Media Megaforum

Those silly Geico cavemen are getting their own show?!?
Terminal at 9:31PM, Sept. 30, 2007
(online)
So, they replaced the show about the Hispanic comedian that's actually funny and doesn't steal jokes or treat his audience like idiots just because he thinks they're edgy and so witty that it's hard to comprehend with a show about a commercial, that's probably filled to the brim with product placement for an insurance company.

Good job ABC, nice. Though, my suggestion: If you're gonna turn a car insurance ad into a TV show… at least pick the one that's interesting and not insulting?

Try Allstate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:12PM
ozoneocean at 8:42AM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
isukun
Actually, I quite enjoyed Max Headroom.
I wasn't trying to imply that it was bad, just that studios were taking ideas from commercials before TV went to shit.
That didn't come from a commercial though. They made that whole "thing" into a character and a theme for a music video show. I remember it because they used to repeat it on Aussie TV back then ^_^

So rather than making a TV series out a gimmicky idea taken from a commercial, it was more of an existing idea just being given a bit more fame and publicity and that allowed it to go on to even more places; like a celebrity who gets a second wind by doing something that makes them extra popular.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
lefarce at 11:12PM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
Y'know what's neat? The fact that we now have a flash ad for this show in rotation here, and it has sound that plays on load.

Awesome.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
marine at 12:13AM, Oct. 3, 2007
(offline)
lefarce
Y'know what's neat? The fact that we now have a flash ad for this show in rotation here, and it has sound that plays on load.

Awesome.

Why does platinum spit in our faces!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved