Media Megaforum

Transformers 2
flapjack1995 at 7:27PM, May 28, 2008
(online)
Oh mah gawd! Is it true? The entire Transformers 2 plot? LEAKED?! Well, if you're reading the plot synopsis, you know it is. SMELL THE AUTHENTICITY. Amazingly, it is actually a real written plot for Transformers 2. Maybe not the final plot, but definitely a plot. You don't need proof. READ IT AND THERE WILL BE YOUR PROOF.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
ccs1989 at 12:56PM, May 30, 2008
(online)
That treatment ends with “our heroes journey has only just begun.”

Ew.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
AQua_ng at 1:21PM, May 30, 2008
(online)
Leaked scripted
SAM WITWICKY.

:/

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
isukun at 8:15PM, May 30, 2008
(online)
That treatment ends with “our heroes journey has only just begun.”

So, not only are they making an awful sequel to an awful movie, they're shooting for a trilogy. Oh joy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
flapjack1995 at 8:26AM, June 1, 2008
(online)
Indeed. However, it's a big relief to see that the dinobots won't be in this one. Glad they didn't go through with that.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
SpANG at 9:08AM, June 1, 2008
(online)
Someone needs to explain to me why they thought the movie was so bad. I thought it was just about as good a job you can do with one of the stupidest ideas ever conceived. I mean robots… that turn into cars? Come on.

Were the reasons that you guys didn't like it the lame “Optimus wasn't a cab over” or “Bumble Bee wasn't a gay looking beetle” or “Megatron isn't a gun whose size differential never made any real sense” or “The movie had *gasp* humans in it!”

I actually enjoyed the movie. Sure, simple plot. But great effects, and some really funny scenes. They explained the reason as to how they adapted the car disguise, which I though worked well. Not to mention it was great to hear Peter Cullen again. Plus, the toys that they released were great too.

Maybe you guys just got too old to enjoy it. :P

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
flapjack1995 at 9:59AM, June 1, 2008
(online)
I liked the movie, I really saw nothing wrong with it. I think a lot of people forget that movies are for entertainment, and it doesn't have to be an exillerating experience to be a great movie. Now every movie that comes out is looked down at. It was great to hear Peter Cullen, and I think Michael Bay did a good job. Just imagine if the whole thing was directed by Stephen Speilberg. Now there's a chaos theory.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
isukun at 5:26PM, June 1, 2008
(online)
I hated the movie because it was a bad movie. It was poorly written, the humor catered to 12-year-olds, the special effects could have been good, but were ruined by Michael Bay's obsessions with close in shots and shaky cam (what's the point of good special effects if you can't tell what's going on half the time?), it was poorly directed, the story was all over the place, the characters were even more annoying than the originals, the All Spark was a stupid idea from the get go (why both to try to keep within the realm of physics when you have something that defies them anyway?), I hated the faces, and yes, the Transformers were more like secondary characters in the film.

You don't think Spielberg could do a better job with the franchise than Michael Bay? Sorry, but when it comes to directing talent, there is no competition there. Michael Bay is severely outclassed. And I would seriously hope that Spielberg would be able to dig up some better writers than the guys who brought us Mission Impossible III. It's no wonder the movie sucked, it had no talent behind it.
fern at 6:11PM, June 1, 2008
(online)
Nothing in this world can be kept a secret anymore…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
SpANG at 6:25PM, June 1, 2008
(online)
isukun
I hated the movie because it was a bad movie. It was poorly written, the humor catered to 12-year-olds, the special effects could have been good, but were ruined by Michael Bay's obsessions with close in shots and shaky cam (what's the point of good special effects if you can't tell what's going on half the time?), it was poorly directed, the story was all over the place, the characters were even more annoying than the originals, the All Spark was a stupid idea from the get go (why both to try to keep within the realm of physics when you have something that defies them anyway?), I hated the faces, and yes, the Transformers were more like secondary characters in the film.

You don't think Spielberg could do a better job with the franchise than Michael Bay? Sorry, but when it comes to directing talent, there is no competition there. Michael Bay is severely outclassed. And I would seriously hope that Spielberg would be able to dig up some better writers than the guys who brought us Mission Impossible III. It's no wonder the movie sucked, it had no talent behind it.
… and it was nominated for only THREE oscars. Tsk, tsk.

Spielberg has had more of his share of clunkers. Artificial Intelligence, The Legend of Zorro, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and Hook anyone? Even Indy 4 was lackluster.

Anyway, like I said, I enjoyed it. I didn't have a problem seeing any of the effects, and I didn't think the humans were the primary characters.

And as far as writing, I don't think I've ever seen a totally well-written transformers story, be it the cartoon(s), the movie(s), OR the comics. It's a silly story. There isn't much you can do with a silly story. You just have to sit back and enjoy the ride, and not pick it apart.

isukun at 8:15PM, June 1, 2008
(online)
… and it was nominated for only THREE oscars.

Sound and visual effects. I really hope you were being sarcastic, there.

Spielberg has had more of his share of clunkers.

And he's made his share of classics, too (Schindler's List, Amistad, Saving Private Ryan, Munich, plus just about every movie he made in the 70's and 80's). Something you can't say of Michael Bay, all of his movies were clunkers. Also, Spielberg didn't direct the Legend of Zorro.

I didn't have a problem seeing any of the effects, and I didn't think the humans were the primary characters.

You must have gone to a different movie, then. Maybe you went to see the animated movie, instead.

There isn't much you can do with a silly story.

Just like Batman, Spiderman, Hellboy, and the X-men which managed to fare pretty well in the theater despite being based on silly stories.
flapjack1995 at 9:19PM, June 1, 2008
(online)
Jesus! I just meant it would be different! A chaos theory doesn't necessarily mean it's chaotic, it just means it would be really different!
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
SpANG at 8:46AM, June 2, 2008
(online)
isukun
Just like Batman, Spiderman, Hellboy, and the X-men which managed to fare pretty well in the theater despite being based on silly stories.
I'll need to disagree with you there. Transformers were “reverse marketed” meaning the toys came first. The Transformers are a Takara/Hasbro product. The concept came from a TOY MAKER and not a comic author. The 80's cartoon was the catalyst to sell the toys. The “back story” was created as a crude afterthought, and modified over the years. You can't say that about any comic character worth his salt. When a decent Barbie, Mr Potato Head, or GIJOE movie comes out, then I'll agree with you.

I definitely “saw” a different movie than you, isukun. Maybe your expectations were much higher than mine. Let's just leave it at that.
isukun at 12:07PM, June 2, 2008
(online)
Transformers were “reverse marketed” meaning the toys came first.

That doesn't make any difference. With the movie, they weren't basing the story off the old show, so they had free reign to pretty much do what they wanted. They squandered it and still put out a crap movie, though. And whether it started as a toy line or a comic really doesn't matter. The other franchises I mentioned all had pretty silly and oftentimes stupid back stories, yet still translated well on the big screen without feeling utterly lame. It's not the source material that makes Transformers bad, it's what they decided to do with it.

Maybe your expectations were much higher than mine.

When I first heard about the movie, I had low expectations. The more I heard about the movie, the lower those expectations got. Then the movie came out and people here started praising it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It failed to meet even the lowest expectations I had of the movie.
SpANG at 2:28PM, June 2, 2008
(online)
I really grow tired of these back and fourths with you isukun. Even if I said the sky was blue, you'd tell me it was green and where I went wrong. ;)

Whatever man. It all boils down to “Your opinion”. Which I happen to think is totally incorrect. I'm done though. I don't have enough interest in “the transformers” to waste my time to keep the argument going. Go ahead and have the last word if you'd like. :D

Custard Trout at 3:41PM, June 2, 2008
(offline)
GIANT ROOOOOOOBOOOOTS BOOM KABOOM BLAM!

That is the entire Transformers franchise summed up in five words. Isukun is a moron for expecting something with substance, and everyone who thinks there is substance is just as dense.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
isukun at 4:51PM, June 2, 2008
(online)
Which I happen to think is totally incorrect.

Opinions can't be incorrect.

Isukun is a moron for expecting something with substance

Who said anything about needing substance? Simply pulling the camera out and nailing it down during the action scenes would have made the movie ten times better. I don't expect a deep storyline, but I would prefer a movie not contain flat characters that annoy the shit out of me, poor camera direction, racist depictions of ethnic characters (who then get killed), toilet humor aimed at grade schoolers, and plot holes Optimus Prime could drive through. If the movie HAD just been giant robots brawling and transforming into cool vehicles, it would have been a much better film, but that wasn't the case.
Custard Trout at 5:23PM, June 2, 2008
(offline)
Ok then. I hereby retract my previous statement, and issue this new one: Isukun takes shit too seriously.
crazyninny at 7:50PM, June 2, 2008
(online)
SPOIL THE PLOT FOR ME, AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
flapjack1995 at 6:04AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
crazyninny
SPOIL THE PLOT FOR ME, AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Then don't click the link at the top.

And isukun, the sky is blue. But not everybody likes it that way. That doesn't mean anbody's going to change the color of the sky for those who want it red or green.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
isukun at 8:51AM, June 3, 2008
(online)
And isukun, the sky is blue. But not everybody likes it that way. That doesn't mean anbody's going to change the color of the sky for those who want it red or green.

In other words, the movie's shit, but people are willing to settle for garbage so there is no reason even attempt to improve. Gotcha. It's no wonder Hollywood has fallen so far and movies like Meet the Spartans top the charts when they hit the theater.
Custard Trout at 12:16PM, June 3, 2008
(offline)
No, he means ‘the movie’s shit, get over it'. Or even better: ‘the movie’s shit, watch something else'.
flapjack1995 at 5:35PM, June 3, 2008
(online)
Wait, wait, wait. People LET the stupid parody movie top the charts? That's worse than the Transformers movies. Oh, and yeah, Custard Trout is right. Not that you don't have a valid point.

EDIT: Minor edit, spelling mistake.
|GTR|FJ|MSC|
isukun at 11:05PM, June 3, 2008
(online)
No, he means ‘the movie’s shit, get over it'.

I am over it. I stated my opinion. SpANG ASKED for clarification, so I gave it. Two posts of defending my position is hardly being obsessive about anything.

Or even better: ‘the movie’s shit, watch something else'.

Don't worry, I will.
jalford at 2:18AM, June 9, 2008
(online)
Just as long as there are no secret government orginizations, or totally out of place jive-talking stereotype characters(of which this movie had about FOUR of!).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Panman at 1:19AM, June 13, 2008
(online)
Great, another 2 hour commercial for General Motors, Xbox, Mountain Dew, Nokia, Panasonic, eBay and Apple.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved