Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Top "WTF?!" moments you've had.
Aurora Moon at 2:37AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
So I was just wondering if any of you had ever had any random, off-the-wall moments occur in your lives.

it can be the very acts of stupidity. Acts so stupid that you were baffled to how the people you witnessed committing those acts could be functional despite having the IQ of an vegetable.

Or it could be those bizarre moments that just left you scratching your head.

even the random but funny things happening that don't just happen everyday and left you saying “lol, wtf?”

I'll start.

There was a time when I was attending to college on foot, as seeing I didn't like the public transport system… mostly old people use it, so it got that certain smell if you get my drift. plus sometimes they randomly talk to me about awkward things that makes one just want to get off quick.

So everyday I would to to the college from my apartment as seeing it was pretty close. And it just so happened that there was also a high school nearby. So I had this high school senior boy who would walk along the same route as I did.

Now keep in mind this is an compete stranger who I don't know at all. but He was an familiar face in the background nonetheless. Also keep in mind that I'm a petite 5'3, a waif of a girl… while this boy was 6'0, looked like he worked out a little bit. So this stranger could had taken me on and won if it came to brawn and size alone.

But he would go to far lengths to completely avoid me. for instance, if I had late classes and he was just walking home after school… he would see me coming towards his general direction, he would then suddenly cross the road just to use the sidewalk on the other side. That or he'd suddenly go the other way.
He would never let us get any closer other than 14 feet apart.

This always got my attention, and it would often make me wonder about him a lot. Anyway one time I actually managed to slip up right behind him without him realizing that I had been walking alongside him. I wanted to see what he'd do then once he realized that we weren't 14 feet apart like usual. I even uttered a simple: “Yo. Can you move aside… I'm late for class.” just to clue him in to this fact, even though I wasn't actually late.

His reaction wasn't what I expected. He actually spun around with this shocked expression, and his legs literally started shaking. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating his reaction but I wish that was the case. this dude was for real–he was actually scared of me!

despite the fact that we've never met before, and our age differences made it impossible for us to have met at any place where we could had commonly hung out at… He was scared of me for some weird reason.

I just gave him a weird look as I passed by him, but I ignored him afterward. Hey, I decided that he was probably some freak who had some sort of social phobia or something. I'm a little bit of a goth if you have to go by stereotypes… I have naturally pale skin, dyed hair of my choosing at the time, and I love wearing fishnet at times. But I'm a little bit punk too when it comes to the other stereotypes.

Now, dyed hair might be a little bit of a rarity in ND, but really… if he was freaked out over my appearance or something then man, he must had led an sheltered life.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
VegaX at 3:42AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
At first i though maybe the guy just had a crush on you but it seems he really IS afraid of you. And seeing that you snapped at him with that “Yo. Can you move aside” line i guess he was right in avoiding you.

Aurora Moon
Hey, I decided that he was probably some freak who had some sort of social phobia or something.
Classy…

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Aurora Moon at 4:00AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
you completely misinterpreted my line. I didn't say it in an angry snappish way. it was more like a polite tone, said rather quietly. I'm not the type to snap at people. O_o so you see… he actually had NO reason to be scared of me at all.

I wasn't even one of those “Hardcore” goths where they wear black lipstick, pasty white makeup, etc. in fact I prefer to go au natural when it comes to my face… and I don't wear any “Hardcore” clothing nether. I got your avenge T-shirts, jeans, etc when I go to college. the most “hardcore” I do wear is this favorite spiky choker of mine and the occasional arm warmers.

Does all that exactly scream “this girl is going to majorly fuck you up!”? I don't think so.

not to mention… he was taller and more muscular than I was. He could had taken me on any time if he seriously felt threatened, or something like that. How does a guy like that become scared of some girl who's so short that she only comes up to a few inches just below his chin? I can't even reach the top cabinets in my apartment… I have to use a footstool for that. and forget about me doing any heavy lifting. :p

Double edit: I suppose I should also add in a few extra information on why this incident was an “wtf” moment for me.

You see, when I first noticed this odd behavior I admittedly did think that he might had an crush. But… I had also heard of some stories where perverts would use simlar tactics to catch the girls off guard from behind. So that's why I kept on bringing up our height and build here… and why I kept on pointing out that in a fight he could take on me AND WIN. That's why I was unsure around him a little, always wondering what was going on in his head.
Hey, North Dakota might have the lowest crime rate of any state in the USA, but that doesn't mean shit don't happen here.
So imagine MY surprise when he's actually more scared of ME than I was of him as an potential kidnapper/pervert after seeing that he still hadn't attempted anything after a few months.

really, when you think about it from that perspective it's kind of funny…
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Ozoneocean at 5:07AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
That's hilarious ^^
Sounds like he didn't know what to do!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Aurora Moon at 6:00AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Another “WTF” moment here… this would probably fall under the “Stupid things people do” category.

this happened around two years ago in summer time. I was walking home from the mall… but it was quite far in terms of one mile and a half. So of course carrying my bags home (mostly dvds, manga, and games since those are really the only things I shop for). I know it doesn't sound like heavy lifting, but light objects combined together can make for one heavy object.

So I had this method to keep my hands from getting tired… I would actually put the plastic bags' handles over my wrists so that they could carry most of the weight. And sometimes I'd carry my hands “limpwrist” style to help relax my wrists so that they didn't get worn out like my hands could. my palms face outwards though, so it wasn't like that stereotypical “Gay pose”. I know this method sounds rather stupid in itself, but it worked for me anyway.

On this day It was actually one of those rare days where I was actually wearing a skirt and everything. As an general rule I normally don't wear skirts or dresses unless on special occasions but that day I ran out of clean pants to wear, so.

Anyway, this group of drunken teenagers in this pickup car drove by and saw my bag carrying method. They all started laughing hysterically, and then tried to goad me by throwing insults at me. such as: “No real woman would have the sense to walk like that in public! come on, you're a crossdresser, right? GAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!”

I paused, stared at them for a few seconds and noticed that they were of course VERY drunk. So I decided not to respond to any of their insults and just kept on walking.

But they wouldn't let up. They actually followed alongside, still heckling me. But they failed to notice that there was actually a police car nearby, and they kept that up long enough to catch the attention of the police.

The policeman noticed that they were attempting to harass me, so he stopped both of us. I politely explained to him what happened. Then he actually looked at me up and down, and then couldn't help but remark: “I can't believe anybody would mistake you for a cross dresser.” He then turns to face the drunk teenager boys. “Come on out now boys. You know you've had enough to drink when you can't tell the difference between a natural-born woman and a cross dresser!”
my response was: “Thanks. Can I go now? I'd like to get home before dark…”
He then asked me if I was sure in that I didn't want to file Harassment charges or anything. I just shook my head, saying that their own stupidity were punishing them enough already.
He laughed and let me go.

That was basically about it. So walking an certain way automically makes a woman an cross dresser according to drunken logic. :p
Ozoneocean at 6:22AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Sounds embarrassing. There's something about some men… When the testosterone is going they can't seem to tell for some reason.

Reminds me of the time I was out walking near the beach with a friend of mine;
She was a fashion model, but we were both dressed fairly similarly, in flared jeans and loose tops. Anyway, we walked passed a group of surfers all gathered around their car and they started whistling saying “whooo, sexy girls!” and such…

You're sort of torn between embarrassment, amusement and concern…

And the bugger of it was that it happened again when we went past another large group of guys. Very strange day. Very much “wtf”
—————————————-

I remember other-
I was in a sword shop having a look at what they had. Then the sales rep comes up and encourages me to have a better look. So I pick up a really nice katana, unsheathe it and look it over… Then I start doing some fancy moves with it, swinging it about, spinning it side to side in a figure 8 and such. Then I hear this gasp from behind me- I'd almost gutted this guy browsing the shop and he'd just dodged out of the way.

I was shocked and apologised to the shop sales rep, but he just laughed and encouraged me to keep on going!
I just thought WTF?

I'd already told him I wasn't looking to buy, but that OTHER guy might have been… I suppose being a sales rep gets boring and sometimes it's more fun to encourage people to do silly things :)
Signz at 7:33AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Mkay i have a good random story. Its actually 100% true, and no i have no idea how it ended up happening. I asked the guy afterwards and he was like “it was just something i had to do.” I doubt any of you can top this.

———————-
Awhile ago at school, this is like a couple weeks i was hanging out with a few of my friends. my one friend had been acting weird all week, and avoiding his girlfriend and other stuff.. we always meant to ask him why but you know, we're 15 year old guys and talking about feelings isn't one of our strong points. Anyways this guy in order for you all to go all WTF has dyed green hair. like… dark green. and he's like into death metal and stuff, in fact he has a cannibal corpse t-shirt on and all that stuff.

So anyways all the sudden his girlfriend comes flying around the corner all teary eyed and upset that yet again he wasn't hanging out with her at lunch. So the rest of us (It's like me and two other of my friends just stand back for abit and pretend to talk about something else)

Anyways all the sudden she just says “F*** you its over!” and turns to walk away crying. There are a few other people in the hallway too, seniors and stuff like that. We're like “Ohh… shit… this is bad.” Right when my one friend goes in to try to calm the guy down he runs over to her, like in the middle of the hallway and screams “WAAAAIT!” So now everyone in the hallway is looking at him.

He looks around and we see he's crying and we're like “oh dear this is gonna be bad…” And then all the sudden it happens.

He starts belting out Changes by David Bowie. In the middle of the hall. at the top of his lungs.

Everyone is way to bewildered to do anything, even the seniors (i'm pretty sure one of them was grabbing for his camera phone) Anyways he keeps belting it out jumping around the hallway until the 2nd chorus when it goes “Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!” and this one senior tries to sing the second part. but he doesn't know the full lyrics so he stops after abit.

then after my friend finally finishes the song around 3 mins long, he wipes the tears from his eyes and its dead silent. Just as the teacher rounds the hallway to figure out what the hell's going on one of the seniors yells “wait… WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT?!” Then everyone just started laughing except the girl and my friend. yeah.

He still got dumped but they're friends. If only i knew the lyrics to a Bowie song off by heart…..
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 8:10AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Signz

Lmao. This got me to laugh pretty hard.
I did not think ANYBODY would have the balls to start singing in the middle of a high school. That's crazy.

I have a few.

I'll start with the non-school one.
This happened…about 2 years ago.

Okay, so my friend and I were on our way home from walking down to the gas station to get some snacks. And well, this lady pulls up by us (we were on the sidewalk), and she rolls down her window, and asks, "Hey, do you know where ?“

I look at my friend, and I go, ”Uhh. No, sorry“
And she's like, ”What do you mean no!?!“
And my friend and I just look at each other.
And she starts yelling, ”How the **** do you not know where it is?!!? Are you stupid or something!?!“
And my friend just starts saying, ”No, I'm sorry ma'am, we don't know where it is."
She sighs, and drives away.
I wanted to pick up her car, Hulk style, and smash it.

Now, before I start talking about my school, I just want to tell everybody that my school is a ghetto school. I think over half of my school is gangsters. Then we have the emo/goth kids, some geeks, very few preps, and yeah.

First story, this took place about two weeks ago. This freshman and I (we're pretty good friends) were walking down the hallway, about to go to lunch, when out of NOWHERE this big chick runs in front of us (there's like, two different ‘walking’ lanes. One going one way, another one going the other) and she starts screaming like she's about to die. My friend and I look at each other, and we just walk around her. Now this is a BIG girl. So we just keep walking around, and walk down the hallway, and not even 5 seconds later, we start laughing our asses off. I'm not sure why it was so funny, it just happened out of nowhere. It was hilarious.

Second story, this was 2 days ago (everything starts with two!), the bell for last lunch to end just rang, and I was walking to go back to my class, and this kid pushes a girl into me. I got kind of off-balance, but I just look at him, and he's like “You wanna do somethin about it dawg!?!” and I just smirk and walk away. He's still talking shit. Yet, I could care less.

My school needs to grow up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Lonnehart at 4:18PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
While at work watching a local mom & pop store I find two guys behind the place, in the dark… one behind the other… there was moaning and thrusting and…

er.. you get the idea. And now that the image is burnt into my brain I'll be tormented by it every time I end up watching that store. x_x
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
HippieVan at 4:35PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
This guy behind me in science class put a drop of hydrochloric acid on his finger yesterday during a science lab to see what would happen. How stupid do you have to be to do that?

I call him a dumb@$$, grabbed his hand and put it under the water tap in front of him. I have no idea if that stuff could have hurt him or not, but I do know that it's not usually the best idea to put acid on yourself…I think most people could figure that out.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:41PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
hydrochloric acid
When I did chemistry in highschool I was pretty clumsy with that stuff… The concentration wasn't enough to burn you, but a lot of my clothes developed weird holes and funny coloured spots all over the place.

We used acid to etch the zinc and steel plates when I did printmaking. I used to love freaking people out by not using the big thick elbow length gloves and instead plunging my hands right into the acid bath to retrieve the plates.
-I knew it was low concentration, especially after all those plates had been in there. :3

It would make your hands feel a little tender after a while though…
—————

Yep, it's generally best not to put your hands in acids. Even at low concentrations it hurts like buggery if you've got a cut. And you could end up touching your eyes 0_o
Or even your clothes and make them full of holes and funny coloured spots :)
Besides, some are very poisonous.
DMH at 10:21PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
This was one my mother had a few years back. She was walking home from work when this guy, about late teens, comes up to her and hands her this envelope. He says “Christ be with you” and runs off. She's shocked, looks at the envelope and then looks to see where the guy went but he's disappeared. In the envelope was a ten dollar note and a bible.

This was about two years ago. I was in the Borders near my place and most of the shelves were empty, because it was ten minutes from closing time and they were getting ready to install new shelves. I went to the graphic novels and was looking for the first Death Note. It wasn't there, there were just four other books from Tokyopop all on the same shelf. I turned to have a conversation with my now ex and then got the strangest urge to turn around. The book was right in the middle of a shelf that had been empty.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
lba at 9:24AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
Back in my sophomore year of highschool I went to an art-based school in the industrial area of Detroit. I had a lot of odd friends so wtf?! moments were fairly normal for us. Most of them seemed like perfectly normal activities at the time.

For instance, we were hanging out at lunch on day when myself and my friend Dalton discovered that the school's rice could be compacted into a ball that would bounce. So we scooped up the rice from 3 or 4 lunches and combined it into one massive ball. Then, me being the dumb 15 year old I was, decided, “what the heck, let's see how far this bad boy flys!” I launched it through the air across the room, where it slammed into one of the black girl's trays. She came screaming over and tore into my friend Dalton and just screamed at him like none other for almost 15 min straight. I spent the entire time laughing til I fell out of my seat.

Another time I was in my theatre tech class, when my friend Lauren wrapped herself in a extremely thick quilt out of boredom since we didn't have a production to be working on. She looked exactly like a giant burrito so I tackled her. She got up and went tearing out of the room still wrapped in the quilt with me chasing after her screaming, “coooome baaaack burritooo!”. She took off straight past the front office with me screaming, close on her heels, right past the board of directors/investors meeting. We later found out that they thought our antics were a performance art piece being staged for them by the drama classes. lol!

I've got more, but I'll tell them later since I'm short on time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
martinlo_23 at 5:35PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
When I opened my door and I saw a dog front of me and I was like “WTF?!?”
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Ozoneocean at 6:40PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
I had a WTF moment once when I woke up one morning to find one of my paintings in a national newspaper…
It was that time of year when people decide on what universities they go to so there was a whole section of the paper devoted to articles discussing universities.

My painting was on the front in full colour and the caption underneath had my name, the title, and was aadvertising my uni as a “textile arts centre”…
—————

That was a bit of a tripple WTH:
1. Wow, my pic in in the paper!!! :)
2. …Why didn't they tell me? No one asked permission or anything!!! … :(
3. Textile???!!! It's a PAINTING man!

I took point three as a testiment to my painting skills in a way though… It was a close up of a pair of denim hotpants with a red love heart on the crotch (Cc's shorts). Still, it really had nothing to do with textiles.
Lonnehart at 8:42PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23
When I opened my door and I saw a dog front of me and I was like “WTF?!?”

I had this happen to me, except it was my cat. But my cat wasn't giving me a rat as a present like other cats do. It was giving me A LIVE BROWN TREE SNAKE!!! O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Polkster at 1:50AM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
I farted and it smelled like milk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
machinehead at 6:01PM, Feb. 26, 2009
(online)
This one time I was driving on a two lane city street and this car veers over in my lane and starts heading right for me. I started cursing and honking my horn then the car veers more to the right avoiding me crashing into some guys yard. I pulled over ready to give this Sob a piece of my mind. But the poor bastard had a heart attack and died while driving. I forgave the guy for almost killing me, but only because he had died first.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Hakoshen at 2:25PM, Feb. 27, 2009
(offline)
I live to create awkward moments.

One such moment was this; A few months after I quit working for gamestop, my Puerto Rican friend and I went back, and the two guys working the counter were white, Fred and Ehrin. There was a black man at the counter, and he was asking for some game that had just come out that he really wanted. They were sold out.

Now, this is when the customer decided he was going to act ghetto and get his way regardless, and started swearing up and down that someone had promised him that not only was there a copy of the game, but that they could hold it for him. Now, I know from experience this is against policy, and we don't do that. Like, ever. The manger, Fred, told him such. “It's against our policy to hold items for customers. I don't know who could have told you that because none of us do it,”

“Well, someone did,” the black guy goes on, and back and forth they went. My buddy and I had split up, and I was looking at computer games which stand on a standee in the middle of the walkway to the side, and on the other side was this young, white couple, maybe in their mid twenties, about my age. We were maybe 20 feet away from the front counter. So, sensing an opportunity, I look them dead in the eyes and utter two words;

“Black people.” There may have been 10 people in the store, but you could have heard a mouse fart. They looked at me with the most “WTF” face I have ever seen, and wanted to laugh, but for obvious reasons they were torn between laughing and saying nothing. The customer paused, took up his merchandise, and walked out.

My buddy comes running over and is like “tell me you didn't just do that,” and the store manager busted out laughing, and finally, so did the couple. In the end, everyone had a good laugh, except for the one guy who didn't get his game.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Jonko at 10:03AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
At an all-you-can drink Japanese bar:

My friend: Can I have a whiskey coke?

Waiter: I'm sorry we don't serve that.

My friend: But you have whiskey and coke right?

Waiter: Yes we do, but whiskey coke is not on the menu.

Me: Well then could we have a cup of whiskey, a cup of coke, and an empty glass?

Waiter: I will bring it right away.

—————

The day I wondered if Japanese service was really the best in the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Hakoshen at 10:46AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Jonko
At an all-you-can drink Japanese bar

You had me at ohayo.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
PIT_FACE at 10:56AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Jonko
At an all-you-can drink Japanese bar

You had me at ohayo.

aw me too man! chinese, japanese, lookit these, it dont matter what culture it is! SAVE ME A SEAT!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
HyenaHell at 11:15AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
At the bar I used to work at, there was this scumbag con-artist in a power wheelchair. He told everyone he met that he'd been an actor, and gotten paralyzed in a car wreck. But all the people from the neighborhood- we new this guy, man. He'd got shot tryin' to rob some folk. He used the fact that he was in a wheelchair as an “in”, to scam and harrass people.

Anyhow. He'd come into the bar every now and again, wantin' to charge up his chair. Whatever, right? I let him.

So one night this guy pulls me aside and offers me $100 to sleep with him. I said no, of course. So then he offers me $50 to change his colostomy bag. I said no to that, too. Wasn't too long after that he was permanently 86'ed. I had to call the cops on him a few times, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lba at 12:04PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
The other night I was out helping a friend put up a wheat pasting poster over top an ad for a particularly raunchy strip club ad we've been stuck with on the side of our building for the last month or two. We were having trouble getting the glue to take because it was cold out and the piece of paper was big. While we were working the worst thing anybody in our spot could imagine happened; a cop walked around the corner about 20 feet away from us. He came over looking curious and upset at first, then as soon as he saw that we were turning the two strippers on the ad into literal “dogfaces”, he laughed and said “about time someone covered up that eyesore.” Then he just walked away.

I nearly crapped myself, but I take it as evidence that not all cops are jerks. :D
Jonko at 8:08PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
lba
then as soon as he saw that we were turning the two strippers on the ad into literal “dogfaces”, he laughed and said “about time someone covered up that eyesore.” Then he just walked away.

Haha, I love in when you run into a nice cop.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
warefish at 10:12PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
I was in the city today with some of my mates, after watching a live performance of Doug Parkinson (it was for a music excursion). We were all in an in deep conversation, up until we heard a strange “baa”-like noise across the street. We turn around… and there we see a gothic couple walking their goat… it was pretty strange for Sydney…

Also: I saw a girl at the train station pretending to smoke with complete seriousness. She was using a new pencil, the type that actually LOOK like cigarettes.

Cigarette pencils (I can't find any better pics):

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
Ozoneocean at 4:56AM, March 6, 2009
(online)
lba
The other night I was out helping a friend put up a wheat pasting poster over top an ad for a particularly raunchy strip club ad
bastards… -_-
kyupol at 6:20AM, March 6, 2009
(online)
I was teaching a white coworker some basic Tagalog.

“Kamusta” - how are you? / How ya doing? (this is the basic greeting)

“Mabuti” - I'm good / I'm fine.

She was like… You talking about my booty? (Mabuti). lol!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lba at 8:43AM, March 6, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
lba
The other night I was out helping a friend put up a wheat pasting poster over top an ad for a particularly raunchy strip club ad
bastards… -_-

I can't deny it. I'm a real rat bastard. ;)
MetalLuigi at 9:58AM, March 6, 2009
(online)
warefish
We turn around… and there we see a gothic couple walking their goat… it was pretty strange for Sydney…

A friend of mine has some goats in his backyard. That's how we roll in Texas, you're bound to find some farm animals in the places you'd least expect.

But goats are a pretty strange bunch, mainly because of their eyes.

*shudder*

My two comics: Bob the Alien and Tom the Turkey
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon