Media Megaforum

Troll 2 --- yes, that infamous film.
itsjustaar at 4:55AM, March 28, 2011
(offline)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

The infamous “Troll 2” movie was at the Dos Palos movie shack. Everyone knows this film for this scene alone, but it's more than that - it's sorta like… if Ed Wood had stuck around for another decade and took a shot at the horror niche market.

But yeah, this film in it's original - and surprisingly worn! Someone watched it! - form without the perks of it's re-release was right there in front of me!

And I botched it to get the good, but not too good, movie “Radioland Murders”! D8 … Gluh, I am disappoint.

To this day, I dunno if someone bought it before me, or the lady who put them out (not the store owner, in fact, but her friend, she put out her movies on a table nearby) took it back. I didn't think anyone in my town actually knew the notoriety of this film. xD But yeah, it woulda been awesome to own.

“Radioland Murders” is like a throwback to old comedies and radio shows… but man, it's just too fast for me. Pretty amusing for what it is.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
SydneyRoad at 9:18PM, April 21, 2011
(online)
Troll 2 is probably the funniest bad horror movie ever made. If you get the chance, I recommend watching the documentary that just came out featuring the father from the movie. It shows just how crazy things got on the set.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
itsjustaar at 11:30PM, April 24, 2011
(offline)
Oh yes, I will. :D
dragonestea at 1:53PM, April 27, 2011
(online)
They're eating her! then they're going to eat me!OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I've never seen Troll two. I have seen The Room, however. The two are supposed to be comperable in quality.

The original Troll (which had nothing to do with Troll 2) is also pretty famously bad, and the lesser-known Troll 3 (which had nothing to do with Troll or Troll 2 and was about killer trees) was the worst, but not in quite so funny a way as Troll 2.

I have no idea where I'm going with all of this. I guess I'm just rattling off bad movies at this point, so here are some more: Manos the Hands of Fate; The Castle of Fu Man Chu, Birdemic, Puma Man. Yay for bad movies!
[
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
itsjustaar at 1:32AM, May 30, 2011
(offline)
Bad movies are so good to me. xD I don't know why.

It's either because my town has them more than there are good movies, making Dos Palos a living MST3K in the world, or because it intrigues the mind on what must've been going in these people's minds when they did it. xD

I don't consider Street Fighter, Super Mario Brothers, or Final Fantasy: Spirits Withing to be too bad. Mock-worthy, sure, due to the liberties or edits, probably, but then you get… you know…

“Alien Predators”, which, for a long time - made me think that the blond-haired wisecracking Jim Carrey-esque guy in the lead was Paul Fieg. And then I realized it wasn't, but I'll be damned if it wasn't him. xD Same hair, jawline, face… but it's not. It's like ‘The Thing’ but with no real direction. There's a story there somewhere, but it just doesn't pull it off.

And then there's “The Arena”… Space Quest meets the plotlines of Rocky I - III. Seriously.

Anyone who can defeat a spider-mecha with just his Muay Thai skills ought to be commended!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved