Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Zombie invasion is upon us, choose your weapons!
Generic Human at 8:11PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
The bat is a metal version of what was almost certainly the first weapon ever used by man… the club. That's why it's so great. It's so easy a geico caveman could use it.

I will concede that some edged weapons would be better than a bat.

But I think you're mistaken about swords, katanas in particular. A katana isn't going to yield the results you see in movies or even those you see authentic weilders getting. Because a sword - katana - is a weapon that is effective only when used with proper technique. Sure, I can pick up any sword and swing and kill a person. But I'm definitly not going to be able to lop off heads of zombies without an awesome swing.

And you'll most probably never get an “awesome swing” by just picking it up and practicing with it.

But I digress.

I would still love to fight with you though. I can appreciate anyone that thinks things through and that'd be the type of person I'd want to roll with. And with your mad head lopping abilities and my… um, sissy red wiffle bat, we'd be unstoppable.

A Greataxe… now there's a weapon I'd be all for. I'm built for weilding a greataxe. And tall and big… I just didn't include it on my list because I don't have one.

And there's also the practicality of sharpening, oiling/cleaning to prevent rust, having a blade around during the not zombie times and potentially hurting someone or yourself… etc etc. And for me, put up against a bat. Meh.

The simplest solution is usually the best.

But the club wasn't too effective, was it? That's why they invented the sword. ^.^

I think you're missing what I'm saying. I didn't say that I could pick up a katana and be infused with the mastery of it. I'm not saying that I'm uber cool and going to slice and dice zombies with the skill of a ninja. But come on…when pressed, human adaption can be quite impressive. It wouldn't take too long to figure the most effective way for me swing my sword to hit a zombie the right way. It doesn't mean that I would be using the sword the right way, but an effective way for myself. It's like having the sight off on your bow. You adjust yourself to the way you fire it, aiming to the left or whatever of your target. Or maybe you're bow is too heavy, you can only pull forty pounds but you ended up with a sixty pound draw bow. so you move in closer to your target, and don't pull the bow back all the way. You adapt to the situation, it doesn't matter if you're technique is correct by other people's standards as long as it keeps you alive.

And a great axe would prolly be way to heavy to be of use on the run. If you're going to keep mobile, your weapons should be light, and easy to attack with so you don't wear yourself out. You have to stop and rest, zombies don't. And it's true that with an edged weapon you would have to clean and sharpen it, which would be a drawback, but not a huge one. Those supplies shouldn't be too hard to come by.

Sub:You and I would make a crazy zombie fighting team.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Generic Human at 8:12PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
And I realize that I'm prolly putting far too much thought into this…-feels like a loser-
reconjsh at 8:26PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
You're right. The sword would own. And most people could figure it out and even become proficient at it, given the proper “motivations”. lol.

Someone
But the club wasn't too effective, was it? That's why they invented the sword. ^.^

That's a bit of a fallacy. Just because people created swords doesn't mean that club “wasn't too effective”.

Hell, the feudal japanese Bushi sometimes ornate and sometimes not, it was used because of its undenable nature - it was great at smashing stuff.

The club owns. Even a fatigued and scared valley girl on her cell phone can understand the concept of the club/bat. And, there's a chance she could kill some zombies with it too given the proper motivation.

But I'm with you… we're putting too much thought into this. But don't feel like a loser. At least you have some sweet comics… that I'm sure you could have advanced a page or two if you didn't spend so much time argueing with real losers like me in the forums, lol.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Generic Human at 8:35PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
You're right. The sword would own. And most people could figure it out and even become proficient at it, given the proper “motivations”. lol.

Someone

That's a bit of a fallacy. Just because people created swords doesn't mean that club “wasn't too effective”.

Hell, the feudal japanese Bushi sometimes ornate and sometimes not, it was used because of its undenable nature - it was great at smashing stuff.

The club owns. Even a fatigued and scared valley girl on her cell phone can understand the concept of the club/bat. And, there's a chance she could kill some zombies with it too given the proper motivation.

But I'm with you… we're putting too much thought into this. But don't feel like a loser. At least you have some sweet comics… that I'm sure you could have advanced a page or two if you didn't spend so much time argueing with real losers like me in the forums, lol.

i put that in there as a joke, which I should have explained better than “^.^” because the rest wasn't jokingly.

Although I think that a fatigued and scared valley girl could understand the concept of a sword too. In amature cases, it works the same as a bat. You swing it.
reconjsh at 8:44PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
LOL, I kinda figured you were joking… but who knows these days =P

Concept for killing zombies with a club/bat: Swing bat as hard as you can at head. Repeat if necessary.
Concept for killing zombies with a katana: Slightly more complex. ;)

But whatever. The valley girl can have my bat… for a price *wink wink* I'm keeping my shotgun.

And I'll gladly sell my shotgun for a reliable pair of boots with good padding so I can run far and long while you guys hack and slash.

Man, I dream about being in a zombie scenario. Is it bad that I would actually enjoy it? (probably only enjoy it conceptually. In actuality I'd be pooing me draws)
Will at 11:39PM, March 7, 2007
(online)
1. okay, theres this vehicle in UT2004 that has two helicopter rudders for wheels, sorta like a hovercar… i think it is called a hopper.
reason being with a simple tilt up you can just chop up all the zombies in your way XD

2. can of fuel

3. can of fuel

4. can of fuel

…then i guess i'm stuffed…
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
WingNut at 11:56PM, March 7, 2007
(offline)
Ok, Generic Human, you too have made it onto my zombie killing team.

And don't feel bad kiddo's, I'm the one who started this durn thread! This is stuff I'm constantly thinking about, my girlfriend and I actually hardly eat at the local panera bread anymore because of a conversation that we had there. Because it would, and I quote, “blow during a zombie invasion.”

You're among friends here. ;D

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Adariel at 11:59PM, March 7, 2007
(offline)
1. death scythe
2. billowing cape
3. ultra cool shades
4. soul calibur - zasalamel moves

i dunno about you guys, but im doing it with style

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
herio at 12:40AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
Crazy Dutchman
My socks…… nothing more
do the hokepokey It hipnotzes the zombie bums socks kill senchantor I have to stop reeding that book.
heres mine

Rocket launcher: case I just likesem and they can really nockem dead
Normal guns: i dont know eny names
long Sword: there sharp

I likes how things can go cabbom but I like the old school zombie fighting but l'll go with the guy with the tank zombies freak me out then again children of men now that creepy And a base ball but is Pont less yes you can kill one or 2 at a time but there are 50 or more by by

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
WingNut at 12:43AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
Zombie Slayers, ASSSSEEEMMMBBBLLLEE!

Done ultra fast in photoshop, but hey, it's still a fun picture. ;D

-W
herio at 12:44AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
WingNut

-W
i think your eanmys over there thats a puppy eny way good work

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Freux at 12:47AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
A pogo stick and an endless supply of chihuahuas.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
CorruptComics at 12:56AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
subcultured
milla jovovich

Bruce Campbell>Milla Jovovich
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
Generic Human at 4:12AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
WingNut

-W

…What's really crazy about this picture is that today, I am indeed wearing my Zombie Food tee shirt. I thought it appropiate when I woke up the s'morning. O_o
LIZARD_B1TE at 4:18AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
OK, new list:

Cricket Bat

Shovel

That Shotgun from DMC that apparently never runs out of ammo

Chickens. Lots and lots of Chickens.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
artisthazzard at 5:36AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
Things I want to have during Zombie Invasion.

1: Redneck Truck A.K.A. Muddn Truck
2: Shotgun with buckshot ammo
3: Flame thrower
4: Llama .45
And for shitz and gigglz a bo staff
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
subcultured at 5:42AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
CorruptComics
subcultured
milla jovovich

Bruce Campbell>Milla Jovovich

what? no way!
bruce will probably make out with milla, thus ending my fantasty of last man on earth scenario with milla =)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
reconjsh at 7:57AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
WingNut

-W

You just whipped that up? DAMN! Can I be a zombie squad member? I'll bring my d20s and my Wizard magazine pile.

Someone
what? no way!
bruce will probably make out with milla, thus ending my fantasty of last man on earth scenario with milla =)

Bruce Campbell would definitely be scoring my Milla. But it's cool, I'd be honored being in a 3-way with Bruce. I mean, ITS BRUCE CAMBELL!

Erm, did I really just type that?

What I meant to type was:
Dude - I'd totally bring a bazooka.
josif at 8:01AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
Cant we just all hide in the Drunkduck nuclear bunker and wait for the zombies brains to decompose?
Your Reading Skills Have Increased By Two Points.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
exalted1 at 8:19AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
Supplies?

Combat hatchet (saw a thing on discovery where a guy with a sword and shield went against a guy with a war hatchet, the guy with the hatchet kept making swordy his beeatch bc the hatchet is faster, it does sacrifice reach for speed but since i'm barricaded in my house it would be better for what i need it for.)

lots of house-hold cleaning supplies: the ultimate cornucopia of mayhem for anyone with any talent for chemistry. (i heard that combining brake fluid and those de-odourant pucks you put in toilets go off like a big nasty flare, anyone know if that's true?)

a bear-wreslting suit: in event of zombies getting in, hop in the suit and laugh as they impotently gnaw at you, get bored and go away.

finally: enough food to last till the Canadian winter hits and the zombies all freeze solid, suck it people who live closer to the equator :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
reconjsh at 8:22AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
If we're talking fantasy weapons… how about the LANCER from Gears of War. It's the main weapon that's an automatic assault rifle with like 700 round magazines and a CHAIN SAW bayonet! That'd be a decent mo-fo.
AQua_ng at 8:55AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
-A bicycle.
-ACME super slippy oil.
-Mirrors.
-Mewtwo.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
kingofsnake at 9:20AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
1. Battery Operated Nail Gun: Nails are going to be WAY easier to find than bullets (if your pressed you can rip a few out of the wall.) A three inch nail that sticks into the body is going to slow them down more than a bullet that goes through them, and if it can imbed a nail into a two-by-four it can imbed it into their brain. And when you find a running electrical source you can just charge and go.

2. Flint-light Blowtorch: The only thing I've ever seen a zombie react to negatively is fire, and theres no better way to take care of ‘em for good than burning them till they’re a crispity crunchety skeleton. It's more renewable and managable than a flamethrower, its got a significantly bigger hotter fire than a regular lighter, and it turns regular stuff you have around like alchohol, batteries, and aerosol spray cans in to zombiesbane

3. Mallet: You're not going to be able to do much with a knife. Sure you can cut them but that doesn't stop zombies. And you're not going to be able to slice through bone in one stroke no matter what they tell you in the movies. Your better off with something blunt. A bat is too slow and big if you're in close, once they are close to you, you can't get enough force behind the swing to do any damage. You're better off just crushing their skill with one solid shot. And it's better than a regular hammer because the straight sides make it less likely to get stuck in the skull after the hit. Also, I'd recommend cutting gloves, which are basically chainmail, and can be found in most chain restaraunts, or cooking stores. Nothing sucks more than becoming a zombie because they bit your hand in an otherwise wound-free close combat fight.

4. 22 caliber rifle: The last choice is the hardest. Ammo for this is pretty easy to find (they have ‘em in walmart for chrissakes) and its a good long range weapon, when I’m fighting zombies I'm usually inside a building though, so longrange weaponry isn't a high priority. And if you're outside, I'd really rather have razor-wire to set up a perimeter or heard the zombies in a particular direction where they'd bottle neck and be easy pickin's. It IS slower than a handgun but, once you run out of bullets, a handgun is basically useless, while a rifle you can at least swing at them as they close in on you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
WingNut at 9:26AM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
reconjsh
You just whipped that up? DAMN! Can I be a zombie squad member? I'll bring my d20s and my Wizard magazine pile.

Son, That IS you. Remember? You get to be on my team. And due to the fact that I had no idea what you look like, I figured a freakishly buff dude wielding a bat wouldn't dissapoint.

Interesting side note actually, my friends and I have constructed a pen and paper zombie apocolypse game. It's really simple, wonderfully fun, and character generation takes all of like 5 minutes, as opposed to the 4 hours that DD

-W
acadia at 9:43AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
I would recommend to everyone in this thread the movie ‘Shaun of the Dead’

Perfect example of the slowmoving zombie apocalypse and the weapons involved.

Seriously.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
reconjsh at 9:59AM, March 8, 2007
(online)
Wingnut - “All Flesh Must Be Eaten” is a good, quick paper and dice RPG game that's worth checking out. I have it and it's not bad… covers the whole gambit of zombie scenarios (fast, slow, radioactive, viral, intelligent, etc etc). I'd love for you to send me your game though, it'd be fun to scope.

Also, that's a kewl picture of me. I can probably find a photo of me that's not too far from that. I've got light brown hair (blondish in the summer), I'm 6'5" and 260 lbs, though I admit some of that weight is from being a fat and lazy graphic designer… but I do work out and play basketball regularly, so it's not like I'm a lump either. And I'm sure I can find some old dog tags of mine laying around someplace. Of coure, I'm probably a bit older than you guys at my ripe age of 26 ;)

So I guess the next logical thing is, where is Raccoon city so we can release the strain and get this this show on the road!?

Alexis at 1:06PM, March 8, 2007
(offline)
If they are the “Return of the Liiving Dead” braaaaaaiiinnns kind of xombies then there's nothing you can do. If they are the kind that can be stopped I would start with a Machete. Second maybe some kind of flail. I don't know about a projectile weapon, I don't think they would do a whiole lot of good on the undead. It's like when you play D&D, the bow and arrow doesn't do much on the undead, because you would have to be a great shot and sever the spine.

I big heavy car or tank is a must, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
suzi at 2:18PM, March 8, 2007
(online)
omg what a great thread! I love the discussion, I just read all of it and I don't even know how i could possibly comment on everything I want to.

First of all, I'd want something heavy and blunt. Not too heavy, because I'm a weakling. But then you sacrifice effectiveness, because a blunt weapon has to have a lot of force behind it.

I'm not creative enough to come up with an entire list, but my personal choice is a nice big Kukri:

They were originally designed for lopping off heads (there were/are also really big ones for decapitating livestock). The end gets wider (and thicker) to add momentum. It's easy to learn (I can slice through a big pumpkin in one swipe, and I've only wielded a kukri on two or three occasions), small enough to run around with, but heavy for a knife its size, and looks bad ass.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
rococo at 2:20PM, March 8, 2007
(online)
Primary plan of action:
20 aerosols of hairspray and/or deodorant; full Zippo lighter.

Secondary plan of action:

CHTULHU.

Job done. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:46PM, March 8, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
So I guess the next logical thing is, where is Raccoon city so we can release the strain and get this this show on the road!?

WHAT? No, no, no. We're talking just zombies here. You release the RE Viruses and we have to deal with undead dogs, lickers, tyrants, giant moths, G-Mutants, and other crazy stuff! Zombies I can handle, but as soon as those things start showing up, I'm totally screwed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon