Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Thoughts on snow?
crazyninny at 11:24AM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
For us lucky (Yeah right.) folks, right now we are covered in Gods gracies, freezing, annoying bright blankets of snow. As I sit around, grumble at how much I hate the snow, I got to woundering…

How many of you DD's have seen and played in the snow? Even if its widely know, not a lot of people have had the happy oppritunty to wake up every freezing morning to shovel hours and hours of you day away, just to do it all over again the next day.

So, have you seen and played in snow? What are you thoughts on snow?

Long story short, I hate snow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Custard Trout at 11:35AM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I love snow, maybe when I own a path to shovel or move to a country where it gets to more than a few inches I won't so much, but for now I think it's great.

It makes the world seem so clean and new, there's no greater feeling than waking up on a cold winter morning and looking out the kitchen window while making breakfast to see snow covering the street below. It's even better if it's falling as well, dancing in the dark while illuminated only by street lights.

We don't get it much, it's usually too cold and wet. But that only makes it more special when it does.

Winter in general makes me feel good, getting caught out in the rain makes me happy to be alive, freezing cold winds feel wonderful to me. I never could figure out why.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
blu at 11:37AM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
ah hahaha. i live in Bemidji, Minnesota, US. you're damn right i hate snow. i hate driving in it, i hate shoveling it, i hate scraping my car windshield off for two hours before i can go anywhere…

the only good thing about winter in this area is that Lake Bemidji, with is just off to the side of the university campus, turns into a free parking lot. just gotta watch out for ice houses. :D
other than that, this comment is pointless.
spiritstories dot net | TMAC!(m-w-f) |MIRACLE(weekends)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
AQua_ng at 11:39AM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
Snow is the craziest thing ever. Two centimetres of it and everyone at school ever bunks off or ask if they could have lessons outside.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:58AM
Dan at 11:46AM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
We people here will never see snow again. It's still hot outside.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Nyx at 12:25PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
Yeah, isn't it 80 degrees or something crazy in the south right now?

Oh Ninny how could you hate snow? It's the best thing in the whole world! *gets a snowball to the face*
Okay I'm exaggerating… but in all seriousness I like snow. Back when I was a kid I loved skiing and sledding but I don't do much of that anymore. Snow is very pretty before it turns all muddy in the spring.
Plus snow days. THOSE are the greatest things in the whole world. 'Specially since my school is paranoid as hell and has them often. *crosses fingers for Monday*

Wintery mixes, icy rain, and sleet/hail are what suck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Ozoneocean at 12:43PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
I've seen it once in my whole life… On the top of Mount Bulla in Victoria. It was lovely, cold, and icy. I went tobogganing on a piece of cardboard with my sister. But then I got so firken cold I had to get in the car, strip off and get warm with the heater on as my clothes dried.
My sister and parents made a snowman and I missed it…

I wish it snowed here. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
crazyninny at 12:51PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
Nyx
Oh Ninny how could you hate snow? It's the best thing in the whole world! *gets a snowball to the face*

Bacially, Snow and I don't get along… Snow almost killed me several times… *Not lieing, Snow ALMOST has killed me, BUT YOU LOST ALL 3 TIMES YOU DIRTY BASTARD!!! AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!* And messed up my spine, I walk with a slight limp sometimes now. ;_;
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
WingNut at 1:33PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I just made a comic about this! ;D

http://www.drunkduck.com/Acquired_Taste/index.php?p=318749

-Wing
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Memmy at 1:41PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
When I was a kid (lived in Central Alaska and still do) I would shovel the backyard and make corrals and rooms and sometime with help… Igloos. Then I'll crawl around and pretend its my second home!

That was fun. Hehe.

I dont hate snow… I hate the cold, especially when its windy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
usedbooks at 1:53PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
I love snow. I grew up in the mountains with nice snowy winters. Usually, we had a blanket of 1 to 3 feet deep at some point during the winter.

I live at a slightly lower elevation and latitude now. Snow is rare here, but winters are cold with freezing rain and ice. I hate ice. Ice causes me injury. I always end up slamming against concrete and slipping down stairs. Ice sucks. Snow is great.

(Keep in mind that I walk everywhere or take a bus, so I don't have to do any shoveling or snow-related chores.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Steely Gaze at 2:12PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
Snow, pretty, fun, and horrible all at the same time.

I love seeing a fresh coating of snow on the ground, draping the trees in its glory, but I also know that this means I'll have to snowblow the driveway, shovel the porch, and bundle up insanely warm just to go anywhere.

I like snow, but not enough to want it all year round. I'll say one thing for it, it makes me love the spring even more.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
silentkitty at 3:26PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I like the first snow of the season, usually. It's pretty.

Then the reality of having to shovel your car out of it and drive to work on slush-covered roads that the city doesn't bother to plow sets in, and it's not quite as pretty anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Croi Dhubh at 4:26PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I live in Colorado so I better like it. Last year was a frozen Hell, but this year it's been enjoyable
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Chernobog at 5:13PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
Oh, I enjoy it. Often, the most beautiful time of the year after a fresh fall and the cold doesn't faze me. The deepest amount we got was about 2.5 ft last year. Snarled up the area for days. Maybe it's me, but I take an unhealthy fascination when mother nature reminds these suburbanites who's the authority.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
kennatsu at 5:25PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
I keep thinking there are angels in the snow… and I won't say anything more than that right now. %)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
SarahN at 6:14PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
Thoughts on snow? It's cold, white stuff that I only care to see about a week.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kyupol at 6:45PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(online)
snow is cold.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
SwinS at 9:03PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
It's supposed to snow here tonight.

I think snow is pretty and pleasant until I have to drive in it or shovel my car out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Fenn at 9:46PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
Living in very southern Southern California, snow is a non-issue. We'd have to drive hours to see it, if there's even any in the local mountains.

I'm originally from Missouri, though, so I remember trying to walk to school in the snow, and watching cars slide sideways down the street in front of our house. It was kinda fun, but mostly it was a pain in the butt. I don't really miss it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Croi Dhubh at 10:08PM, Dec. 9, 2007
(offline)
Ewww…Missouri! I was stationed in Ft Leonard Wood for my BCT and AIT training. I hate that state.

I was in Norco and the Orange County area (mostly Garden Grove, Orange, and Westminster) for most of my life, Fenn. Can't really beat the I.E. Was just close enough to Big Bear and Rightwood.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Dirk Zephyrs at 12:18AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
God… All my memories of snow, so much nostalgia and love…

I won't bore you.
Pink Floyd
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
Aurora Moon at 3:43AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(offline)
crazyninny
For us lucky (Yeah right.) folks, right now we are covered in Gods gracies, freezing, annoying bright blankets of snow. As I sit around, grumble at how much I hate the snow, I got to woundering…

How many of you DD's have seen and played in the snow? Even if its widely know, not a lot of people have had the happy opportunity to wake up every freezing morning to shovel hours and hours of you day away, just to do it all over again the next day.

So, have you seen and played in snow? What are you thoughts on snow?

Long story short, I hate snow.

I hate it too! and I've been though the same things as you did so I know it all too well how pesky snow can be.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Frostflowers at 4:18AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(online)
I love snow - in fact, I was out playing in it the other day; we got a full foot of snow in one go, and it's just so pretty and awesome and I built little snow houses and, and, and -

- playing in the snow is perfectly acceptable for nineteen year olds, right? Right?

… Yeah. I like snow. It's horrible when you're waiting at the bus stop, or when you have to shovel it off the driveway, but the rest of the time, it's kind of awesome. Mind you, the entire country seems to just stop every time there's snow - we got a foot of snow, and managed alright, but Stockholm got two centimeters - barely enough to dust the ground - and the entire city just stopped.

Also, everyone in charge of train traffic seem just as shocked and surprised at the snow each and every year, even though they know winter in Sweden = snow.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
DAJB at 4:22AM, Dec. 10, 2007
(online)
Snow is great.

As long as I'm wrapped up warm indoors with a hot cup of coffee, I could look through the double-glazing at it for hours …!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Orange at 8:15PM, Dec. 10, 2007
(online)
Yeah, snow doesn't exist in Southern California…

sucks eh?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Ladyknight17 at 5:13AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
I have a love hate relationship with snow.

I love looking at it. And it's just not Christmas to me without it. Playing with it is so much fun! Making snow angels and snowmen is a blast! I love snow ball fights and building forts. I love sledding. There are a lot of things I like about snow.

The down side however…I hate driving in snow! It's horrible when the roads are all icy, and every idiot in the world has decided to drive when you are, and of course, they think you can stop on a dime when there's ice everywhere! I hate cleaning my car off.

I don't know how it is else where, but here we have more ice then snow right now. The past few years we really haven't had much in the way of snow in December. But…come January we'll be buried. Yesterday I went to heat up my car, and it was covered in a think layer of ice. I couldn't get it off my windows, so to remove it, I had to roll down the windows and smash out the sheets of ice. It looked like I was breaking the window of my own car! LOL.
Tired of messing with a banner. Just visit the comic at…

www.drunkduck.com/red_poems/
Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
AquaAlchemist at 6:01AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
Snow… well let's see. It's cold. Most of the time we end up getting some around here in the Carolinas. But because of this crazy weather we've been getting I doubt any will fall soon. I like snow. As long as I don't have to go to school in it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
sukaiyume at 8:58AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
It only ever snows properly about once a year where I live cos it's usually just a load of sleet that turns in to rain. Its all cold and wet and uuuugghhh. But when it settles on the ground overnight..HELLO! Nobody can concentrate at school cos of all the pwwweettty white stuff (seriously, we go crazy if we get snow. The weather men are like, “Treacherous conditions on the M25. Don't go out if you don't need to. Were all gunna die from the inch of slowly melting slush” Calm down dear.)
Me… I love the stuff. Mostly just to look at but sometimes my brother and I go out and have a snowball fight in the field outside our garden before school. We turn up soaked but there you go, so does everyone else so we spend about an hour drying off during lessons by the radiators.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
SpANG at 10:19AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
It all has to do with age. We can see it here in this scientifically researched graph:

As you can see, very small children have an aversion to snow until almost 8 years old, wherafter a person totally loses any hesitance. 10 years old this is the highest instance of the “Whee!!” (or Fun/Amusement) factor. However, in later teen years, there is a steady decline of “Whee!!” and an increase of the “Craaap!” (or annoyance/fear) factor. This is mostly due to driving and having dates and whatnot. After a person hits 30, you can see quite a dramatic decline of “Whee!!” and increase of “Craaap!!”. At about 40, the two factors are almost at equal perception. And of course, any older, “craaap!” just keeps climbing and you almost totally lose any “Whee!!” perception.

I hope that this has been of help to you.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon