Random Discussion

The Sun Disappeared
ParkerFarker at 1:39AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
This is the strangest thing. It's completely true.
I had to get up at 5:45 this one day because My mum, sister, and I were going to Sydney. I got up and at 6:14 (I looked at the clock) my mum called me into her room because she could see the sun rising. It was really pretty because the sun was rising over this mountain and it contrasted with this dark blue sky. So I watched it for a bit and then left and I came back a 6:22 to see how far it had moved. I look out the window and it was gone. Just not there. I called my mum in to confirm that my eyes weren't acting up. There were no clouds. It had just disappeared. So I go to another window to look out(it was a bigger window) and see if I could see it, and it wasn't there. But I turn around, and opposite that window is the front door. Through which I could see the bright sun rising. I saw the sun rise, from the West, and disappear, only to see it rise, again, from the East.

If that was a bit too wordy, here's an msPaint overhead of the house

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
SplicerParade at 10:30AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(offline)
A wizard did it.

Seriously though, that is pretty damned cool. Now I wanna know what would cause that kind of - well, I'm guessing optical illusion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
therealtj at 2:37PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
Yeah, about that… You're actually just a part of this computer world I've been developing. I wanted to save this big reveal for later, but it looks like the one time the program screws up you notice. After the game deleted the sun in a malfunction, I had to put it back in, but I accidently clicked the west.

And before anyone else asks, yes, you are all a part of this program.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
ParkerFarker at 6:09PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
make me rich and I won't tell anyone about this.

And yeah, I was so confused. I thought it might've been the moon but it was too large and bright. (btw, on that msPaint picture the West is on the top, the East the bottom)

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved