Media Megaforum

Thundercats: the movie
NickGuy at 12:52PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ozoneocean
-This trailer was posted already in the WTH forum :)

Yeah, I remember seeing it there as well but it seems to bee cool enough to belong to both places. It's a WTH media!

And regardless of how you thought that show was, everyone has to agree that the intro kicked ass!

thank you for that. fuck I love you.

but as awesome as that intro was, remember the awesome toonami intros?

god i used to fuckin LOVE toonami

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
TheMidge28 at 1:22PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
isukun
But as we already know you didn't enjoy any of those shows and found them over-rated and horrible.

And at what point have I ever said I don't like any of those other shows? Yes, I know what Sea Cow was referring to, and I know what you're saying as well, and you're both wrong. Those other shows I watched religiously as a child. G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-Man, Voltron, Silverhawks, all that stuff was great when I was a kid. Hell, I still like the old G1 Transformers despite its faults. I NEVER liked the Thundercats, though. Even as a kid I didn't like the Thundercats. Somehow stating that ONCE in this thread does not translate to making it my life's purpose to ruin your collective childhoods, though.

Now, I have no issues with criticizing modern remakes of those classic shows and I have done so with several of them, but that is hardly the same thing.

we'll leave it as Hawk said nostalgia and you not sharing the same as most with this show…
either that or Cheetara gave you a stiffy and made you feel weird inside?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
NickGuy at 1:36PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
i dont think its totally nostalgia because looking back, thundercats had slick as hell animation…better than voltron, a show i loved as a kid and cant stand now. in fact, i like thundercats more as an adult.

and just because i love toonami…

“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
isukun at 8:03PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)

Kind of unlikely at the age of 7.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
mlai at 10:10PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
What exactly was the problem with Thundercats that those other 80's cartoons did not share??

If you want to say Thundercats animation/plot/design sucked, I don't see how things like Transformers, GI Joe, and He-man don't fall under the same umbrella of sucktitude.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
lastcall at 5:03AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
NickGuy
i dont think its totally nostalgia because looking back, thundercats had slick as hell animation

I'll agree with you there concerning the Intro, but the rest of the show kinda sucked, animation-wise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
ozoneocean at 5:16AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
lastcall
NickGuy
i dont think its totally nostalgia because looking back, thundercats had slick as hell animation
I'll agree with you there concerning the Intro, but the rest of the show kinda sucked, animation-wise.
So true. It's animated it something like 5 frames a second lol!

Maybe it wasn't that cheap, but it looks like it. Things jerk across the screen… As slick as clockwork baby ^___^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
isukun at 5:52AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
What exactly was the problem with Thundercats that those other 80's cartoons did not share??

As a kid the characters never really wowed me. The toys never seemed as cool as the ones for the other franchises. The villain characters never seemed all that cool. Plus the main character's “superpower” was to set off a flare to call his friends, which seemed kind of lame. It was also more on the preachy side. The side characters were almost universally annoying, although I don't think that would have had anything to do with my dislike of the series as a kid. Kids are far more tolerant of annoying characters. I know I wasn't the only kid who didn't like the show, though. Most of my friends didn't like it, either.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
ozoneocean at 6:00AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
isukun
annoying
Pantera rocked though. That guy was awesome. :)

NickGuy at 10:50AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
isukun
annoying
Panthro rocked though. That guy was awesome. :)

fixed for you.

ozoneocean at 11:38AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Hahaha, you're right… That's the name of a sucky heavy metal band -_-

lastcall at 12:09PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
It's animated at something like 5 frames a second lol!

Which is why I always thought it was from Japan until someone told me otherwise… lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Skullbie at 1:40PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
skullpee wants transformers beast war movie now,
oooh mabe even zoids
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
TheMidge28 at 4:57PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
isukun

Late bloomer, eh?

I don't care what people said about the animation, I enjoyed the show.
Yeah looking back it was repetitive but most shows then were.
The cartoons of our youth didn't have highly evolved stories and back stories and what not. It was a cartoon based on a toy and the the toy was fun and so was the show. All cartoons back then had bad animation. Even Disney in the Eighties had crappy animation. Now if you hated the show because you hate cats or cat people…
Se La Vie. Some people hate turtles and probably didn't enjoy TMNT back in the day. But to say at the age of 7 you had some better than average or over developed taste for what was a good cartoon compared to every other average kid…
I have to laugh.
ozoneocean at 7:32PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
lastcall
Which is why I always thought it was from Japan until someone told me otherwise…
Ooooooo, catty! :)
Thandercatty ;)
Skullbie
even zoids
I liked Zoids, a lot, but I doubt that'd work as a movie…?
TheMidge28
isukun
Late bloomer, eh?
lol!

Back when I watched it, I loved it. Doesn't means it's any good now…
I always thought Cheetah should've been sexier back then though :(

And with TMT, I just wanted to see April to get it on with the turtles… _>

Product Placement at 2:11AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
NickGuy
Toonami

Boy that takes me back. Toonami definitely managed to make the shows they aired look a heck of lot more interesting with their remix intros.

Case & point.

And remember kids. Everything's better with explosions.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
mlai at 6:30AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
OMG I think Ozone is drunk.

Well… I never found Cheetara sexy. Cuz she reminded me too much of Jane Fonda in JF's workout videos, what with the leotard and hair. I mean don't get me wrong JF was smokin' hot in Cat Ballou… but in her workout videos she was older than my mother… so, that killed it for me LOL.

Oh, and:

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
ozoneocean at 7:16AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
mlai
OMG I think Ozone is drunk.
On my own brilliance! :)

Don't pretend you haven't thought along the same lines man…

Hmm? ^—-^

_________

BTW, those guys have built-in leotards WTF? o_O

TheMidge28 at 7:40AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
mlai
Oh, and:

a belt, a pair boots and a smile!
I should be so lucky! ;)
And April in that yellow jumpsuit… mmmm

you know you wanted it to unzip further…
timethief at 9:00AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I once read in a forum like this, a guy complaining that Thundercats and other shows from the '80s suffered from what he called “The He-Man syndrome”. He defined it as the situation in which the characters of a show have nothing else to do but beat the snot out of each other for no good reason, all the while living on a planet that seemed to serve no other purpose than to be their battleground.
I have to agree that this is a pretty good definition of a formula that used to run rampant through action/adventure animated shows. however, that formula is exactly the reason why I LOVE Thundercats, Masters of the Universe and Silverhawks. I only hope when (and if) they make a movie out of them, they keep it like it was and not try to add an unnecessary level of supposed plausibility to it, like they did with X-Men and, apparently, Dragonball.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
NickGuy at 10:41AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
NickGuy
Toonami

Boy that takes me back. Toonami definitely managed to make the shows they aired look a heck of lot more interesting with their remix intros.

Case & point.

And remember kids. Everything's better with explosions.

I love the way toonami blended hip-hop/techno with anime. there will never be anything as awesome as their promos and intros ever again.

Product Placement at 3:10AM, Feb. 23, 2009
(online)
mlai

Well…. they are aliens…. who said that their reproductive organs were at their crotch?

Wow…. that sentence reminded me of a star trek movie where captain Kirk kicked someone in his knee only to find out that his nads were there.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved