Help, Support and Suggestions

This might be kinda stoopid...
Insanity at 1:30PM, June 16, 2007
(offline)
How do I add a picture to my profile?

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
ozoneocean at 2:52PM, June 16, 2007
(online)
First you have to host the images somewhere like http://www.photobucket.com or in the “Files” section of your comic control panel. Then paste the image link inside your Profile when you edit it

This is easy with photo bucket because they give you the exact code. if you put it in the files section of your comic control pane, click on the image name so that it loads in your browser then copy the image's address from your browser's address bar. Then edit your profile and past it in there. Just remember to put image tags on either side of it: {img}imagelink.jpg{/img}
The things in red are image tags, replace the curly brackets with square ones. ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
mindcat at 9:57PM, June 20, 2007
(online)
whats the absolute best thing (bmp,gif,ect.) to save a greyscale comic under?
same thing for colored?
i mean if ur not worried about the size of the document and stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
ozoneocean at 4:50AM, June 21, 2007
(online)
If you're not worried about the size of a document then a BMP format, PSD, or PICT are pretty damn good! NO compression, everything is how it's meant to be.

But if it's going on the web it needs to be a gif, png or jpg, and it needs to be compressed because that's the entire point of those formats! A png 24 bit format will probably give you the best quality for the least compression if that's what you want. Gifs always reduce quality, as do png 8 bit. jpg is your 100% best bet! With greyscale work you can get good compression and great quality! Just saving it at 80% compression is better than 50% for most of the others in terms of file size… But with grey work you can go down to 30% and still have it look good.

Fuck what other people say about jpeg, they know nothing. The web isn't like print! And I get sick of noobs saving work at 100% quality (no matter the format) and viewing 500kb and 1.5 meg images online… Jebus. I don't care if iI have broadband and those load just as fast anyway, it's wasted space and needless download volume because some fool doesn't know about compression. :gem:
rant over lol!

But if you're saving your work for posterity, always use a non compressed format! Or, at a pinch, you can save high quality work as a jpeg at 100% quality and burn it straight to CD. It'll never degrade that way ^^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
mindcat at 12:37PM, June 22, 2007
(online)
wow, thanks. i get it now
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved