Debate and Discussion

They're doing WHAT?
Custard Trout at 7:16AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
What the hell do they think they are doing?

As I'm sure some of you have heard by now, the government in all their wisdom are thinking about rising the legal drinking age in the UK from 18 to 21.

What would that solve? Nothing. It'd probably make the problem worse, because all the 18's who know it's their right to drink whether it's legal or not are going to do it anyway, which would lead to an increase in underage drinking. Hell, I'm seventeen, I've been looking forward to my eighteenth so I can finally drink in pubs without paying someone else to get it for me (yup, already we have proof that this law is utterly pointless). If they do this, I'm going to become an alcoholic just out of spite.

A lot of the arguments I was going to make are raised in the comments on the page I linked to at the top, so make sure you read those.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
subcultured at 7:27AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
i thought this was something important.
drinking is not as fun as people say it is, after a while it gets boring.

drink, buzz, drunk, throw up. repeat

by raising it to 21 less teenagers will drink. not a lot of them would risk getting arrested. maybe they'll do something better with their time. like studying.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Custard Trout at 7:54AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
i thought this was something important.
drinking is not as fun as people say it is, after a while it gets boring.

drink, buzz, drunk, throw up. repeat

by raising it to 21 less teenagers will drink. not a lot of them would risk getting arrested. maybe they'll do something better with their time. like studying.

I have a feeling you didn't understand my side of the argument.

Everybody under 21 I have discussed this with say they are going to drink at eighteen whether it's legal or not, some (including me) have even stated that they are going to drink more out of spite. So rising the age will only make it worse.

We have the right to vote and drive, why don't we have the right to drink?
subcultured at 7:55AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
because drinking while driving/voting is bad

drinking poisons your body
J
SpANG at 8:17AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
We have the right to vote and drive, why don't we have the right to drink?
Don't forget “defend my country”. That also gets a lot of play here in the states. ;)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Custard Trout at 8:33AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
SpANG
Don't forget “defend my country”. That also gets a lot of play here in the states.

This isn't about the states, but good point, if I can do that then surely I'm responsible enough to drink.

subcultured
because drinking while driving/voting is bad

drinking poisons your body

It's the principle of the thing, they are trying to control us by passing these inane laws which no one is going to obey.

I should have the right to poison myself if I want to, that's the point I'm trying to get across.

You have however, proven something I was considering. The only people who are going to agree with this law are the people who don't drink anyway.
subcultured at 8:46AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
i drink, but i don't get why this issue is so important.
wow drinking alcohol…it's not a big deal.

why do you feel the need to drink? and don't give me because we can vote/drive argument.
J
Vagabond at 8:47AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Whoa, wait; driving is a “right” now? I'm pretty sure that's a privilege. But that's besides the point.

If there's a dramatically rising rate of alcohol-related accidents, then yes, something should be done. I don't really know if it'll all just go away just because the age is raised, but it's certainly the cheapest way to try. The only other way I can think of is to try and raise awareness of alcoholism through mandatory classes or something… but we all know no one pays attention in those anyway. : P
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Custard Trout at 9:23AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
Vagabond
Whoa, wait; driving is a “right” now? I'm pretty sure that's a privilege. But that's besides the point.

If there's a dramatically rising rate of alcohol-related accidents, then yes, something should be done. I don't really know if it'll all just go away just because the age is raised, but it's certainly the cheapest way to try. The only other way I can think of is to try and raise awareness of alcoholism through mandatory classes or something… but we all know no one pays attention in those anyway. : P

Yes driving is a right, I don't, but I could if I wanted to. Therefore it's a right.

And yes, it is the cheapest way to try, but it will not work. I can easily sit in a pub and drink myself to death even though I'm underage by standards now, passing the law would be a waste of time and effort and all it will do is piss people off.

subcultured
i drink, but i don't get why this issue is so important.
wow drinking alcohol…it's not a big deal.

why do you feel the need to drink? and don't give me because we can vote/drive argument.

This is going to seem insulting (and in a way I suppose it is), but you are being very close minded, you are reading what I am writing, but you don't seem to be understanding.

It's the principle. I have said numerous times that I drink now, and I'm underage, as do many people I know. A lot of people are already angry.

If the government think they can tell me when I can drink, then to be frank they can fuck off.
subcultured at 9:31AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
driving is not a right. it's a privilege.
that's why they can stop you from driving if they think you are a danger to yourself or society.

a right is something like “free speech”, being treated equally. why do you think you have to pass a test and be licensed to drive?

the government is trying to stop people from getting killed. i think that gives them a good reason to do it. They don't just up the age limit for kicks or to piss you off.

J
skoolmunkee at 9:39AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
You also have to think about it in the long term. They know that people who are under 21 right now are going to hate the law and get mad about it, but they don't really care about that. In a few years it will be the standard and that's when they expect the laws to start making a difference. They probably aren't realistically expecting people under 21 to stop drinking, they're more likely hoping that they do it in private etc. They want to stop the effects of young drinkers, which would be driving accidents, street violence, noise, etc. If you're 19 and you're allowed to drink, you feel more free to go out and cause trouble than someone who is 19 and has been drinking, but knows they aren't allowed. That and the fact that it will be harder for under-21s to gain access to alcohol at all will mean that the drinking rates are lowered.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Zac at 9:46AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
I'm going to back up Custard here.
European countries have a lower drinking age. USA used to have the 18 year old thing too, until some kid died in a drunken car crash and his mom pretty much forced the government to change the drinking age to 21. Has it changed anything? Are kids not dying in carwrecks anymore because of alcohol?
Unfortuantly they still are. The mentality that alcohol is illegal makes it more of a prize for kids. It's something they seek because it's not available to them. It's a sad truth, but it's there.

Sure you can say, “Drinking is okay, but it's not a big deal”. Still it doesn't change the fact that every weekend kids in the USA are going to parties. These kids are like 15-18. I really personally believe that a lower drinking age would make the "wow'' I have alcohol factor go away.

When I was in Italy, the drinking age was 16. The parents let their kids drink and they could easily go to a pub and drink. It wasn't a big deal there, because people could do it. There aren't people dying from drunk wrecks, there (though they sure are getting in wrecks, because they're terrible drivers in Italy). Just think back to when you were in high school. At least in the states it IS A BIG deal to go drink.

There's not a week that goes by without some drunk underage and legal college kid who gets arrested because of drunk anything. Age doesn't matter. Maybe if we focused more on alcohol education and less on making it illegal, it could have some benefitial effect.

Personally I hate drinking a lot, but I see where Trout's coming from.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
Alexis at 9:50AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
So if you say you are 17 and drinking which makes the law utterly pointless, then will it really be any different if they change the law? And as far as the right to poison yourself, there is no such right. Drugs are illigal, suicide is illegal. I'm not going to give any lectures on drinking, but my thought is that I'm sure there are plenty of people under 21 who are very responsible, and I know there are many people over 21 who are not, it's just really not that big a deal. Personally I didn't start drinking until I was 22. Not because of any laws, but because I needed to get through college in 4 years and work at the same time. There are just more important infringements of justice to worry about, in my opinion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
subcultured at 10:10AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
excessive alcohol is in american/european culture, if you look at advertisment, cartoons, sitcoms, romance. it's saturated with drinking and talking about alcohol.

so if we did away with the legal drinking age, it still wouldn't fix anything.
there probably would be an increase in alcohol realted deaths.

so maybe the proper solution is to give out “drinking license” like “driving license”. they have to be able to take a test, be in class, learn about the dangers of alcohols. have to renew it every 2 years. then maybe, just maybe it will save people's lives.
J
ozoneocean at 10:37AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
That's going too far with legislation… I'd see that as a horrible invasion of personal freedom if we needed drinking licenses. Jeebus.

Looks like I'm with Zac on this issue as well as the DD civil war. Australia has had a legal drinking age of 18 for years and years and we don't have excessive drinking deaths or any other related problems that you can attribute to the drinking age. This is hysteria and cosmetics: attacking a problem purely for the way it looks. Education is the answer. Bring people up responsibly and work to remove the glamour from the idea of drinking, you can do that much more effectively without laws!

I don't know when I took my first drink, I always had a glass of wine at dinner with my parents and occasionally a beer at a party, but it never seemed a big thing to me or even that interesting. I never got a taste for beer and always found it slightly soapy, I haven't got a taste for many fortified drinks either… The only thing I can drink in quantity is wine. But that's beside the point; being exposed to drinking at a young age didn't turn me into a dipsomaniac, or any of my friends into dipsomaniacs either. Now there have been times when I've overdone it at a party, as an adult, with friends, but if you can't over do it then when can you? :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Custard Trout at 10:51AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
Thank you ozone, Zac, and Alexis for not only backing me up but for putting my argument into words far more competently than I ever could.

I'd just like to say that despite the impression I'm apparently giving, I do not drink heavily. I usually have a can or two on Friday if there's a good film on, but no more than that and I've never really been completely rat arsed (partly because I can't afford it).
Black_Kitty at 11:27AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
There are laws against stealing and murder but no politician, judge, or police officer would seriously think that theft and murder will cease to exist just because there are laws in place.

I have never understood the idea behind underage drinking. Well, I can logically understand the idea behind it (the fact that it's illegal makes it more appealing) but I myself have never personally “get it.” Then again, I don't drink. I don't like the taste of alcohol.

This is just speculation on my part but it's very similar to what Skoolmunkee was saying. The law has more of a long term effect then short term. Raising the age may not deter all people under 21 to stop drinking but it will open up more resources for those who enforce the law to do something about it. It will also mean you can't walk into any pub or store and buy alcohol openly. It works on the other end as well. Storeowners and bartenders would be less willing to serve you alcohol if they feel they will be breaking the law. It is not the end all to be all of solutions but I would imagine that such a law is simply meant to be a start.

I'm going to be totally honest about this and I know it may rub people the wrong way but if you're going to drink in excess out of spite, then you're probably not that responsible to begin with.

And personally, I think of driving as a privilege.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
subcultured at 11:28AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
if people can't control themselves, they need someone to. just like bars/hotels have to have a liquor license, they had to have the education to serve beer. so people must be educated on the dangers of the product they are going to introduce to their body.
J
SpANG at 11:37AM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
Thank you ozone, Zac, and Alexis for not only backing me up but for putting my argument into words far more competently than I ever could.

Hey, hey. I'm in agreement too.

In this case, the government is hypocritical, because they say that at 18, you are no longer a dependent, you can go to war, you have to pay taxes, because you are an adult. Then, out of the other side of their mouth they say, “but you aren't adult enough to do this.” It's rather silly.

As I've said before, adults should be able to decide to do whatever they want with their bodies. But I draw no lines in the sand, either. It's all or nothing in my opinion. Be it alcohol, drugs, abortion, suicide, whatever. Irresponsible people that hurt others should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but preemptiveness IS fascism.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Custard Trout at 11:44AM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
if people can't control themselves, they need someone to. just like bars/hotels have to have a liquor license, they had to have the education to serve beer. so people must be educated on the dangers of the product they are going to introduce to their body.

I don't understand you're opening sentence, are you saying control is a good thing? I'd rather have the freedom to die of alcohol poisoning than be a mindless drone.

And yes I agree with the education idea, I just don't think ‘Ban it’ is a good idea.

Black_Kitty
There are laws against stealing and murder but no politician, judge, or police officer would seriously think that theft and murder will cease to exist just because there are laws in place.

I have never understood the idea behind underage drinking. Well, I can logically understand the idea behind it (the fact that it's illegal makes it more appealing) but I myself have never personally “get it.” Then again, I don't drink. I don't like the taste of alcohol.

This is just speculation on my part but it's very similar to what Skoolmunkee was saying. The law has more of a long term effect then short term. Raising the age may not deter all people under 21 to stop drinking but it will open up more resources for those who enforce the law to do something about it. It will also mean you can't walk into any pub or store and buy alcohol openly. It works on the other end as well. Storeowners and bartenders would be less willing to serve you alcohol if they feel they will be breaking the law. It is not the end all to be all of solutions but I would imagine that such a law is simply meant to be a start.

I'm going to be totally honest about this and I know it may rub people the wrong way but if you're going to drink in excess out of spite, then you're probably not that responsible to begin with.

And personally, I think of driving as a privilege.

You and Skoolmunkee both raised very good points, and I find it difficult to argue, but I'm going to try my best.

It's the idea that something is being controlled that gets to me. If you can do this, why not that? Yes it will probably work in the long term, and once the realisation that we can be controlled hits, it'll go even further.

Call me paranoid if you want, but that's the why I feel, and it's not going to change.

Also, you missed the fact that it's rarely the underage actually buying the drink, pub and shop owners will think nothing of selling beer to an adult, they can't control what happens after the buyer has left can they?

And I was kidding about the ‘excess out of spite’ thing.

Chris chris at 2:09PM, March 27, 2007
(online)
We have a drunk duck for a mascot. :P

:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM
skoolmunkee at 3:57PM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
It's the idea that something is being controlled that gets to me. If you can do this, why not that? Yes it will probably work in the long term, and once the realisation that we can be controlled hits, it'll go even further.

Well, to me that seems like a very poor argument against a drinking age law. Everything about living in a society is controlled, both formally and informally. Having a problem with a law because it means that people can make laws is sort of… well, I don't know how to describe what it is other than silly. If you don't like being controlled, go live on a deserted island. :) People don't complain against a law being made about accountancy bylaws because that means other laws about accountancy bylaws might be made. People just take a drinking law personally because it's more likely they'll be personally affected by it. What next, are they going to make laws saying you can't drink while you're at work, or while you're driving? Madness! I have every right to drink wherever and whenever I want!

I think part of the issue here is that alcohol is increasingly being seen as a publicly negative thing - not quite as bad an image as smoking, but more and more lately you see alcohol presented as a social problem and a disease, something people should be protected from. Alcohol is an addictive substance, and according to prevailing laws, addictive substances are generally controlled substances. Alcohol and cigarettes have just lucked out to be the ones that aren't completely illegal. (Or at least, not for much longer.) The people who use alcohol responsibly get defensive about that because they feel restricted by it, but they can't really argue the fact that because alcohol must be used responsibly, some people just shouldn't have access to it. And there's no way to say who that might or might not be.

One of the problems with alcohol is that it impairs judgment, harms the drinker, and very often harms other people - so saying ‘I can vote’ and ‘I can drive’ as reasons why you should be able to drink don't quite match up in my view - those things don't have the same consequences as poor drinking habits. (With the possible exception of driving, but as stated, one must earn a license to prove one's ability to drive responsibly, and that can be taken away if misused.) At 18, you also have the ability to open a bank account in your own name, enter into contracts, and post porn of yourself on the internet, again activities that have little to no potential impact on other people - if you're irresponsible with it, you're the only one who gets hurt. There's no real guarantee that a person can drink responsibly other than the hope that a person's decision making processes and social conscience develop with age. 18 is a pretty arbitrary age for access to any sorts of privileges, it just happens to be around the time a person graduates high school but that doesn't mean anything about their maturity or mental development. It's nice to say that education about alcohol will keep people from behaving badly and being alcoholics, but I imagine it would become an issue like sex education - too controversial to be properly taught in most places.

Many states in the US let people begin driving as young as 14, which personally I feel is insanity. I just don't feel that most people at that age are able to handle all the responsibility of driving, no matter if they've passed the test. Raising the age limit of a potentially dangerous activity, such as driving, or drinking, almost invariably results in positive changes such as fewer road accidents and less alcoholism. I doubt there are any studies out there that say “raising the drinking age to 21 resulted in more deaths and more alcoholism - curse those 18-year olds who drank out of spite when they wouldn't have otherwise!” If someone is going to go drinking out of spite then they are probably not making responsible choices in the first place.

One of the stated reasons in the article for the raised age limit is to try and deter alcoholism etc, which is proven more likely to develop the younger a person begins drinking. Certainly there will always be underage drinkers, but if they can deter even some people from drinking (or even just drinking publicly) with the laws, it's probably a win for them. I personally feel alcohol is seen as much more important in England than America (I've lived in both places) and I'm not always sure how much I like it.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
subcultured at 4:28PM, March 27, 2007
(online)
it's a good law and should be passed. alcohol has a lot of negative effects from liver cirrhosis, dependancy, toxicity, and death. i have had a few patients that had liver cirrohsis and it's not a pretty sight. they have decrease coagulation so they bleed a lot. in the end when the liver is dying it can't process ammonia anymore and can cause it build up in the brain. In the end they loose their mind and has a yellow tinge in their skin.

all an alcoholic needs is a few taste of alcohol and then the addiction is switched on and it is a hard switch to turn off.
J
Black_Kitty at 4:39PM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout

Skoolmunkee pretty much touched upon the points I wanted to get at in response to that. For me it pretty much comes down to that; when you live in a society, a lot of things are controlled. (Oh man I hope I used to the semi-colon properly. O.o That always bothers me.)

Things like assault, theft, and murder are easy to understand. We are all protected by these laws so nobody has a problem being controlled that way. But what about drugs? “Souping up” your car? Even the amount of dogs you can own is controlled (or where I live, what kind of dog you can own as well.)

Which is why I think it's a great idea for everyone to vote. But that's another argument for another day. ^^;;;

Also, you missed the fact that it's rarely the underage actually buying the drink, pub and shop owners will think nothing of selling beer to an adult, they can't control what happens after the buyer has left can they?

Yeah, I'm quite aware of that. That's how my friends got their alcohol back when they were underaged high schoolers. :) But I think that too is illegal. Much like you can't buy cigarettes for teenagers, you can't buy alcohol for teenagers. (I could be wrong though but for sure it's illegal to buy cigarettes for minors.)

But I think the point of making a law in general is kind of missed. People always assume that if they make a law about it, they're expecting 100% compliance. As I said before, people are still stealing and murdering everyday. It doesn't mean that laws against those acts are useless and shouldn't be bothered with…it just means people break the law and if they are caught, they will be charged.

It also means that people who are law-abiding and responsible would adhere to the law and not buy alcohol for minors. Sure you can get an adult to buy you alcohol and cigarettes…but first you'll have to find the adult. My friends never really found an “adult.” They found someone a few years older then them which only goes to show that just because you turned 18, doesn't mean you were visited by the magical maturity fairy. :S

In regards to SpANG's point about the government being hypocritical…in some ways yes and in some ways no. But honestly, I'm a killjoy so if it's that's really the issue then I'm all for upping the age for ALL those activities.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Priest_Revan at 6:40PM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I guess it could be for the better.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
TheTopHat at 1:10PM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
Im 19, i drink but not to a hight amount. However this is pointless because its not the goverment that will get or the back lass about it its the poor sabs behide the conter having to tell poeple that they can onlonger drink. There the poeple who are going to get the crap. There the ones that are going to get shouded at and and beat up.

Supid supid idea. Poeple have been able to drink for being 18 here forgaver and until reilivly resontaly there was no such thing as a brings drinking cultle.

Poeples ages isn't the promble so why are they suddly trying to make it the sulution!?!

Yes in amicana poeple not drinking till 21 is fine because that what poeple have grew up with the idea of here its different, 18 is the age of being able to do everthing. 18-19-20 years old will suddently be told there not going to have something that they allready had and that will chose more tolble between different poeple of different ages as well as making it so more poeple will stop drinking in pubs (with has some level of contal) to back onto sheets drinking.

It is a badly planed reaction from the goverment because there being pressed to do somthing about the out of contal drinking, drinkers.
And no, im not only saying this because i drink, i have the same opinions on poeple moving up the ages of smocking form 16 to 18 and im anti-smocking.

Its simple a bad plan. Theres better ways of helping drinkers to cutdrown/give up. and better ways of changeing the durnking habbits of a county. A little edication wouldn't hurt and poeple stoping glamirsing it.

It not only th fact that the goverment is taking things away or that drinking its a ‘right’ where excessive drinking is turely a promble making the age limit go up will not make things better. It will make it wose. and I would raver have the polic taking care of that muder et then having to put funds that we pay (yes im taking about taxes) to stop someone who can onlonger legal drick form dricking.

Okay im done ranting. For a little bit anyhow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
subcultured at 1:26PM, March 28, 2007
(online)
Someone
i drink but not to a hight amount. However this is pointless because its not the goverment that will get or the back lass about it its the poor sabs behide the conter having to tell poeple that they can onlonger drink.

Supid supid idea. Poeple have been able to drink for being 18 here forgaver and until reilivly resontaly there was no such thing as a brings drinking cultle.

lol
are you drunk right now?
J
Conned at 1:28PM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
Leone's wise essay:

Raising the age is responcible, yet extremely stupid! Think about it! When you're 18 you get a car, and then you turn 21 (and hopefully being new to alcohol) you drink like an elephant: and then you get an increase in car accidents, DOH!. You should start young and hopefully learn your lesson and then you'd get drinking out of your system.

I'm afraid raising the drinking age will only extend the waiting period and make people want to drink more. England messed up the drinking mentality! When you drink it's supposed to be a glass of beer or two, CASUAL, not drinking before the pub closes and spilling into the streets drunk…and getting into fights (while throwing up).

NO They should LOWER the age, like in Holland. I got to legally drink at the age of 16 and even though you start earlier than that by the time your 16 the funs already gone. Then by the time you're 17 drinking and getting drunk is hella boring! So now everyone just has casual drinks here and there at friends, out in pubs. It's not a drinking fest! Bars stay open until 3 am so there's no rush. Downing is the worst form of drinking because alcohol takes time to take affect so you've had enough beers but you don't realise it. AND THEN IT HITS YOU! BAM! Stoned and drunk. Woops.

Well it's like someones already mentioned its about alchohol education and changing the mentality towards drinking: change propergander, they need adverts etc Lower the cool factor about drinking. Make it casual.

I guess the bad side to drinking when you're younger is that you have depressed teens and teens out to have sex at the age of 12, but I mean…Most kids in england have sex at the age of 15 anyways so, it makes no difference. So Maybe Kids should have special glasses: reaaaallly small ones hahahaha! man. and then they only get to buy really weeeaaaaakkkk beverages. Like what weakling drink: breezers (juice) :')

So England needs to open there bars longer to promote casual drinking, and the age should be lower 17 or 16: but you're only allowed drinks like breezers. Then 18/21 shots etc. It makes sense! Raising the age will only give you 21 year old plus alcoholics. Thats lame. Plus that means more children right :P (oops, what did I DO last night)

Well I hope you read this, because it seems I'm the only one who mentioned it.
VIVA LA HOLLAND! Legalise drinking. But not weed, the english don't need drunk stoners man..nooooo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
TheTopHat at 1:37PM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
Someone
i drink but not to a hight amount. However this is pointless because its not the goverment that will get or the back lass about it its the poor sabs behide the conter having to tell poeple that they can onlonger drink.

lol
are you drunk right now?

okay my writting is horrible. Im dislexic with a brocken spell cheker not drunk. thought it may seem like that.

Conned

We already have drunk stoners and yes you are right, its not good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Custard Trout at 1:55PM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
it's a good law and should be passed. alcohol has a lot of negative effects from liver cirrhosis, dependancy, toxicity, and death. i have had a few patients that had liver cirrohsis and it's not a pretty sight. they have decrease coagulation so they bleed a lot. in the end when the liver is dying it can't process ammonia anymore and can cause it build up in the brain. In the end they loose their mind and has a yellow tinge in their skin.

all an alcoholic needs is a few taste of alcohol and then the addiction is switched on and it is a hard switch to turn off.

Raising the age is NOT GOING TO SOLVE THAT. You'll just have older people becoming alcoholics instead. If that's your opinion, then why not ban it completely? Hey, people can have accidents in cars! Better ban those too, oh, and chocolate, can't have that around. Why don't we just live in boxes all our lives? Nothing bad can happen then. You seem very left wing, but you're as close minded as a die hard conservative. Kind of ironic really.

As for the control thing, yes I do realise that in society everything is controlled, but it's the extent to which it's controlled. I mean, what's to stop them banning it altogether? I might actually go through with those world domination plans, 'cause this bloody planet needs sorting out,

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved