Media Megaforum

Transformers: Animated. Your thoughts?
ozoneocean at 3:37PM, Sept. 30, 2007
(online)
That was awesome Riot. Awesome! :)
Yeah, I remember Predaking now, he was pretty massive. I've never heard of Fallen though?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
MrRiot at 7:02PM, Sept. 30, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
That was awesome Riot. Awesome! :)
Yeah, I remember Predaking now, he was pretty massive. I've never heard of Fallen though?

Glad I could be of some help. Ozone.

The Fallen is one of the first 13 transformers who rebelled against Primus and became the emissary of Unicron.

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
jalford at 3:20AM, Oct. 3, 2007
(online)
The weirder ones were the Horrorcons, which were two regular Decepticon Headmasters with beast modes whose vehicle modes of jets could combine into one super-jet called Dreadwing.

I always wondered about Optimus' other extensions like Huffer and his trailer. If a Decepticon were to blow up Huffer, would that effect Prime in some spiritual way? I know his trailer got blown up in the original mini-series, and then they show it a few scenes later like it wasn't destroyed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
MrRiot at 12:29AM, Oct. 5, 2007
(online)
jalford
The weirder ones were the Horrorcons, which were two regular Decepticon Headmasters with beast modes whose vehicle modes of jets could combine into one super-jet called Dreadwing.

I always wondered about Optimus' other extensions like Huffer and his trailer. If a Decepticon were to blow up Huffer, would that effect Prime in some spiritual way? I know his trailer got blown up in the original mini-series, and then they show it a few scenes later like it wasn't destroyed.

Huffer was another Autobot. You're talking about Roller (the little vehicle in Prime's cab). I don't think it would affect Prime any more than if one of his fellow Autobots got killed. I'm sure that's been explored to some extent in the comics at some point, but I haven't come across it. It's pretty clear that he can live just fine without the trailer (and, by proxy, without Roller), so I'd say other than his being upset (and probably guilt-ridden for not saving the little guy) it wouldn't affect him any more.

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Ocka at 12:07AM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
Well I saw the pilot yesterday…. and I thought it was kickass…. Though the character designs made me see it a little weird like..the sound and everything else so got me, so I'm fine with the art. So yeah, it looks good to me so far.

Also, I'm in love with Starscream in this series so far.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
jalford at 4:13AM, Dec. 28, 2007
(online)
Please Primus, don't let them have Megatron show up only at the end of the series. That's what totally f-ed up the movie. Starscream is only good if he had Megatron to plot against.

Was Blitzwing programmed by Man-E-Faces or something?
Ziffy88 at 10:12AM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
For a silly series like transformers it doesn't look too bad the animation seems nice
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
BlueFlame_Studios at 11:53AM, Dec. 28, 2007
(offline)
kennatsu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2vjFbm025E

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. The theme song is great, second only to the original that was done for the Transformers commercials way back then (I don't like the version that was done for the animated series). I know this show is being done for OUR kids (or grandkids, depending on your circumstances). Unfortunately, from what I'm seeing on the YouTube comments sections a lot of people don't like how it's turning out. What do you people think?

I saw enough of that from ComicCon.

It's in the Teen Titans art style, Transformers do not look right in that style. They look ridiculous. Why bother giving them mouths like that?

Not to mention that fact that Peter Cullen is not even the voice of Optimus in this one.

Bottom line I think only the newer generation of children will like it.

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
crazyninny at 12:33PM, Dec. 28, 2007
(online)
Some of the animation I wasn't really wowed about. Some character interaction and plot pace could of been better, but otherwise, this show can have some potential. So I'll contiune watching it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
jalford at 5:52AM, Dec. 29, 2007
(online)
PLEASE KILL THE ANIME GIRL! PLEASE KILL THE ANIME GIRL!

BTW, Aside from this summer's movie, Peter Cullen hasn't done Prime since the late 80s. Prime is oddly enough being voiced by David Kaye who has done the voice of Megatron on Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Transformers: Armada/Energon/Cybertron.
BlueFlame_Studios at 6:45AM, Dec. 29, 2007
(offline)
jalford
PLEASE KILL THE ANIME GIRL! PLEASE KILL THE ANIME GIRL!

BTW, Aside from this summer's movie, Peter Cullen hasn't done Prime since the late 80s. Prime is oddly enough being voiced by David Kaye who has done the voice of Megatron on Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Transformers: Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

Seriously? I could of sworn it was Peter in Armada.

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
TheMidge28 at 6:47PM, Dec. 30, 2007
(online)
I just watch the hour and half premiere on Cartoon Network.
I like the characterizations and the storyline but hated the animation…HATED IT!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:23PM
isukun at 7:36PM, Dec. 31, 2007
(online)
They seem to think drawing on fours is a good idea and I swear there are parts where the framerate drops as low as 2 frames a second. The animation was horrid.

Plus I have to disagree with anyone who likes the characterization in this. The Autobots from the original series still felt like underdogs without having coming off as total losers like these new guys. I mean, come on, it takes all of them to even offer a challenge to Starscream by himself?

I was incredibly disappointed when I saw them use footage from the original series at the beginning and then proceeded to ignore the source material throughout the rest of the pilot. What was most disturbing was how much they changed the personalities of the characters. I liked that in the original series Optimus was a good leader. He still had flaws and they showed through, but at the very least, he was a strong leader. This one is weak, through and through. He can't fight, he doesn't make good decisions, he doesn't really do much of anything right. From the look of things, he's already been kicked out of the military. It's a good thing they didn't use Peter Cullen to do the voice, he would have been completely wrong for the part. It's almost like the Teen Titans theme has rubbed off on the new Transformers as well since our main characters are already labeled as “superheroes” and act like inexperienced kids.

Another disappointing element was the artists'/writers' total lack of reference when it comes to Michigan and Detroit. Some of the errors I saw could have been fixed simply be opening up google maps. I'd also like to know how a kid who grew up in Paw Paw, Michigan ended up having a thick Indian accent 50 years later (he also waited a pretty long time before having his first kid).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Hawk at 10:06PM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
I don't like the style they're using. It looks a lot like Teen Titans or Ben 10, and while that may have worked on those shows, I don't think it looks good on robots. And I'm just a little bit tired of it.

Of course, that's all a matter of taste, and I'm only judging it by looks right now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
glenfx at 2:14AM, Jan. 2, 2008
(online)
COOL now the transformers are made out of rubber, they shoudnt short circuit now ^___^ and is far more efficient for them to hold the energon in that rubber suit :B

Seriously though, in the vehicle form I do like the style as is not completely stiff, but the one frame cheap transformation and the unmechanical animation just looks completely wrong with what they are (metal made robots), they became looneytoons transformers now.

I found the girl to be just much more hateable than the rubberbots O_o' she hasnt done anything yet but she feels just like an annoying brat
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Vdude at 6:58AM, Jan. 5, 2008
(offline)
I think that the new Transformers series really do not match up qith the originals. I say the original Transformers is the best.
Legacyhero and i are doing a Kid Intense/Hero Force crosover which will be a blast. Also, we are teaming up for a Kid Intense movie. Tell me what you think of the crossover and the movie we are teaming up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
jalford at 2:43PM, Jan. 6, 2008
(online)
Althought the 2nd season of the original series was a little hokey, like the one episode where Prime and a few other Autobots spent the whole time trying to catch some electrical gremlin. Plus, every new Autobot had to have their own seperate episode. Who gives a shit if Powerglide or Seaspray have human girlfriends?!

Some of the Season 3 ones were okay, although they seriously suffered from lesser animation. Just look at the “5 Faces” story arc at the beginning of the season.
isukun at 7:29PM, Jan. 6, 2008
(online)
Every season of G1 had it's share of hokey episodes, the difference was that there was still potential there for something great. The pilot set up a great tone and characters you wanted to keep watching. This new version didn't show any real promise right out of the gate. Lackluster animation, poor writing, and annoying characters. What ever happened to the good old days when a pilot episode of a TV show was supposed to grab your attention and show the best a series had to offer?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
SpANG at 8:00AM, Jan. 12, 2008
(online)
isukun
Every season of G1 had it's share of hokey episodes, the difference was that there was still potential there for something great. The pilot set up a great tone and characters you wanted to keep watching. This new version didn't show any real promise right out of the gate. Lackluster animation, poor writing, and annoying characters. What ever happened to the good old days when a pilot episode of a TV show was supposed to grab your attention and show the best a series had to offer?
Agreed. I just caught and episode, and the fight scenes are designed like Pokemon. Definitely not my cup o tea. :/
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
republic56 at 2:40PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
well i think its cool nd all that theyre making a new transformers, but they should have left the series alone after all of the others, they made too many and this isnt that great. the song is really repetitive, and it seems like theres annoying little 4 year old in it? but by far the best series of transformers was the original!
hey check out our comic pokemon the raven chronicles at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Pokemon_The_Raven_Chronicles/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
republic56 at 2:42PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
the movie live action1 and the original cartoon movies were good, no, amazing tho and tv shows now a days should be more like the old transformers cartoons.
hey check out our comic pokemon the raven chronicles at: http://www.drunkduck.com/Pokemon_The_Raven_Chronicles/
republic56 at 2:46PM, Jan. 13, 2008
(offline)
in the new transformers show coming out they all have mouths, i particuarly noticed it on optimus prime. i think that its dumb because arent they robots, not humans, and optimus prime also looked like a human and was really skinny too.
jalford at 3:13PM, Jan. 14, 2008
(online)
But the Dinobots do so totally rule in it, as usual.
Insanity at 6:31PM, Jan. 14, 2008
(offline)
Cthulhu
*Looks up to the Heavens, at God*

You're a real prick, you know that, right?
I'm glad someone said that.

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Fluffy Snot Monster at 7:23PM, Jan. 20, 2008
(offline)
I'm probably going to be attacked by everyone for this, but I think Animated is fantastic. It doesn't have a plot revolving around the obtaining of crap like Cyber Planet Keys or Mini-Cons, the transformations aren't ALL overlong drawn out sequences (and they don't yell " TRANSFORM!!", either), and there's the Dinobots.

The thing I dislike is the human villains. Rather than coming off as evil menaces to society (if they did, the Decepticons would be out of a job), they come off as rejects from a 50s Batman strip. I don't want an acid guy, I want a giant evil robot that turns into an evil jet.

Oh yeah, Bulkhead is voiced by the same guy who does Patrick from Spongebob. Given that Spongebob's VA also does Starscream, this makes things a whole lot more interesting.

MrRiot
I hope I've been of some help. Let me know if I've missed anything from G1…I've got family members bugging me whist I type this.

You forgot this. Dunno if it counts as G1.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Freegurt at 12:12PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(online)
Ack, no thank you. Watched five minutes of it and wanted to hurt something. I think Transformers should just be left alone now. The movie was good and the original series was good, but no more of this anime crap. -_-
I just don't like how they keep trying to modernize it and make it “better”. Though it seems all of this kind of stuff keeps happening to original items from the eighties/nineties.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Twilight_of_the_gods at 5:26PM, March 7, 2008
(online)
I really didn't like it. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I loved Transformers when I was little, and this just isn't cutting it for me.
I do however like that they're making movies from old 80's shows. I heard that next is a GI Joe movie. Pretty soon I'll bet they're gonna make a Captain Planet movie, and I will go see it and laugh my ass off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Bradleyo at 10:16AM, March 8, 2008
(online)
It is the ugliest worst piece of animated(so called.) shit that has ever been squeezed out of North America.

The asshole executives and producers who okayed this turd have made sure that they insulted all long time fans, and at the same time repelled any new fans who loved the movie.

I am completly amazed that cartoon network would pay anyone to make this.
When the animation for the first episode arrived, they should have fired the studio and pulled the plug on the whole project.

Wow! Amazingly bad.
~Brad
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
jalford at 1:45PM, March 9, 2008
(online)
They need to get rid of the supervillains. Autobots fight Decepticons, not the Legion Of Doom.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved