Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Time Management T_T
junkyb at 11:32AM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
Oke, so I just started my first manga, but I started it pretty much when I was sick for two weeks, recently graduated, and without a job.

I'll be starting a new job soon, full time. For those of you established, comic bookers with full time jobs, how do you do it? What's the average time you spend on one page? When do you draw/edit it? How many pages do you put out a week? What's your update schedule?

So far, I spend maybe 3-4 hours on 1 page. I can knock it out in one day, but it'll usually take up the whole day because I usually get up, and do other stuff. Most times, I do it before I go to bed, but I end up staying up until 2AM. I'm aiming for 2 pages a week, but it's the post-production/photoshop coloring that takes so long! And when I start my job, I'm afraid I won't have time at all to draw, but this is something I really want to finish! Any time management tips for a favorite hobby that won't make my life complicated?

Danke in advance :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
ledpusha at 11:59AM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
Make plots and thumbnails during the week like in the morning or on a break. Then draw and letter a couple of pages on the weekend from your plot during the week and update on the weekdays. I do this method and it works for me. Plus nothing comes on the tv on the weekends really.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
junkyb at 9:06PM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
Thanks for the idea. Doing a mini-storyboard would help eliminate the amount of erasing I do ya? hehe. It'll help me map out a layout for each page as well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
ledpusha at 12:16AM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
I do it all of the time. I usually thumb out 5 pages at a time to keep that idea going.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved