Media Megaforum

To Quote That Homeless Guy From "Anger Pauly"...
Ian Jay at 7:04PM, Nov. 30, 2006
(offline)
"It is like there is a third setting on the fight switch and somebody flipped it from 'on' to 'even more on'.“

Or, for those too lazy to click the above links:

In a recent broadcast, media pundit Stephen Colbert called indie rock sensation The Decemberists ”coattail-riders“ after the band announced their ”Reanimate the Decemberists“ contest (they did the video for their single ”O Valencia!“ in front of a green screen, and they're asking YOU to animate it), a challenge eerily similar to Colbert's green-screen lightsaber challenge a while back. He issued a ”Second Green-Screen Challenge" prompting viewers to edit Colbert into the Decemberists' video, destroying them with his saber skillz.

However! Dec'ists lead singer Colin Meloy issued a counterchallenge in an e-mail to Pitchfork yesterday, calling for Colbert to be defeated by the band in fans' animation creations. He also issued a “Solo Guitar Challenge” against Colbert himself, saying, quote, “Put down the pen, Colbert, and pick up the axe! Let's see what kind of a man you really are– let's SHRED. Let truth and good music prevail!!!”

I know I haven't been posting on this forum recently, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Will straight-shooting journalism prevail, or be defeated at the hands of hip faux-vintage shanty singers? Stay tuned to find out!

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
ccs1989 at 6:40PM, Dec. 1, 2006
(online)
Keep us posted on this, Ian!

In an almost completely unrelated note, do you know Colbert used to do commercials for screwdrivers? In my Media Studies class we were looking at old commercials and this one with Colbert came up with him going to people asking what they thought of particular screw-drivers.

Yeah.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
ozoneocean at 1:40AM, Dec. 2, 2006
(online)
Is that his real name?
Because I remember him being just an ordinary comedy actor for years and years before Stewarts show and the Colbert thing… Polly IS his real name.

Interesting note IJ, YOU should eneter the comp! Quick path to fame and sucsess ;)
Great way to show off your many and considerable tallents. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Red Slayer at 5:06PM, Dec. 2, 2006
(online)
This has awesome potential.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved