Debate and Discussion

This is not right
BffSatan at 1:59AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=671985
A juror in Britain posted classified information about a case and polled her friends on if they thought the defendant was guilty or not.

This is truly just a mockery of the legal system, firstly a juror is selected because they are likely to have a non-biased opinion.
When you put a case out to a bunch of people who haven't seen the defendant as a person and not just a name and then heard all the facts properly no one can make a just decision, ecspecially when words like sexual assault and child abduction it's easy for people to assume that the defendant is guilty. You probably did it then, I know I did.

She's lucky to not be in jail and that's good, hopfully though this will never happen again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
DAJB at 7:13AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
This is scary! Forget about the possibility of her going to jail, the real danger here is that her actions could have meant the case having to be dropped so that, even if guilty, the accused would have had to be set free.

I know the judges in this country can be pretty dim-witted at times but it's quite frightening that jurors are this stupid, too. Hmmm - perhaps its contagious!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
NickGuy at 12:33PM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
wow that juror is breaking so many laws its freaking unbelievable. I hope they get in all the trouble thats coming to them and then some.

and yeah, disclosing classified information is ALWAYS a bad idea.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
megan_rose at 5:44PM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
Hooooooooooly crap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
ozoneocean at 6:21PM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
This person just sounds plain stupid.
When I was a juror it's the first thing they tell me: Don't discuss the case outside of court during the trial.
And they repeated that quite a bit. I'm sure they did in her case too.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Aussie_kid at 4:26AM, Dec. 12, 2008
(online)
I'll just say right away that I agree that this person is an idiot. I mean, how in the hell could you do that and not think ‘What if they catch me?’ while doing it? I mean, the prosecution and defence probably both have people who google the case to find somehting they can use to get the verdict they want. Okay, that last sentence might seem stupid to some people, but I can see them doing it.

But yeah, they haven't called me for jury duty yet, but even I'm smart enough to know not to do that.
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Faliat at 6:28AM, Dec. 24, 2008
(online)
That's the problem with making a jury a selection of your peers.
Lol.
Most Brits are just concerned about Jeremy Kyle-Style crap.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
confusedsoul at 10:55AM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Faliat
That's the problem with making a jury a selection of your peers.
Lol.
Most Brits are just concerned about Jeremy Kyle-Style crap.
I resent that last part.
What an absolute moron. What, did they post it on Bebo or something? The responses to it couldn't have been that great.

“Guilty, LOLZ!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved