acceptable pretty much forever in Afghanistan.
Say what you will about the Taliban, but they did bring an end to war for quite an interval. -_-

Nukes might be a bit of a doomsday weapon, but the other issue with them is the “push button” syndrome- someone sitting in comfort 1000's of miles away to rain death on thousands. We have that on a smaller scale though with Remote operated vehicles, where contractors in the US can wake up in the suburbs, drive to work and kill an entire Afghan family while drinking coffee and eating donuts. Then go home and have a good night's sleep.

…It has happened and will again.

In that scenario I tend to think some crazy f**ker with a bomb strapped to his stomach is the more human and honourable… At least they're making a real sacrifice for their evil end.

————————

But enough of this morbid crap! The thread's about the noble prize.

Well, for a start it's a massive honour for any country to have that awarded to their leader for whatever reason. If people are being dicks about it, you personally owe Kanye West both money and sex.

seventy2 at 2:29PM, Oct. 12, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Well, for a start it's a massive honour for any country to have that awarded to their leader for whatever reason. If people are being dicks about it, you personally owe Kanye West both money and sex.

hey ozone, did you hear? i'm getting featured…even tho i haven't updated in over a year, and even then i hadnt kept a regular update schedule except for the first 3 months…

but i pledge to start updating, and having them in the same quality as everyone else on drunkduck.
facara
Croi Dhubh at 3:21PM, Oct. 12, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
is given to people who “pledge to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.” Barak Hussein Obama

in the next 4 years i pledge to be a better person, go back in time and stop the russians from achieving nuclear power, thus avoiding the 30 year cold war.

You also have to be an extremist, radically left-wing, anti-capitalism, anti-American, too, obviously.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Mr Lostman at 11:54PM, Oct. 13, 2009
(offline)
Croi Dhubh
seventy2

You also have to be an extremist, radically left-wing, anti-capitalism, anti-American, too, obviously.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
ozoneocean at 7:21AM, Oct. 14, 2009
(online)
seventy2
hey ozone, did you hear? i'm getting featured…even tho i haven't updated in over a year, and even then i hadnt kept a regular update schedule except for the first 3 months…

but i pledge to start updating, and having them in the same quality as everyone else on drunkduck.
You're missing a vital ingredient-
The person getting featured would have to represent DD and lots and lots of people would have to be aware of that fact and realy, really, really love them.

…so that award would goes to Skoolmunkee, obviously :)

Croi Dhubh
anti-American, too, obviously.
Obama? o_O
WTF? He's to the right of every centrist politician in the world outside of the US. He's even to the right of the current British Conservative party.

You're confusing Obama with Noam Chomsky. ;)

…BTW, Kanye West is waiting for his monnies and happy fun sex times from you two ^^

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved