Networking & Community Projects*

To Be A Master, A Pokemon Community Project (Name Pending)
Glarg at 10:48AM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
Someone
These level 80+ Pokemon popping up are really kinda silly o.o;

Hey, im just using the pokemon I have in my Gold, Silver, Crystal, Saphire, Ruby, Emerald, FR, LG, Pearl, and Diamond games….

Yes I like to keep ONLY those three pokemon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Enef at 3:40PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
The only way to get through the whole game(easily) is to have 80+ pokemon, thus trainers that have done just that are likely to have pokemon of that level and higher. It's logic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
NPC_Girl at 5:55PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)
i dunno, I've completed the games at lv60. but then again i usually have a full batch of legendaries as well. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
TrueNamu at 6:28PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I've gotten through on one Pokemon every time, so 80+ is for people who don't look for a challenge in their battles.
ONLY “art” I'm good at,is my guitar.

drunkduck.com/Des
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Cheeko at 6:49PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)
I agree, a limitation sounds very fair. I'm kind of tired seeing all of these level 99 and level 76 and level 83 pokemon. It wouldn't be very interesting that way, would it?

I've beaten Silver with level 65 or less pokemon, and none of them were legendaries. One of them was even still in the 50s, now that I think about it.

-Romans 8:28-
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
xanos at 7:09PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(online)

Character Information:
Name:koren
Pokemon League Level:8 Hoenn badges, and 4 original badges (from the first game?)
Pokemon Team: magnemite (lvl 24) grovile (lvl 32) haunter (lvl 28) raichu (lvl 30) *empty space* *emptey space*
Character Background:koren was originally from rusburo city but now he travels around as a pokemon trainer. he never did finish his first league he went to but the second one he completed succesfully (though he lost in the second round of the finals) now he plans to try even harder and this time make it at lease to the semi finals (if possible) oh boy he determined!
Personality: koren is a rather kind person. this normally gets him into trouble because of his habit of striving to help others. he often found sticking his nose in buissness he dosent belong but he hasn't been in any REAL troubleYET
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
hpkomic at 9:47PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I propose a level 50 lock, so all pokemon on a team may not exceed level 50.

As for my trainer, I just ported over my actual team with the Farfetch'd I've been training forever. Level 5 to the 90s isn't exactly easy.

Or maybe the whole team may not go over 100 levels. Imagine having to divide your levels amongst your team. So a level 20 here, level 30 there would already be responsible for 50 levels out of your MAX 100.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
GigasDragon at 11:45PM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
Okay, after some discussion with hpkomic, we figure that the best plan of action isn't a limit, rather, we simply abolish the whole level thing altogether. It should definately help by balancing out the whole thing so that no trainer gets left in the dust. However, we did decide that each trainer will have one star Pokemon- their favorite, essentially, much like what Pikachu is to Ash Ketchum, or what Dragonite was to (the orange island) Drake in the anime. Their star Pokemon is a trump card that is seen often in battle, and the toughest one they got.

In addition, the comic's forums has been set up! So now, we can have more in depth discussion about all this there, just follow the link at the comic page! http://www.drunkduck.com/To_Be_A_Master_a_DrunkDuck_Pokemon_Event/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
AQua_ng at 8:23AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
That sounds like a good idea, but how closely should we lean towards the anime in general e.g. are held items allowed etc.?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
Warspritecomic at 8:35AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(online)
Hmm, I never thought the level things were anything important. I just put the level thing in to show how much he treasures his pokemon like the lower levels were ones he didn't particularly like a lot.

Also I think that the ‘holding items’ deal could just depend on your trainer like if you've got a trainer that cheats, they could put some sort of cheating item somewhere on their body. I think that could just be limited to your imagination. Just what I feel though.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
GigasDragon at 9:57AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
That sounds like a good idea, but how closely should we lean towards the anime in general e.g. are held items allowed etc.?

I can let held items fly, yeah. Though things like Leftovers might be a pain to illustrate, who needs a Pokémon munching on a half eaten apple after every move? :P Though usable items like Potions and what not are probably not going to be used.

Hmm… cheaty trainers… I wouldn't allow them in the side story battles but the main storyline on the other hand I might have a use for them.
Glarg at 3:50AM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
GigasDragon
AQua_ng

I can let held items fly, yeah. Though things like Leftovers might be a pain to illustrate, who needs a Pokémon munching on a half eaten apple after every move? :P Though usable items like Potions and what not are probably not going to be used.

Hmm… cheaty trainers… I wouldn't allow them in the side story battles but the main storyline on the other hand I might have a use for them.

Yes, shellbell time!
Kohdok at 6:44AM, Sept. 18, 2007
(online)
GigasDragon
Okay, after some discussion with hpkomic, we figure that the best plan of action isn't a limit, rather, we simply abolish the whole level thing altogether. It should definately help by balancing out the whole thing so that no trainer gets left in the dust. However, we did decide that each trainer will have one star Pokemon- their favorite, essentially, much like what Pikachu is to Ash Ketchum, or what Dragonite was to (the orange island) Drake in the anime. Their star Pokemon is a trump card that is seen often in battle, and the toughest one they got.

If I remember right, Charizard was Ash's trump card for a while. My trainer has a different star pokemon (Cradily) and trump card pokemon(Garchomp).

EDIT: What about Dark pokemon? Are they allowed?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
magnus911 at 3:05PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
Kohdok
GigasDragon

If I remember right, Charizard was Ash's trump card for a while. My trainer has a different star pokemon (Cradily) and trump card pokemon(Garchomp).

Do you mean Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum/XD? They've only been seen in Orre, and unless Team Snagem or Cipher interfere with the tournament, I don't think we'll see them. Oh wait. I think the greatest threat to the Pokemon world so far has been Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (especially Shadow Lugia), maybe they can be involved in this thing! That would just be pure awesomeness!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Glarg at 4:24PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
magnus911
Kohdok
GigasDragon

Do you mean Shadow Pokemon from Colosseum/XD? They've only been seen in Orre, and unless Team Snagem or Cipher interfere with the tournament, I don't think we'll see them. Oh wait. I think the greatest threat to the Pokemon world so far has been Cipher and their Shadow Pokemon (especially Shadow Lugia), maybe they can be involved in this thing! That would just be pure awesomeness!

Well, Kuumba has a shiny pokemon, course dark pokemon will be accepted.
Kohdok at 7:42PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(online)
magnus911
Kohdok

Actually, I meant Dark pokemon like we see in the Team Rocket expansions (Like the TCG and what Shrimpy has on his site).

Dark pokemon, as per Team Rocket and Return of Team Rocket, are probably worse than Shadow Pokemon. Dark Pokemon are inherently cruel, a cruelness brought out with other methods than artificially closing the heart of a pokemon. It's not quite as reversible and the pokemon are often much more wild. They're meaner and harder to control, but they don't get any special moves like Shadow pokemon.

Imagine a showdown involving a trainer that totally loses control of a Dark or Shadow pokemon.
magnus911 at 3:13PM, Sept. 19, 2007
(offline)
Kohdok
Actually, I meant Dark pokemon like we see in the Team Rocket expansions (Like the TCG and what Shrimpy has on his site).

Dark pokemon, as per Team Rocket and Return of Team Rocket, are probably worse than Shadow Pokemon. Dark Pokemon are inherently cruel, a cruelness brought out with other methods than artificially closing the heart of a pokemon. It's not quite as reversible and the pokemon are often much more wild. They're meaner and harder to control, but they don't get any special moves like Shadow pokemon.

Imagine a showdown involving a trainer that totally loses control of a Dark or Shadow pokemon.

Oh, those things. I have some cards of those actually. I never really liked them… they weren't as powerful as my other cards XD.

Dark and Shadow Pokemon would definitely make things more interesting in this event.
Warspritecomic at 9:00AM, Sept. 20, 2007
(online)
Hmm, Isn't Houndor and Houndoom dark Pokemon? I'm sure Dark was another type (rarely used, like metal pokemon or something) to combat the overall Pwnage of psycic pokemon. Like I said there are only a few pokemon in Gold and Silver that are actually the dark type.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
NPC_Girl at 10:33AM, Sept. 20, 2007
(online)
Yea… :-S i'm getting confused here with the shadow and dark thing. i'm pretty sure Dark is a pokemon type. isn't there a gym or something for it?
pokemon Diamond is a huuuuge game!!!! T_T I've already played it for 10 hours and I'm still stuck with 2 badges!!!! i want fly…
Cheeko at 10:45AM, Sept. 20, 2007
(online)
NPC_Girl
Yea… :-S i'm getting confused here with the shadow and dark thing. i'm pretty sure Dark is a pokemon type. isn't there a gym or something for it?
pokemon Diamond is a huuuuge game!!!! T_T I've already played it for 10 hours and I'm still stuck with 2 badges!!!! i want fly…

Yeah, if you haven't played the games things can get confusing. XP
Dark pokemon are the pokemon TYPE, but Shadow pokemon refer to a certain STATUS that some pokemon can achieve. Shadow Pokes are basically pokemon that have been “turned evil” through artificial means. Imagine the evil twin aspect of yourself, only you've been scientifically altered to BECOME that alternate personality.

I think that Gigas Dragon should have the final say in whatever we propose. There are some great ideas here, but because it's his idea and event, he may have something already in mind. Throwing more stuff into the mix might just complicate it, but I'm not saying there might not be any room for it. :)

PS: I updated Gloria's team stats. Team levels are gone, hurrah! :D

-Romans 8:28-
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
kitty17 at 1:08PM, Sept. 20, 2007
(offline)

Rin Delfria
Height: 4'8
Info: She's short with a temper to match and is easily annoyed. Often mistaken for a younger child she tries to keep a tough exterior, though at times she finds it difficult. She doesn't limit her standards when it comes to strength, often searching for higher skilled poketrainers.

Team
Pikachu- lvl 46
Articuno- lvl 39
Venusaur- lvl 40
Flareon- lvl 27
Squirtle- lvl 33
Geodude- lvl 20

<—lawlz her pikachu

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
magnus911 at 5:00PM, Sept. 20, 2007
(offline)
Cheeko
NPC_Girl

Yeah, if you haven't played the games things can get confusing. XP
Dark pokemon are the pokemon TYPE, but Shadow pokemon refer to a certain STATUS that some pokemon can achieve. Shadow Pokes are basically pokemon that have been “turned evil” through artificial means. Imagine the evil twin aspect of yourself, only you've been scientifically altered to BECOME that alternate personality.

I think that Gigas Dragon should have the final say in whatever we propose. There are some great ideas here, but because it's his idea and event, he may have something already in mind. Throwing more stuff into the mix might just complicate it, but I'm not saying there might not be any room for it. :)

PS: I updated Gloria's team stats. Team levels are gone, hurrah! :D

Yes, Dark is a type of Pokemon, however, in the TCG “Team Rocket” and “Return of Team Rocket” set, there are some Pokemon that are called “Dark”, but are not necessarily the Dark type. eg. Dark Meowth.

These Dark Pokemon were just raised evilly(like abuse and stuff) by Team Rocket to turn them into more aggressive and terrifying fighting machines. Technically they're non-canon, since it is only a TCG set, and Shadow Pokemon seem to have taken their spot in the games. If you don't know where Shadow Pokemon come from, they only appear in the GameCube Pokemon games. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, both of which take place in the Orre region.

I do agree that Gigas Dragon should have the final say, he did come up with this very awesome idea.
NPC_Girl at 4:16AM, Sept. 21, 2007
(online)
Ooooh i see. i never got around to buying the game cube games :3
Warspritecomic at 10:29AM, Sept. 22, 2007
(online)
I got a bit confused when you said the dark Pokemon. I mean, anything that has happened about pokemon before pokemon Ruby and Saphire I probably know.
I mean I used to be the best Pokemon TCG player when I was younger. God I feel like such a nerd XD

GigasDragon at 10:51PM, Sept. 22, 2007
(offline)
Hey guys, sorry that I haven't posted in a while, pretty busy with a few things and now I'm visiting family, so I'm not able to access my machine at home. Hopefully I'll be able to get things started sometime by the end of next week or so. If not, well, I really need to focus more >_>
Kohdok at 7:23PM, Oct. 1, 2007
(online)
magnus911
These Dark Pokemon were just raised evilly(like abuse and stuff) by Team Rocket to turn them into more aggressive and terrifying fighting machines. Technically they're non-canon, since it is only a TCG set, and Shadow Pokemon seem to have taken their spot in the games.

Not Quite

There are “Dark” pokemon in the anime, as well.

This is a Dark Tyranitar from the anime. Note the darker skin color and evil expression.
Warspritecomic at 8:14AM, Oct. 2, 2007
(online)
Well, I think we have sorted out what dark Pokemon are.

Anyways scrap my idea for my trainer. Just quite a bit too… cliché. I've got another one comic tommorrow once I finish the drawing. It's going to be a bit more, different (think Superman style trainer)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon