Media Megaforum

TRANSFORMERS! Fuk yeah!
hat at 12:33AM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
Michael bay recieved death threats because the robots' looks changed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
jalford at 5:16AM, July 8, 2007
(online)
Geez! Like Optimus hasn't changed about 5 times or more over the last 20 years? He was a freakin MONKEY in the 90s!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
ZeroVX at 5:43AM, July 8, 2007
(online)
NO! That was Optimus PRIMAL. They are two different robots!

He even showed up with the original in the third season!
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
Phantom Penguin at 1:32PM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
hat
Michael bay recieved death threats because the robots' looks changed.

I don't think he was to scared of a bunch of old Transformers fans gunning him down Crips-Bloods style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
jalford at 1:48PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
Actually, in the Beast Wars 1, 2, & Neo storyline from Japan, Primal was Optimus Prime.
Priest_Revan at 5:01PM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
Awesome movie. I really think this was one of the best movies of the year.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
Atom Apple at 8:06PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
Atom Apple to the rescue!*

*In association with Google

Also, the new meme will be:

Your pheromone level suggests you want to mate with the female.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
ZeroVX at 4:30AM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Atom Apple
Atom Apple to the rescue!*

*In association with Google

Also, the new meme will be:

Your pheromone level suggests you want to mate with the female.

*looks at link*

Veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.

And that meme? New levels of hilarity.

Though I'll still go with OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
Inkmonkey at 2:13PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
I can understand not wanting to leave the faceplate on Optimus all the time for aesthetic reasons. Hard to show emotion when half the face is always covered up. The faceplate is really only necessary for traditionalists, though personally I would have preferred for plated Optimus to be the standard and pulling it down to be saved for special occasions, but that's just me. A big part of the whole thing is that Bay is not a Transformers fan, and because of that he's focusing more on what he thinks will be good for the movie itself, not what will keep the existing fans happy.

What did bother me about it, though, is that Optimus has weird monkey lips. They were just set a little too low on his face, and since it was all mechanicalized they were a bit simpler and more… monkeyish. Definitely could have done a better job on them.

I also wonder why they bothered to bring in a big name like Hugo Weaving for Megatron. Apparently Welker had applied for the role, but he did it with Megatron's original voice, which just didn't mesh with the new design, and I'm guessing they were going to run it through an assload of filters anyway, so it's not going to make much of a difference. But seriously, just by how much digital editting they did to Megs' voice, they could have easily had Bay himself say all the lines and it would probably sound about the same.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
jalford at 3:27PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Here's some news I found on the upcoming Transformers: Animated series…

“Transformers: Animated” is an upcoming animated series based on the shape-changing robot toy line, Transformers. It will be the first North American produced Transformers series since Beast Wars (and by extension, its sequel Beast Machines, both of which were produced in Canada). Formerly known by the working title, Transformers: Heroes, its simplified new title - first revealed in Broadcast magazine - seems designed to specifically distinguish it from the live-action film released in July 2007. The show is currently scheduled to debut on the Cartoon Network in Spring 2008.

Storyline
“Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the rest of the noble Autobots battle Megatron and the Decepticons in the near-future Detroit”.

Cast and Characters
Confirmed Transformers featuring the show include Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Bulkhead, Ratchet and Starscream. It is believed that the Optimus Prime of this series will be younger than the other Autobots; it has announced that David Kaye (best known for voicing the Megatrons of the Beast Era and the Unicron Trilogy) will provide his voice. Meanwhile statements from Frank Welker suggest that voice actor Corey Burton (Shockwave and Sunstreaker in from the original series) will provide the voice of Megatron in the show. Tom Kenny confirmed during an interview on IESB.net that he will be voicing Starscream, and Tara Strong will be voicing a girl named Sari, one of the supporting human characters. Her website states that the show will start shortly after the release of the live-action film. We will be seeing most of the Transformers in their Cybertronian modes at the beginning of the series.

At Botcon 2007, David Kaye revealed the voice actors and also announced he would play both Optimus Prime and Grimlock. Ironically, he was previously the voice of Megatron in Beast Wars/Machines, as well as the three Japanese produced series referred to by Hasbro in the U.S. as the “Unicron Trilogy”.

Other confirmed characters, and a few confirmed things about them, are:

Autobots:
Optimus: transforms into a fire truck, and has an ax.
Bumblebee: the smallest member
Ratchet: seasoned Autobot, legitimate combat, Cybertronian version of the military.
Bulkhead: will be like the Fantastic Four's Thing.
Prowl: a ninja.
Grimlock a T-REX. There will be two other Dinobots in the show.
Jazz
Arcee
Ultra Magnus
Wreck-Gar

Decepticons:
Megatron: a gun in his Cybertronian mode; also has a sword.
Starscream: resembles Cyclonus in jet mode. Voiced by Tom Kenny
Blitzwing: a triplechanger (tank, jet, robot): A new spin on his character, he has a split personality. Spinning face gimmick on the toy
Lugnut: (similar in body style to Bulkhead) Lugnut has missiles for hands, Jet of some sort
Blackarachnia: Different origin story than in Beast Wars. Starts out as a different character entirely, flashbacks, one of the more complicated Decepticons.
Shockwave
Skywarp and Thundercracker: are possible characters
A Constructicon

Production:
The show's supervising director will be Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman), with Cartoon Network vice-president Sam Register as executive producer and Vincent Aniceto as line producer. Additionally, Beast Machines writer Marty Isenberg is returning to Transformers as the head writer for this series. Art director/Lead character designer Derrick Wyatt (Teen Titans, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Legion of Super Heroes) is creating a “brand new look” unlike anything seen in Transformers before. The series is being distributed internationally by Entertainment Rights.

Voice Actors:
David Kaye - Optimus Prime/Grimlock
Corey Burton - Megatron/Shockwave
Tom Kenny - Starscream/A Constructicon
Tara Strong - Sari
Bumper Robinson - Bumblebee
Bill Fagerbakke - Bulkhead
Jeff Bennett - Prowl/Ultra Magnus
Susan Blu - Arcee
Cree Summer - Blackarachnia
Phil LaMarr - Jazz
“Weird Al” Yankovic - Wreck-Gar
ZeroVX at 4:16PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
WHOA! Hold it! Did you say a guy from Teen Titans would be working on the show?

….please don't be like Ben 10, please don't be like Ben 10, please don't be like Ben 10…..

V for Vendetta, V.
Atom Apple at 4:27PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
….please don't be like Teen Titans, please don't be like Teen Titans, please don't be like Teen Titans…..
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:04AM
mlai at 5:01PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Someone
It is believed that the Optimus Prime of this series will be younger than the other Autobots
Okay, this is gonna be crap.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
marine at 5:53PM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
I was invited to go see it, but my phobias were on full tilt from the China Syndrome a few days before hand.

I've heard it had a robot that was a walking racial stereotype comic relief? Can someone confirm or deny that?

Personally, I always watched G.I. Joe more. Megatron was a cool villain, but there was something gay about transforming into a gun and having to have someone else squeeze your trigger to do anything. Cobra Commander was and still is a fucking pimp of a character. All you need is a big buff guy and someone to do that hissing voice, and you've gotten yourself a movie where you get my full support. The only other things you'd need are:

Sargent Slaughter: even in just a cameo, he was a part of the show and has to show up and kick some ass.

They have to yell out “go joe” several times. No one time catch phrase bullshit like some movies (the hulk at the end and it seemed like The Thing only said clobbering time once) they've gotta say that shit until the point of redunancy.

If they update the team for a contemporary audiance my G.I. Joe team would be:

a never ending supply of elite marines who often rush in and die, very graphically
Samual L. Jackson -
T.O. The football player that showboats all the time.
50 Cent the rapper
Vin Diesel as the creepy white guy that hung out with the cobra commander, possibly in a duel role as a Gi Joe and a villain.
Jamie Kennedy as the comic relief guy
and rounding out the team,
Hugh Jackman as a French deep sea diver.

That'd be an awesome movie. If they treat is as a serious buissness 24 style movie, it'd be unintentionally hilarious comedy gold. Like I'm hoping the transformers will be. Also all the weapons should fire lasers like in the show, just for laughs. They would do the right amount of damage they would to a person, perhaps even a mars attack style vaporization of a man.

All you've gotta do to be succesful with the transformers is:

Have a robot transform from a robot into a car.
Explosions
Unicron fucking peoples shit up
and a super transformer built when they all stick their nuts in the other ones bolts and become a gigantic super guy. If you've ever seen transformers, its what they do. Every time I've seen the newer ones wile channel surfing, they're doing super transformation combinations.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Ollywood at 9:02PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Two things:
1.I would have rather seen the autobots and decepticons duke it out on an ebay bidding war.
2. Why did the auobots feel the need to bring the cube to city where civilization would be in danger? Although it did lead into a badass fight scene.

-Oli
Hatred is the stillborn child o ignorance and boredom.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Kohdok at 6:27PM, July 10, 2007
(online)

A new version of the Transformer's song that's better than thew official new song.

And, For Jalford, a very special picture of Kitbash Megapimp.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Atom Apple at 6:41PM, July 10, 2007
(online)
Jazz was racial stereotype if you think of it that way. I consider everyone else to be a racial stereotype because they were acting like white people. Stereotypes are true for the most part. That's why they're so accepted.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:04AM
jalford at 3:30AM, July 11, 2007
(online)
Racial sterotypes only apply to human beings. Jazz was an alien robot, and therefore not subject to the same moral implications as Earthbound flesh creatures.
marine at 11:11AM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
jalford
Racial sterotypes only apply to human beings. Jazz was an alien robot, and therefore not subject to the same moral implications as Earthbound flesh creatures.

If he talks in ebonics and says “that is whack” or break dances, those are racial stereotypes. By that flawed logic, the rabbits in Coonskin weren't racial charictures either. Just because they aren't human, doesn't mean you can't be racist. I'm sure one of those talking animals cartoons had a “gangsta” character at some point who said things like bling bling or “aaaaaaaawwww ight?” No more so than they also had a white geeky guy or a slutty girl. Archtypes and stereotypes exist as writing tools, unfortunatily most people that use them get their ideas muddled and have a break dancing transformer.

I'd much rather see GI Joe, Thundercats, or Ninja Turtles redone. Actually, now that I remember seeing what they did with the turtles, I don't really want anything else from the 80s remade. So lets all enjoy My Gym Partners A Monkey The Movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
mlai at 12:16PM, July 11, 2007
(online)
marine
If he talks in ebonics and says “that is whack” or break dances, those are racial stereotypes. By that flawed logic, the rabbits in Coonskin weren't racial charictures either. Just because they aren't human, doesn't mean you can't be racist.
No, Jalford is right. There is no racial stereotyping in Jazz.
It is only racism if the only person who can say “That is whack” or breakdance is a black person. If all the white ppl around him also does the same thing, then it's obvious there is no racism.

So, for all you know, maybe all the other transformers are black and Jazz is the only blonde haired blue eyed German transformer. And he swaggers around doing those finger signs and “Wazzup dawg?” How can you call it racial stereotyping then?

OMG, flashback…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m9DOjot3ZE&mode=related&search=

Inkmonkey at 11:54AM, July 12, 2007
(online)
Here's something else I really liked about the movie: the military did a bangup job in it. That is to say, unlike most of these sorts of movies where the military is viciously overpowered and it's up to Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum to use the alien's technology to blow up the ship from the inside. They had the odds stacked against them, sure, and they'd be pretty screwed without the Autobots' help, but damned if they didn't do their part. I think it's just cool to see these situations where things go to Shit, the “saviors” arrive, and the guys they're saving don't just sit on their thumbs and wait for the big robots to take care of things.
jalford at 3:28AM, July 13, 2007
(online)
I sort of thought the government and the military were TOO much involved in it. Normally on the Transformers show(s), the Autobots & Decepticons duked it out, and no other humans ever interfered. If the U.S. military ever interfered, it would've crossed a little too much into the GI Joe territory(which we know from Season 3 does take place in the same universe). The secret originization thing was a little much too. Did it make sense for them to keep Megatron AND the All-Spark in the same base? So,..if Megatron ever woke up, all he'd have to do is walk into the next room to get the thing he's spent the last few thousand years searching for.
mechanical_lullaby at 4:16AM, July 13, 2007
(online)
loved the movie.

hate the fans though.

but no matter what anyone says, they still killed the black guy first. How did they manage that even in this movie? /rhetorical

freaking racist against germans i'll tell you what… i ain't got blond hair or blue eyes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Kohdok at 10:18AM, July 13, 2007
(online)
marine
Personally, I always watched G.I. Joe more. Megatron was a cool villain, but there was something gay about transforming into a gun and having to have someone else squeeze your trigger to do anything.

That's why they made Galvatron!

but no matter what anyone says, they still killed the black guy first. How did they manage that even in this movie? /rhetorical

Really? The first person Blackout killed at the army base was Black?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
mlai at 10:46AM, July 13, 2007
(online)
marine
Megatron was a cool villain, but there was something gay about transforming into a gun and having to have someone else squeeze your trigger to do anything.
Megatron always transforms when Soundwave's behind him and ready to use him. We all know he and Soundwave's got a thing. Together they're the 2 badassest Decepticons in the whole gang.
Soundwave reminds me of SnakeEyes.

Someone
That's why they made Galvatron!
Galvatron may be straight, but he's an impotent wuss.

SpANG at 4:50PM, July 13, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
I can understand not wanting to leave the faceplate on Optimus all the time for aesthetic reasons. Hard to show emotion when half the face is always covered up.
OH, God. The robots show emotion? Feck. Yet another reason I probably won't see this movie.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
jalford at 3:03AM, July 14, 2007
(online)
But in retrospect, the guy who lead the platoon against the Decepticons was black. Plus, Scorponok killed off the dorky looking white guy soldier first.

Megatron was WAAAAY smother than Galvatron. Mega was just a psycho-dick after Unicron changed him into Galva.
mechanical_lullaby at 4:42AM, July 14, 2007
(online)
Kohdok
Really? The first person Blackout killed at the army base was Black?

neh meh.

you guys are all spoiling the movie for those who haven't seen it yet. And for those of you who have never made a movie– the kind with actors who you have to feed and pay, and with tech crew who you have to feed and pay– there's a certain thing with movies where you will have to sacrifice parts of an original idea in order to make the movie more appealing because in reality it was just a big toy commercial. Even though I'm pretty sure most of us would have bought the toys anyway if they were reissued.
so what's the point… the movie is different than the show. God forbid. The movie is different than the books? Blasphemy. I don't see why everyone has to rate these things so harsh. Treat the movie like a movie. You can talk about the show on your own time… or that god awful one on Cartoon Network in the morning these days.
But the robots were characterized according to the types of frequency they were listening to and obviously one of them was listening to NPR and one was obviously on a hiphop channel which– doesn't make him black but at least black influenced and I really enjoyed Jazz and expected him to kick ass. and I'm really tired of people trying to make it a racial thing. The movie, like all movies these days had that basic formula where there's white people everywhere and two or three black people. I'm not saying anything to be racist or anything but I know the population in the city's got to be a little more diverse than that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Inkmonkey at 11:55AM, July 14, 2007
(online)
SpANG
Inkmonkey
I can understand not wanting to leave the faceplate on Optimus all the time for aesthetic reasons. Hard to show emotion when half the face is always covered up.
OH, God. The robots show emotion? Feck. Yet another reason I probably won't see this movie.

They were humanoid robots with emotion in the first place. That's how the original cartoon worked; they're vehicles or automatons. They've always been characters with real emotions and personalities; I'd be shocked and confused if they did it a different way.
jalford at 4:50AM, July 16, 2007
(online)
Still wish they had my girl Arcee in it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved