Media Megaforum

TRANSFORMERS! Fuk yeah!
jalford at 1:47PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
Okay, not to post spoilers, but the new Transformers movie WAS good. Not PERFECT, but good. Anyway, aside from the standard Michael Bay thing of “guy gets hot girl”, it was a decent story. The Transformers themselves are good though, althought their should've been more Autobots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
ZeroVX at 3:05PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
True, true.

I did think that the fight scenes were cool though. Looking forward to the sequel.

Oh, and to clarify? The CD player guy? NOT SOUNDWAVE. OK? It's some other guy called Frenzy.

Just to make that clear.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
blntmaker at 6:00PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
ZeroVX
True, true.

I did think that the fight scenes were cool though. Looking forward to the sequel.

Oh, and to clarify? The CD player guy? NOT SOUNDWAVE. OK? It's some other guy called Frenzy.

Just to make that clear.

The names from Japan to here were kind of interchangeable. Soundwave was the coolest of the American Transformer series. As a kid, I really wanted to talk like that!

I hear Frank Welker, the ORIGINAL voice of Megatron for the American series isn't playing him for the movie. They got the original Optimist Prime though…

Seeing it once the crowds clear. Maybe next week.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
fern at 7:10PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
I'm gunna watch it over the weekend, don't let me down.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:27PM
Hguyver at 10:40PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
I loved it! It was really great! BumbleBee and Optimus were the best!

Also, to anyone who hasn't seen the movie, this isn't a spoiler, but you don't need to wait for the very last credits to finish. There's nothing at the very end like Pirates of the Carribean or X-men. So you don't need to sit through all the credits.(unless that's your thing…)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
jalford at 10:52PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
I didn't get having Hugo Weaving as Megatron. It's not like you could really tell it was him with all that electronic-garbling they did to his voice. It might've well have been Frank Welker, or even Leonard Nimoy for that matter. Megatron's “Cybertron” vehicle form looks alot like the Swordfish from Cowboy Bebop.

Bumblebee at first talks like the Junkions, all stuff he picks up off the radio and TV. Frenzy doesn't say anything in English, but he was the creepiest looking of all the robots. It's hard to say why they felt the need let the Transformers have such articulating faces. Prime's face is supposed to be half-covered instead of being a moveable face mask.
kingofsnake at 5:04AM, July 5, 2007
(online)
i thought it was alright… really cheesy, but the effects were good.

But I never really bought into the whole giant robot/alien thing, even when I was a kid, so it didn't' really have that nostalgia there for me. I'd've probably liked it better if it had.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
mlai at 10:07AM, July 5, 2007
(online)
1. I couldn't believe how popular the movie was. Everyone from little girl-tots and 50-yr-old Eastern European immigrant construction workers were excited about the movie. I was very surprised when I saw the 3 big old Slavic guys walk out discussing Autobots, and they didn't have kids with them.

2. I would have much preferred Optimus to have the knightly faceplate he always had. He looks pretty ugly whenever it's not on. It's like Darth Vader not having his helmet on; it's just not the same.

3. The most badass robot-y-robot fight has to be Optimus handing Bonecrusher his ass (or head, as the case may be).

4. Best robot-y-mano fight was when the marines were fighting the scorpion. It was like watching Aliens, in Iraq. I thought the Iraqis were gonna shoot the Marines too, when they ran helter skelter towards their town. Seriously thought all those guys were gonna buy it, 1 way or the other.

5. It was kinda fun how the movie just threw in everything they could think of. Can we do Iraq War? Yes! Can we do Airforce One? Yeah! Can we do teen comedy? Yes! Cop car chase? Sure! Armageddon? Men in Black? Betcha! Uh oh, boring talk scene? Camera on the hot blonde! *5 more seconds of talk…* Wake up, look, hot blonde!

6. The movie actually kept itself intact until the Section 7 started rolling in. Then the whole thing became a comedy. Which is unfortunate because it muffed Megatron's entrance.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Ian Jay at 8:52PM, July 5, 2007
(offline)
Just got back from seeing it. Here's my take on it (with numbered points, since that's what you kids do nowadays, I guess):

1. I, too, was surprised how much comedy was in the film, although I for one actually didn't mind much. It helped leaven the film; without it, the story might've come off as too pretentious or two-dimensional. Whether it needed comedy in some parts, I'm not sure (I could have done without the one twerp agent from Sector 7), but all in all, I'm pretty pleased that the movie wasn't just Black Hawk Down with giant robots stuck in it.

2. There were some awesome action scenes, though. It wasn't just Ferris Bueller's Day Off with giant robots stuck in it, either. And I can't get over how cool the robots looked. I've strongly expressed my distaste for giant robots in the past (in real life, they'd be awkwardly over-complicated, highly impractical for combat, and insanely expensive to produce, fuel and maintain), but I have to admit that this film made them look just blindingly awesome. Of course, I knew next to nothing about Transformers before this, so it's not like I have the same passion for the character design as many others do. I just liked how they looked. (Also, Mlai: I think Optimus looked just fine without his faceplate. So nyaaah.)

3. Yes, it was cheesy. So what? The whole underlying concept of the franchise isn't to create high art. It's to sell toys (and even moreso to sell GM cars). I didn't go into the movie expecting The Fountain with giant robots stuck in it, so there wasn't exactly a huge feeling of disappointment when I didn't get it.

4. Rather loud movie, wasn't it?

5. Overall, this wasn't an epic for the ages, but it's a fun thrill ride of a film that'll probably be the best big-budget blockbuster action movie of the summer. I don't know how it'll look on DVD, since it's really a movie best experienced in a theater, but hey, maybe it'll be worth it. Best see it now, though, while it's still on the big screen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
shaneronzio at 8:00AM, July 6, 2007
(online)
awesome the movie is…see it again I will…mhmhmhmh yes.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
Cthulhu at 8:04AM, July 6, 2007
(online)
Wow, everyone thougt it would suck, now they see it, and think it was good.

No offence to anyone here, but I think DD is an awful place to talk about movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
mlai at 11:23AM, July 6, 2007
(online)
@ Ian Jay:

Since you know “next to nothing” about Transformers, you are actually in no position to tell anyone whether you think Optimus Prime looked okay without his faceplate.

It's akin to someone who knows “next to nothing” about Star Wars saying it would've been okay if Jim Carrey rather than JEJ voiced Darth Vader.

that kid yellow at 2:15PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
movie was great and i dont think anyoone else could make it better than it was……..i watch agian and again.i was looking on yahoo and the critics are just dumb.tell them to make a better movie.but anyways so far but CGI movie to date.my opinion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
lefarce at 2:24PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
I think this is the first movie I've given a five out of five for that's premiered within the last three years. This film is great, and probably the most well handled 1980's adaption in a long time. My only gripe was that Prime was a bit of a dick, and that they played that really shitty Linken Park song near the end.

But those points are very minor. This film is great. Go see it right now.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
jalford at 3:06PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
They had to have Linkin Park in the soundtrack. It's an American movie with freakin' giant robots in it!

BTW, I was hoping to see WAY more Starscream Vs. Megatron squabbling in it. Since Megs was on ice for a few centuries, you'd think Starscream would've taken over Cybertron by now.
lefarce at 3:12PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
Oh no, I'm not saying it's out of place in the film. I just don't like the song as a stand alone aspect. :)

Bekefel at 3:41PM, July 6, 2007
(offline)
Linkin Park?

That is a good band.

(no they suck.)

FOR MORE COMEDY SUCH AS THIS, READ PENIS.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
GinckPress at 5:19PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
My take on Transformers The Movie(spoilers):

link
www.planetaeruen.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM
fern at 7:59PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
It receives 4/5 thumbs up due to the McLame Strokes shirt and the dumbass Linkin Park song in the end. But it followed with a keen Smashing Pumpkins song so that made it worth while. Other than that I thought it was pretty kk. I hate life and everything in it… but I do not hate this.

But I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER IN THE BEGINNING!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:27PM
Hguyver at 10:39PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
fern
But I'm shocked that no one has mentioned that FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER IN THE BEGINNING!

I know! It looked so cool! I tried to find more info on it, but everyone keeps calling it, the ‘mystery trailer.’
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
lefarce at 11:22PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
I know, I need to find out what the fuck that movie is. For some reason I kept thinking “GODZILLA” was was going to be followed by a “coming soon”, but all I got was the “coming soon” and no title.

Best trailer in a long damn time, that's for sure.

SarahN at 11:39PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
What mystery trailer? I wanna seee!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
jalford at 4:17AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
So, Starscream is still alive at the end, and possibly a tail-less Scorponok. Some repairbot Ratchet was. One of their dudes gets torn in half and he couldn't put him back together? Frenzy ended up loosing his hold body from the neck down at first but then regenerated a new one when he “scanned” in his new cell phone form.
ZeroVX at 5:24AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
lefarce
I know, I need to find out what the fuck that movie is. For some reason I kept thinking “GODZILLA” was was going to be followed by a “coming soon”, but all I got was the “coming soon” and no title.

Best trailer in a long damn time, that's for sure.

I remember that! What was that? Some sci-fi movie, maybe? Didn't really look like a new Godzilla to me.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
ccs1989 at 7:35AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
So Transformers…dang. Well I really expected it to not be good at all. Instead…it kinda rocked. I mean yeah sure it was cheesy, but it was also really exciting. They're adapting an 80's cartoon to a movie for the general public. How much better can it be than what they did? As for a Summer Blockbuster it easily surpassed Spiderman 3 and was about 4 billion times better than Fantastic Four 2 (which I wish I hadn't seen.)

There was also a lot of funny stuff in the movie, especially at the end with the two main characters making out and all the Autobots watching.

One last thing; “SAM, PUSH THE CUBE INTO MY CHEST” is totally going to become the next Internet meme. Just you watch.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Cthulhu at 7:50AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
SarahN
What mystery trailer? I wanna seee!

Remember, you asked for it.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/26395/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
lefarce at 9:08AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
ccs1989
One last thing; “SAM, PUSH THE CUBE INTO MY CHEST” is totally going to become the next Internet meme. Just you watch.

Really? I'd put my money on “Bumble-bee, stop lubricating that man!”

Phantom Penguin at 9:49AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
I went with three of my friends, And we all thought that “mystery trailer” was godzilla.

But anyway I loved the movie, granted the only transformers I saw growing up was Beast Wars.
I still can't get over the fact that Jazz was a soltice. That just proves hes gay.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
mlai at 11:05AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
Someone
There was also a lot of funny stuff in the movie, especially at the end with the two main characters making out and all the Autobots watching.
“Sir, the humans are mating on me.”

Someone
Nah, it's not sexual enough. The Bumblebee quote is much more likely.
Funny how it's the venerable Optimus who got stuck with all these kinda quotes.

And that trailer is DEFINITELY Godzilla. Personally I'm tired of 'zilla, but if the entire movie keeps that 9/11 style, then it's a must-watch. Everything up to now has been "omg it's too much like 9/11 must change/edit/remove." But we all know the American ppl want to become immersed in something which evokes that “true disaster” feeling.

jalford at 2:25PM, July 7, 2007
(online)
I looked into that. Since it happens in New York, and its a giant monster of somekind, it can be only one thing…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved