Help, Support and Suggestions

TITLE IMAGE and THUMBNAIL problems- please read!
terrthebear at 10:43PM, Oct. 5, 2009
(online)
i just signed up today, when i used opera, the send button was there but the upload button above it was gone, then i switched over to firefox, its fine, so i think DD is really ruling out Opera users, not anything wrong with that
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
ozoneocean at 6:39AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
I believe it's a javascript thing.
DD really needs to update in that respect, but the truth is that the site doesn't do that. No updates. Sorry. :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 7:08AM, Oct. 25, 2009
(offline)
I have solved two of the the annoying bugs here. Not gonna read all the posts to see if they've been solved already.

If you can't send a new thumbnail and title image in-the browse buttons aren't there-you need to switch to Compatability mode on your computer by clicking ‘Tools’ and then “Compatability View”
If you cannot change the genre of your comic. Go to a comic-an example is drunkduck.com/differences-and find the three tabs that read “Drunk Duck main page - DD Forums - Control pannel”. Click on “Control Pannel” It will send you to a new, different version of the “My account” feature that lays under your avatar when it is in veiw. When at the control Panel, click on the comic's name that you want to change. It will send you to a basic version of your “Comic Overveiw” Click on the drop down menu, switch the genre, and no longer will your comic annoyingly be called a fantasy comic.

Hope that helps some people if it's a new discovery.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
llOnyxll at 1:46AM, Nov. 15, 2009
(offline)
Very simple
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
pokesam at 2:34PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(offline)
ok how do i upload a banner for my comic? the pages load just fine, but i can't upload a banner in any way! what do i do now?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
ozoneocean at 3:13PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
pokesam
ok how do i upload a banner for my comic? the pages load just fine, but i can't upload a banner in any way! what do i do now?
What browser are you using? All the advice on how to get a banner uploaded is all through this thread…

yungdman at 4:26PM, Dec. 21, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Many users have trouble uploading thumbnails and title banners for their comic, here are a few quick words that may help:

*First off, when you can't click the “SEND” button try:
*You can either just move the cursor around to the edges of the button around the text and it will usually eventually turn into an arrow cursor in some spots. That's when you click it!
*The other way I think is to click the text in the file path bar and use your Tab key to try and select it. (tabbing usually skips between all selectable objects)
*You can also just click in the text where the path is and hit enter. Hitting enter should activate the send as well.

Secondly, for some reason the “SEND” button doesn't even show up in Safari on Macs, in that case:
*You can try downloading and installing an alternative browser, here are some excellent alternatives:
Firefox, Camino, SeaMonkey, Opera.

Note- If you're using your own template then this tag must be in there somewhere, above the comic preferably:

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
a_star at 7:55PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
My problem is that there isn't a “browse” option to upload the image itself. The send button is there, however, and seems operational. It's just that there's no way to upload a new image. I think there used to be a white box and a “browse” or similar button next to it for this purpose, but it's been gone for several months now. Any advice?

**edit: Okay, so apparently the problem is with Safari. Works in Firefox, so that's what I'll use from now on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
n_y_japlander at 6:19AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(offline)
a_star
My problem is that there isn't a “browse” option to upload the image itself. The send button is there, however, and seems operational. It's just that there's no way to upload a new image. I think there used to be a white box and a “browse” or similar button next to it for this purpose, but it's been gone for several months now. Any advice?

**edit: Okay, so apparently the problem is with Safari. Works in Firefox, so that's what I'll use from now on.

looks the same in the latest IE, and Google chrome. I use Google chrome, and There are no browse buttons…. I will install Firefox and use it only for this reason…
is there a way to fix this problem in the script or HTML so that it is multi browser friendly?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
ozoneocean at 7:25AM, Jan. 20, 2010
(online)
n_y_japlander
is there a way to fix this problem in the script or HTML so that it is multi browser friendly?
Probably.
If we could get someone to update it -_-

Chrome is based on Safari. Safari always had trouble with the Javascript DD uses. Safari and Chrome went their own way with Javascript.
IE only messes up in the latest version, you need to enable compatibility view in IE to end the issues here and elsewhere.

n_y_japlander at 7:08AM, Jan. 21, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
Probably.
If we could get someone to update it -_-

Chrome is based on Safari. Safari always had trouble with the Javascript DD uses. Safari and Chrome went their own way with Javascript.
IE only messes up in the latest version, you need to enable compatibility view in IE to end the issues here and elsewhere.

Thanks… I will use one of the compatible programs (dis like IE with all the simple adons') ) for the time being… Thanks bunches!
(^U^)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
spkdpnch at 6:29PM, Feb. 3, 2010
(online)
I keep trying to upload both pages *it says I have one one up but there is no picture at all

and the thumbnail. It's under the size limit but every Time I push send, it looks like it's working but nothing shows up.

So, I'm not sure what to do.

and I'm using firefox
www.castleart.org *if I ever get it up to date, I'll be suprised*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
ozoneocean at 7:19PM, Feb. 3, 2010
(online)
Could you try clearing out your cache and try uploading again?
With Firefox, click on “tools”, then “clear recent history”.

Try selecting “today”.

If after clearing that and testing uploading again things still don't work, then clear the history again, but this time select “everything”.
-if you do that it will sign you out of everything and you'll have to re-login to all your online stuff. (not a problem, but it's something to be aware of).

If after that you still have trouble, come and tell me.

spkdpnch at 7:54PM, Feb. 3, 2010
(online)
I cleared the cache and got logged out. I came back, logged in, uploaded and I have my thing saying I have one page but on my account page, when I go to that comic and look at overview there is nothing there. In my other comic which I put up some time ago, the image shows up when I go there.

I try to upload the thumbnail and nothing ever shows up, not matter how small I make the file.

There are not capitals in the file name or spaces. the size is well under 500 k, it's saved as a .jpg in photoshop 7 and I'm using windows 7.
www.castleart.org *if I ever get it up to date, I'll be suprised*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
blackhatpirate at 3:03AM, Feb. 8, 2010
(offline)
is there a particular reason why when i click on the send button it justt refreshes the whole page?
im not a bad pirate, im just bad at being a pirate..
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
ozoneocean at 8:44PM, Feb. 8, 2010
(online)
spkdpnch
That's terrible. Sorry I missed the last of this. I notice you have two thumbnails now and one blank one. Was the issue resolved?

blackhatpirate
is there a particular reason why when i click on the send button it just refreshes the whole page?
Is your thumbnail a jpg? Is is the right size? (same as other thumbnails on the site). What browser are you using?

Hayakain at 9:04PM, Feb. 8, 2010
(online)
This has probably been discussed elsewhere here, and I missed it, but when I changed the rating of my comic from E to M, it remains E on the thumbnail after 2 days.
Just thought I'd mention it.
]
Check out www.hayakain.deviantart.com
OR www.furaffinity.net/user/hayakain/ for other works :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Renard at 3:57PM, Feb. 15, 2010
(online)
I uploaded a title banner for my comic but it was too big, so I tried to upload a new one, but it still showed the old one. I deleted the old one from DD (and it no longer showed at the top of my comic) and I deleted it from my computer too, but when I tried to upload the new one it showed the one I just deleted!

What do I do?
Sweat save blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both. -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
ozoneocean at 11:13PM, Feb. 15, 2010
(online)
Renard
I uploaded a title banner for my comic but it was too big, so I tried to upload a new one, but it still showed the old one. I deleted the old one from DD (and it no longer showed at the top of my comic) and I deleted it from my computer too, but when I tried to upload the new one it showed the one I just deleted!

What do I do?

Usually you just clear your browser cache and it will show the new one.
If not however, it may have been affected by this annoying thing we have currently that keep on reverting changes to the site. If that's the case you'll have to upload the new banner all over again. Sorry :(
Hayakain
This has probably been discussed elsewhere here, and I missed it, but when I changed the rating of my comic from E to M, it remains E on the thumbnail after 2 days.
Just thought I'd mention it.
It will usually update itself after a while, or you could try making a new thumbnail and that will force it to change. (should do anyway).

I have no idea if this post will still be here tomorrow… —____—"

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Renard at 12:25PM, Feb. 16, 2010
(online)
My browser deletes all of the cached files when I close, I should have tried that first. I got the new banner up now though, so no harm done!
Sweat save blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both. -Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Tantz Aerine at 12:43PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
Question: Somehow, I can't seem to find where the little image showing if the comic is action, fantasy or other is, and my new comic shows up in the thumbnail as fantasy when it's supposed to be ‘action’.

I have clicked on the appropriate categories but nowhere can I find a button/menu to precise the comic genre. :/

I'm not looking in the wrong place am I?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
skoolmunkee at 2:34PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
You should be able to change your genre in the comic control panel, you have to click one of the links that says ‘advanced comic description’, or the other one ‘even more comic description’ (well, it's not called that, but I can't remember what).

If it's right there but wrong on the thumbnail, that's a thumbnail thing. You'd have to re-generate a thumbnail I think. You can probably just upload the same one you had. :]
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Tantz Aerine at 3:12PM, April 23, 2010
(online)
well I did all that, but it doesn't work. :(

skoolmunkee at 1:29AM, April 24, 2010
(online)
I had a peek and it looks like you have the comic set to “War” as the main one. There's no icon for war (or mystery or tribute). It's probably using the fantasy as a default.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Tantz Aerine at 6:42AM, April 24, 2010
(online)
ok thanks! gonna try that.

Tantz Aerine at 12:20AM, April 29, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I had a peek and it looks like you have the comic set to “War” as the main one. There's no icon for war (or mystery or tribute). It's probably using the fantasy as a default.

Ok, I switched it to ‘adventure’ as the primary one, and it still isn't working. :( I just don't want the fantasy icon there, trying to get at least the ‘action’ one to show up.

ozoneocean at 12:28AM, April 29, 2010
(online)
Tantz Aerine
Ok, I switched it to ‘adventure’ as the primary one, and it still isn't working. :( I just don't want the fantasy icon there, trying to get at least the ‘action’ one to show up.
Is that Without Moonlight? Maybe if it had at least a page first?

Tantz Aerine at 1:54AM, April 30, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
Tantz Aerine
Is that Without Moonlight? Maybe if it had at least a page first?

well, working on that :p

Ok, I'll wait until I have at least the cover up and see what happens.

ShadowMatrix at 6:48PM, June 4, 2010
(offline)
OK I'm having some kind of a problem and I think this place might be the best to explain it. I kindly request a detailed explanation if any because I have had bad history at other places they tend to tell me something I'm still kind of scratching my head at what they just said. My problem is when I go to make and posting my next comic or when i go change my banner and thumbnail it loads it fine but then it shows as a broken image file like you cant see it all it replace with that broken image icon. No for the record my images are a .png file that upload from my pc. Is there something wrong with site or something? Because I (foolishly) deleted one my older comics as an experiment and then re uploaded it because I didn't change anything to it since I first uploaded. I'm doing something wrong? Any help would be really great.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
ozoneocean at 9:21PM, June 6, 2010
(online)
ShadowMatrix
OK I'm having some kind of a problem and I think this place might be the best to explain it. I kindly request a detailed explanation if any because I have had bad history at other places they tend to tell me something I'm still kind of scratching my head at what they just said. My problem is when I go to make and posting my next comic or when i go change my banner and thumbnail it loads it fine but then it shows as a broken image file like you cant see it all it replace with that broken image icon. No for the record my images are a .png file that upload from my pc. Is there something wrong with site or something? Because I (foolishly) deleted one my older comics as an experiment and then re uploaded it because I didn't change anything to it since I first uploaded. I'm doing something wrong? Any help would be really great.
Please try again. I think perhaps there was a memory issue with the site at the time you uploaded.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved