Debate and Discussion

Tibet Genocide
The mediocre one at 3:17PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
Before anyone asks what the fuck I mean, here's a link for ya: http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-0409.php

Only about 10% of americans know about this going on, why? because Google, yes you heard me, google is censoring it out. They developed a method to filter searches to not allow people to know what's going on.
We all know that china's been trying to take back Tibet for years and years, now they're killing the masses for it. Another question you may ask: Why hasn't the news covered it? Because China is big, really fucking big, their military armed with sticks and stones could wipe out our whole country.

Now, the problem is two fold: the internet being censored, and the ruthless murder of innocents. I think it's time to get this out into the light.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:15PM
ccs1989 at 4:19PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Jezus. So much for “Never Again”…again.

I'll try to tell everyone I know about this.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
ozoneocean at 4:54PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
What, you guys just found out about Tibet? :)

One thing though, China isn't “taking it back”, because they never had it. They invaded (when was it, the 50's?), and since then they've been trying to colonise the place… One of the misconceptions about China is that it's one huge massive country and it's always been that way. This is not so… They're nationalist and chauvinist like most countries around the world, but in attitude they resemble 19thC Britain; all parts of “China” are considered the same way the 19thC English considered the rest of “Britain”: their's by natural right. Basically there are other communities, nationalities (former), and ethnicities they make up the country of China, Tibet is one of them. It's probably one of the most harshly treated and reluctant.

As for the “Never Again” quotation, that only applies to the persecution of Jews I'm afraid. That's just how it is… Simply because that was a statement made in relation to the holocaust and of course genocide and ethnic persecution/extermination of other peoples around the world has happened since with impunity. -(it must be said that they've been bad but never on the same scale as the holocaust).

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
The mediocre one at 5:20PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
If I recall right, Tibet freed itself for, at least, a little while.
But ownerships aside, isn't the genocide still a issue worth bringing forth?
Paper Mache Cataclysm
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:38PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
Speaking of internet censorship, Norton is blocking your link because it's in the “crime” category.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
ozoneocean at 7:42PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
The mediocre one
If I recall right, Tibet freed itself for, at least, a little while.
No, it didn't. It was always a separate nation, but has been under the thumb of it's large imperialistic neighbour for some time. Much more aggressively so since the communist era.

In reality “genocide” is a buzzword. It means the killing off of an entire “race” of people, a concept logically impossible since humans are not made up of races, but even with the bastardised understanding most people give the term it never happens with that either. The last serious attempt at a true enthocide (I suppose you'd call it) that I know of was the Nazi's attempted extermination of the Jewish peoples and Gypsys of Europe.

Other than that it's applied to smaller scale ethically targeted massacres, and the mass transportation of ethnic populations from certain areas. These should not be described as Genocides, but they are anyway because people want to try and increase awareness and outrage of the offences by using the exaggerated term. They are bad yes, but not genocides.

The case of Tibet is one of aggressive cultural imperialism and colonisation. There is imprisonment, torture, and transportation, but mostly the worst offence is the putting down and controlling of the native culture: Replacing everything with Chinese language, rewriting their history, controlling their religion (which was the old apparatus of government), moving in a Hahn Chinese population and giving the preferred place for jobs etc.

Britain followed exactly the same path with Ireland.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
The mediocre one at 12:06PM, April 26, 2007
(offline)
Ah, well, then pardon my innacuracies.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Phantom Penguin at 2:52PM, April 26, 2007
(offline)
Its just like the Armenian Genocide. No one cares.
Its the same reason why there is no “Genocide memorial day”. Or why no one is stopping the genocide in Sudan. No one cares.

Its disgusting to think. But its true. And google censoring? I'm not suprised. They get paid millions by china to censor the chinese version of google, i'm sure for a little more they want google to snuff out other things.

Who suprised a multi-billion dollar company is doing shaddy shit?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
The mediocre one at 7:47PM, May 15, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
Its just like the Armenian Genocide. No one cares.
Its the same reason why there is no “Genocide memorial day”. Or why no one is stopping the genocide in Sudan. No one cares.

Its disgusting to think. But its true. And google censoring? I'm not suprised. They get paid millions by china to censor the chinese version of google, i'm sure for a little more they want google to snuff out other things.

Who suprised a multi-billion dollar company is doing shaddy shit?

True, true. I'm just waiting on the apocalypse to destroy most civilizations of mankind so we can get a restart.
Paper Mache Cataclysm
Ian Jay at 8:20PM, May 16, 2007
(offline)
There are very few debates nowadays that I take a side in, but this really shouldn't be happening, especially when you consider how cool a place Tibet was.

We should do something about it. Seriously.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved