Media Megaforum

TV Show/Movie Reviews
Walrus at 1:13PM, Nov. 17, 2007
(online)
I will post all my TV/Movie reviews here! Anyone else can post if they feel like it.
Grading Scale: 0 to 10

Robot Chicken: Star Wars Special Rating: 10

If you've never seen or heard of Robot Chicken I'll fill you in. Robot Chicken is a parody show with animated dolls. Every episode is ensured with laughs, and this one is full of them! There has never been any other Star Wars parody better than this one. I am actually happy to say I am the proud owner of the first season. This episode is completely perfect, everything is set out perfectly, the characters, the laughs, all of it. I've never seen any comedy TV show better than this one. This is at the top of my list, and I hope I can see the re-run soon.

The Simpsons Little Orphan Millie: Rating: 7.7

Little Orphan Millie is very exciting, but it lacks in the humor department. Like all of the episodes this season the so called “Animated Comedy” is not really a comedy. I admit that this episode has laughs here and there, but after seeing the movie I expected better of the show. But intead we got bad gags, humor and episode plots, like a crusty, expired cereal box with no prize inside. Little Orphan Millie is not the best episode ever, not anywhere close, but it is the best of this season. I suggest that The Simpsons returs to an animated comedy soon before Fox cancels it after the big 19.

The Simpsons: Husbands and Knives Rating: 8.6

Eveyone just admit it now, The Simpsons isn't too good anymore. After the movie it seemed like they ran out of material for the show. Now I'm angry for them making the movie. But this episode stands out because it's one of the only good one's this season. Homer decides to get his stomach stapled, because Marge became succesful and he doesn't want her to, “trade him in”. All in all I admit that this episode is pretty good, it jusst needs some improvement. But I do see something that will happen soon. The Simpsons episodes are making their way back up to where they left off, hopefully that will happen sometime this season.

Poke'mon: The Grass Menagarie Rating: 6.5

Yet another pointless Gym Battle in the Poke'mon world. This battle, like the previous one is very bland. They fight, a Poke'mon faints, the next Poke'mon defeats it, then the next one defeats the other one. It's a bland, repeated process in every season. What I don't get is why this episode has high ratings! Let me tell you now: This episode has been on before! I ask Poke'mon company: WHY? Why must you repeat this process over and over for about twenty or more times total. With such a horrible plot and dialogue I'm not sure I want to see the latest installment.

Pushing Daisies: Smell of Success Rating: 9.0

Pushing Daisies has been one of the few TV shows I look forward to watching every week. It's got exactly what I want in a good TV series. This episode in particular. After a terrible yet hilarious death from a scratch-and sniff book explosion, Ned and Detective Emmerson set out to envestigate. Meanwhile, Chuck continues to drug her aunt's pies, while Olive delivers them. They then carry out “Plan B” by trying to get Chuck's aunt's back in the water. This episode is nearly perfect and is timed out just the same. It will keep you thinking and on the edge of your seat the whole way through.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Hawk at 7:29PM, Nov. 17, 2007
(online)
Walrus, I'm going to put this in the media section where TV and movies are discussed. However, I think it would be better if you just bring particular movies and TV shows as they arise, and discuss them individually in their own threads.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Sidwarrious at 7:46PM, Nov. 17, 2007
(online)
Obviously Walrus believes he is the messiah of critics. He wil ltalk and we will come.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Walrus at 5:51AM, Nov. 21, 2007
(online)
why does it matter? I can do what I want Sid!

Sidwarrious at 9:04AM, Nov. 21, 2007
(online)
I know. You are the messiah of critics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Walrus at 4:16PM, Nov. 21, 2007
(online)
Sidwarrious
I know. You are the messiah of critics.

No. No. I am not. I never said that and I know I'm not. Anyway I favor some shows over others, which a critic isn't supposed to do.

blakechen at 2:35AM, Nov. 22, 2007
(online)
Walrus

Eveyone just admit it now, The Simpsons isn't too good anymore. After the movie it seemed like they ran out of material for the show. Now I'm angry for them making the movie. But this episode stands out because it's one of the only good one's this season. Homer decides to get his stomach stapled, because Marge became succesful and he doesn't want her to, “trade him in”. All in all I admit that this episode is pretty good, it jusst needs some improvement. But I do see something that will happen soon. The Simpsons episodes are making their way back up to where they left off, hopefully that will happen sometime this season.

What, no mention of the subplot about the new, cool comic book store in Springfield and the guest voices by Moore, Spiegelman, and Clowes (as themselves)? That was the highlight of the episode, man.

And I have no problem admitting the Simpsons isn't good anymore. I admitted it about 4 years ago, in fact.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Walrus at 3:21PM, Nov. 22, 2007
(online)
blakechen
Walrus

What, no mention of the subplot about the new, cool comic book store in Springfield and the guest voices by Moore, Spiegelman, and Clowes (as themselves)? That was the highlight of the episode, man.

And I have no problem admitting the Simpsons isn't good anymore. I admitted it about 4 years ago, in fact.

Yeah I think it's gone downhill since the 18th season.

korosu at 8:43AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
The only episodes from that list that I've seen myself is Robot Chicken and Pushing Daisies, and I'm a big fan of both, so thumbs up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
trevoramueller at 11:13AM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
I dug the Star Wars Robot Chicken…it was pretty funny. I don't know how I would rate TV shows, though - I mean, do you go by the episode? What's the criteria against which you're basing the rating scale? Against other episodes of the show? Against other shows in that time slot?

Just curious.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
SarahN at 2:58PM, Nov. 27, 2007
(online)
blakechen
Walrus

I can't watch five minutes of a Simpsons episode anymore. How come Marge is more dumb than Homer now?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
marine at 11:30AM, Nov. 29, 2007
(offline)
I like the Simpsons. Any episode with comic book guy gets a lot more points than me. Homer doing physical comedy or hating Ned works. Any other simpsons episode, especially if it focuses on marge or lisa, I bail instantly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Exzachly at 1:11PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
They've just exhausted every type of joke they could do for those characters. I didnt even think the movie was that great. It was ok… but not good by old Simpson's standards. It had one great gag with the crotch shot, then most of the rest was just a bunch of tacked on one-liners to hide the fact that the story itself was essentially unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved