Media Megaforum

this should've been the spiderman/venom movie
subcultured at 3:54PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
anyone agree?

sam raimi dropped the ball on spiderman 3. really.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
flapjack1995 at 4:11PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Defintely.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Inkmonkey at 4:11PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
Well, a common rumor I keep hearing is that the script for Spidey 3 was actually two movies, and through executive meddling it got squeezed down to one. I've also heard that Raimi was kinda miffed at that point and didn't put all that much effort into editing the two films together to a coherent whole.

Anyway, I like the concept, but it seems like a bit much for the tone of the Spider-Man films. Looks like a good enough story; definitely a strong suit to build a video game after. Gotta wonder if any other Marvel characters are going to cameo…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
subcultured at 4:18PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
now that marvel is relaunching their properties like hulk and punisher. they should relaunched spiderman…minus tobey.

spiderman would look so cool if it was done more darkly, action and with less emo.

and no more beatnick peter parker
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
SpANG at 5:28PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
subcultured
spiderman would look so cool if it was done more darkly, action and with less emo.
I'll agree with the “less emo” part, but darker? Why the hell does every superhero need to be done darker? I'll answer that with a flat out NO. Spider-Man is not a dark hero. It would suck if he was.

I don't mind him becoming dark for a Venom/Carnage theme, as long as he reverts back to his old self again at the end.

Spider-man and Spider-Man 2 were great movies. Spider-Man 2 was nearly perfect, better than The Dark Knight even.

The formula works. The writers just need to use it.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Inkmonkey at 6:26PM, July 28, 2008
(online)
subcultured
and more beatnick peter parker

Fixed that. You seeem to have inaccurate feelings about the greatest moment in cinema history.
korosu at 5:43PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
Y'know, it's really sad if the plot to the video game is better than the movie itself…but, yeah, you're totally right about that. :P

SpANG
Spider-Man 2 was nearly perfect, better than The Dark Knight even.
Really? I definitely think Spider-Man 2 was the best of the series, but better than The Dark Knight?…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
SpANG at 7:18PM, July 29, 2008
(online)
korosu
Really? I definitely think Spider-Man 2 was the best of the series, but better than The Dark Knight?…
In my opinion, Spider-Man 2 was as close as you could get to a perfect comic book movie. The Dark Knight was a great movie, but it wasn't even near perfect. It was as enjoyable and amazing as Iron Man.
jalford at 12:00AM, July 30, 2008
(online)
Seems like this is how that shitty Friend Or Foe game SHOULD'VE gone. There is some thing from the Venom series a few years ago where the symbiote got control of Wolverine. Plus a recent story in both Avengers titles where New York is taken over by symbiotes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:55AM, July 30, 2008
(online)
I think I remember a “use symbiotes to take over the world” plot from the first Spider-Man PS1 game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
mechanical_lullaby at 7:22AM, July 30, 2008
(online)
Well, since the first two movies kind of counted as kid movies, having this 3rd movie darker would have really killed the fanbase of 5-10 year olds.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
fern at 9:50AM, July 30, 2008
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
Well, since the first two movies kind of counted as kid movies, having this 3rd movie darker would have really killed the fanbase of 5-10 year olds.

Yeah… and I heard kids are more vulnerable during that age…

So that whole Spidey/Wolvey team-up reminded me of the 90's cartoon where Spider-Man met the X-Men and Wolverine blamed Spidey for something that happened to Beast… goodtimes. I think they fought each other.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
Fenn at 11:02AM, July 30, 2008
(offline)
fern
So that whole Spidey/Wolvey team-up reminded me of the 90's cartoon where Spider-Man met the X-Men and Wolverine blamed Spidey for something that happened to Beast… goodtimes. I think they fought each other.
I'm pretty sure it's a comic book rule that the first time heroes meet, they must fight, no matter how silly it really is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
jalford at 2:13PM, July 30, 2008
(online)
Is Steve Blum doing Wolverine AGAIN?! They should've gotten Mark Hamill. He's the definative Wolvie.
cartoonprofessor at 2:52AM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
SpANG
In my opinion, Spider-Man 2 was as close as you could get to a perfect comic book movie.
I agree totally.
The first was good until that pathetic ‘joker’ costume wrecked it for me.
He should have mutated like in the most recent comic version.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
SpANG at 8:50AM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
cartoonprofessor
SpANG
In my opinion, Spider-Man 2 was as close as you could get to a perfect comic book movie.
I agree totally.
He should have mutated like in the most recent comic version.
Yeah I couldn't get over the fact that the Green Goblin looked and acted like a power Rangers villain. :P
jalford at 3:02PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
So what, you expected Dafoe to be wearing green tights, a purple tunic, an a rubber goblin mask with a little elf hat? It made more sense for him to be wearing full-body armor, even if its green. Plus, New Goblin demonstrated for us in Spidey 3 the importance of wearing a helmet while flying 20 stories up over the alleyways of New York at 100 MPH.
isukun at 3:49PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
It's one thing to wear a helmet, it's something else entirely to wear a really stupid looking helmet. The armored suit wasn't so bad. In fact, it's makes some sense in a practical way. Even the flyer can kind of work and they did make the bombs into something that looked more technological instead of him throwing exploding pumpkins. But they never explain why he thought a helmet that looked more like a Halloween mask was supposed to appeal to the military. It's more a theatrical thing than a practical thing. I mean, Hell, he didn't even come up with the name for the character, so it's not like he was TRYING to look like a green goblin.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Hawk at 7:55PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
Superhero costumes are actually the source of much silliness in movies if you start to take them seriously enough. Even Batman. I mean, all of Batman's weapons and suit pieces had to come from somewhere. They probably passed through many hands while being manufactured. That's a lot of potential for people to know who Batman is, or at least who he's working for (if it's ordered by Wayne Enterprise).

In the cartoon I remember Bruce saying that his mask was ordered through dummy corporations and in large quantities to throw people off, which might actually work. But who installs all the gear into the Batcave? All those custom cabinets, screens, and computers? Probably not Alfred!

And yeah, the Green Goblin mask is even more ridiculous. Because, was it made for the army? Probably not. Then did Osborne fashion it himself with his artistic metalworking skills? Or did he ask a few subordinates to make it for his evil rampages of destruction?

I've found I have to ignore these things a lot otherwise I'd never enjoy a single superhero movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Hawk at 7:59PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
cartoonprofessor

What bothered me about the first one was the dialogue. There were too many scenes where Peter stared at Mary Jane .. and .. talked .. really .. choppy-like … as if .. what they … were .. saying … was .. profound.

But it wasn't!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
SpANG at 8:04PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
jalford
So what, you expected Dafoe to be wearing green tights, a purple tunic, an a rubber goblin mask with a little elf hat? It made more sense for him to be wearing full-body armor, even if its green. Plus, New Goblin demonstrated for us in Spidey 3 the importance of wearing a helmet while flying 20 stories up over the alleyways of New York at 100 MPH.

Actually… I would have rathered a BETTER villain. GG just… sucks eggs. He's too easy, too one dimensional to begin with. He's a poor man's Joker.

They could have made it great with a better criminal. Like:
- Chameleon
- Kraven the Hunter
- Shocker
- Morbius

mlai at 12:27AM, Aug. 9, 2008
(online)
It's shown that Mr. Osbourn had a fetish for ghastly masks, so he made himself one to go with his prototype body suit. I don't think the mask was meant for the military.

That's the movie explanation anyways.

If Mr. Osbourn wore a rubber mask or put latex makeup over his face, all of you would complain that he's trying to be Joker. If he wore nothing at all on his head, everyone would complain that he doesn't feel like G.G.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Inkmonkey at 7:36AM, Aug. 9, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Superhero costumes are actually the source of much silliness in movies if you start to take them seriously enough. Even Batman. I mean, all of Batman's weapons and suit pieces had to come from somewhere. They probably passed through many hands while being manufactured. That's a lot of potential for people to know who Batman is, or at least who he's working for (if it's ordered by Wayne Enterprise).

In the cartoon I remember Bruce saying that his mask was ordered through dummy corporations and in large quantities to throw people off, which might actually work. But who installs all the gear into the Batcave? All those custom cabinets, screens, and computers? Probably not Alfred!

And yeah, the Green Goblin mask is even more ridiculous. Because, was it made for the army? Probably not. Then did Osborne fashion it himself with his artistic metalworking skills? Or did he ask a few subordinates to make it for his evil rampages of destruction?

I've found I have to ignore these things a lot otherwise I'd never enjoy a single superhero movie.

More than that, where did Peter get his Spidey suit? At least Osborne has the means to acquire his silly getup; there's no way Pete was able to make that thing on his own.

Anyway, I would have liked Gobby's suit to look… I dunno, a bit ragged and homemade. A popular move these days to make his elf-hat look more sinsiter is to make it into a full cloak. I think it'd have been pretty good look to have him wearing “Goblin” equipment over the armor he has in the movie.
jalford at 4:26PM, Aug. 9, 2008
(online)
You need to see a few episodes of Goblin Bloggin' to make you realize how cool the armor is!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved