Help, Support and Suggestions

Translations?
Zig at 4:10AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
Hi all,

I'm completely new here, and a bit lost I'm afraid… Don't know if that post should go into the “Coding” board or here, I think it's better to put it here for now.

My question is, I'm planning to do a comic in two languages, one version in English, the other in French. Is it something that is possible to do on Drunkduck? If yes, how? As an extreme solution, I could start two comics that would mirror each other, one in English, the other in French. But isn't there any better way of doing that?

Cheers,

– Zig
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
skoolmunkee at 4:18AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
You can create as many comic accounts as you want. Once you've gotten an account you will see a button called “My Account” on the main page… In there you can start creating comics.

Drunk Duck doesn't automatically translate things for you, though. You would need a more powerful site for that, such as babelfish (is that still around?) There may be a way to embed a “translate this site” script into your DD page by customizing it, but in my experience javascript add-ins sometimes work and sometimes don't. That wouldn't translate the text in your comic anyway, as that's an image file.

The most straightforward solution would probably be (assuming you know both languages yourself) is to make 2 versions of the comic and put them in 2 comic accounts. You can load your pages in advance, so it is not that big of a deal to have two sites to keep track of.

Otherwise I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Zig at 4:24AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
I know both languages. My plan is to be able to offer two different versions of the comic, one in each language.

I guess making two comic accounts makes sense in that context…

– Zig
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved