Media Megaforum

TV Shows That Need To Be Cancelled
Walrus at 6:51PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
1. Chowder I cannot stand the terrible voice acting and the constant screeching of that purple badger! Plus their attemps at “Comedy” fail even more by each episode.

2. Survivor Hey, the first couple of seasons were okay but 16 of them? No thanks.

3. Suite Life On Deck Do I really need a reason?

I can't think of anymore right now. Does anyone have any that should be added to the list?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Inkmonkey at 9:47PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Well, I haven't actually seen any of these, so I don't know about that. Is Mind of Mencia still on the air? That oughtta go if it isn't yet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Senshuu at 9:48PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Chowder's cancellation would usher in a dark age of cartoons to be abated only in another decade or two. Seriously.

1. Everything on BET
2. Half of TBS
3. 90% of Comedy Central

*nods*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Sea_Cow at 10:01AM, Dec. 28, 2008
(offline)
The entirety of the Disney channel. I know it's been said many times before, but that's because it's true. Name one good show on that channel, I dare you.

Also, Family Guy. Fuck Family Guy. It's gone on for too long and I will stomach no more of it.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
ccs1989 at 10:19AM, Dec. 28, 2008
(online)
Mind of Mencia, My Super Sweet 16, everything on BET.

Also they need to bring back Stella on Comedy Central and Short Circuitz on MTV.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
lothar at 11:33AM, Dec. 28, 2008
(online)
TV ??? do they still show “murder she wrote ” ?? they should cancle that show !!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
lba at 12:09PM, Dec. 28, 2008
(online)
I"m going to just say all of Cartoon Network. The cartoons on there just suck these days since the end of Toonami and Boomerang becoming it's own channel instead of the Tex Avery Show. Toss out Jerry Springer, Maury, Judge Judy, etc. Additionally, I think we could probably do without MTV or MTV2. It seems kid of redundant to have two channels of the same programing with just a couple hours delay between air times.

Actually, now I think of it, there's not a whole lot on that really retains a whole lot of quality or charm beyond it's first season.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Skullbie at 1:42PM, Dec. 28, 2008
(online)
The naked brothers band- how the hell did they convince nick to pick up this crap show?

icarly- you guys should pick a main character who is actually funny someday.

Chowder-repetition humor will DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL- DESTROY US ALL-

Lost- I don't even watch this but I'm tired of my parents complaining that it never answers their questions.

I really shouldn't be picking on kid's shows, since they aren't even aimed at me, and considering I watch power rangers jungle fury(surprisingly decent) so meh.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
reidavidson at 2:08PM, Dec. 28, 2008
(offline)
Is it weird that I hate Chowder but I feel mesmerized by the patterns on their clothes that don't move when they do?

Noooo don't cancel iCarly! I happen to hate it but I know four kids in total that I babysit that would cry and cry and cry and cry and why would you do that to theeeeem? T^T

I think Flapjack should be canceled like rightnowplz.

I can name more shows that shouldn't have been canceled really. Just cause I don't like a show doesn't mean I think it should be canceled.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Sea_Cow at 9:46AM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
reidavidson
Is it weird that I hate Chowder but I feel mesmerized by the patterns on their clothes that don't move when they do?

Now you're reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyy looking at Chowder.
Lycoris at 11:24AM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
I think Smallville should have been annihilated three seasons ago.
“I've wiped the file? …. I've wiped all the files? …. I've wiped the INTERNET? I don't even have a modem!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
reidavidson at 1:24PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Sea_Cow
reidavidson

Now you're reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyy looking at Chowder.
Paaaattterrrrns… @_@

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Custard Trout at 4:41PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Jeremy Kyle and Big Brother. And all of those ‘Top 100 things no one cares about’ list shows.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Chernobog at 5:36PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Tim and Eric

I completely don't get what's at all funny about that show. Is it a college thing or something? I feel my braincells committing suicide whenever it comes on.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
machinehead at 6:14PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
I hate to say but the Simpsons. They are one of my all time favorite shows but damn its been on 20+ years they should have went out when they were still funny. Besides that just shows I don't watch anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Senshuu at 8:55PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
and considering I watch power rangers jungle fury

lol

I went through a Power Rangers phase when I was 11. And then it died. Quickly.
Skullbie at 10:15PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Jungle fury is the only PR that haven't made my brain cells kill themselves since mighty morphin', I swear it's decent if you ignore the kid corniness, even the fight scenes are actual fights instead of ‘kay rangers stand here and fling shitty low budget cgi effects at eachother yes excellent’

But I'm trying to defend power failgers so meh.

json at 10:58PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
lost- this show has a very “let's just make up the story as we go along” feel to it, which is fine for comics, but BAD for a tv show that eludes to foreshadowing and incredible plot devices, but never delivers on ANYTHING or answers any questions it posed….even from the first season!

i'm not touching “reality tv”……it is a plague on all of society.

all of the new cartoons on cartoon network hurt my brain. i feel actually dumber when i watch them. they should go. i'm glad boomerang got its own channel. i can watch that to get my thundar and swat cats fix.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
mlai at 11:36PM, Dec. 29, 2008
(online)
Gray's Anatomy needs to die. Just replace it with a rerun hour of House.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Wordweaver_three at 6:57AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Ghost Hunters needs to bite it, “OMG! There's a dust particle floating in front of the camera, I'm so freaked right now!” The acting in Bones sucks so bad it's unwatchable. When Weather Changed History needs to go bye-bye, just show me the weather and I'll watch TWC. South Park is no longer funny, so Comedy Central may as well just shut down. MTV has slowly been committing suicide for the past 20 years, everything they have sucks. I wished they'd just jump or get off the ledge. CSI can stay, every CSI spin-off should be thrown out the window. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is pretty lousy all around, and never should have been made. Monk ticks me off to no end, I hate murder mysteries where they hide important clues from you until the end. “Wow, Monk, you sure are brilliant! You caught the killer!” Screw you, I'd have figured it out an hour ago if you hadn't neglected to inform the audience of that key piece of evidence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Sea_Cow at 9:36AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
Wordweaver_three
Ghost Hunters needs to bite it, “OMG! There's a dust particle floating in front of the camera, I'm so freaked right now!” The acting in Bones sucks so bad it's unwatchable. When Weather Changed History needs to go bye-bye, just show me the weather and I'll watch TWC. South Park is no longer funny, so Comedy Central may as well just shut down. MTV has slowly been committing suicide for the past 20 years, everything they have sucks. I wished they'd just jump or get off the ledge. CSI can stay, every CSI spin-off should be thrown out the window. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is pretty lousy all around, and never should have been made. Monk ticks me off to no end, I hate murder mysteries where they hide important clues from you until the end. “Wow, Monk, you sure are brilliant! You caught the killer!” Screw you, I'd have figured it out an hour ago if you hadn't neglected to inform the audience of that key piece of evidence.

Hey! I find South Park and Monk quite entertaining! The rest, I don't care about. Too many CSI's. A couple of them need to go, make things easier to understand.

mlai
Gray's Anatomy needs to die. Just replace it with a rerun hour of House.

Oh yes.
NickGuy at 9:46AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Sea_Cow
The entirety of the Disney channel. I know it's been said many times before, but that's because it's true. Name one good show on that channel, I dare you.

Also, Family Guy. Fuck Family Guy. It's gone on for too long and I will stomach no more of it.

I was so ready to hate you after the DBZ thread but you just redeemed yourself lol. FUCK family guy! there was a reason that show got cancelled the first time around, it wouldnt even be on the air if it wasnt for that stupid-as-all-hell internet petition.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Sea_Cow at 10:39AM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
NickGuy
Sea_Cow

I was so ready to hate you after the DBZ thread but you just redeemed yourself lol. FUCK family guy! there was a reason that show got cancelled the first time around, it wouldnt even be on the air if it wasnt for that stupid-as-all-hell internet petition.

Family Guy sucking isn't my opinion, or your opinion. It's fact.
Wills42 at 12:44PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
-Any and all ‘Realitly’ TV programming. Seriously, there is nothing real about it.
-96% of G4. That 4 percent? That's X-play, the only thing on the channel remotely about video games (and even IT is starting to lose that)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Walrus at 4:19PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
Wills42
-Any and all ‘Realitly’ TV programming. Seriously, there is nothing real about it.
-96% of G4. That 4 percent? That's X-play, the only thing on the channel remotely about video games (and even IT is starting to lose that)

What about “Cheat!”? That's about video games. Also, Attack of the Show is good.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
lastcall at 5:36PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
reidavidson

I was just thinking that too, lol… Always wondered how they did that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Sea_Cow at 8:14PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
lastcall
reidavidson

I fucking love chowder. Then again, I've never watched it without a bong handy and some Pink Floyd to drown out the voice acting.
Amelius at 8:53PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)

lastcall
“reidavidson” Said:

Actually it's pretty easy considering how cell animation works, it's very likely since it's probably animated with computers, all they needed to do is have that be a full pattern and cut out the rest outside the character's outlines. Basically that pattern would take up the whole screen, they just cut it out frame-by-frame as the character moves. You can do the same thing with photoshop layers in fact.
Yup, just looked it up, they make a whole pattern that takes up the entire frame and send it to the animation house where they just modify it to fit the character's clothing, likely in the fashion I described it too.

I think I can agree with nearly most of the things other people have said in here but I don't watch TV these days so I don't know what I'm not missing!

While I agree we need more independent thinkers in the animations department, I wish the trend of screeching obnoxious characters would drop dead already! It's hard to appreciate the actual good parts of a cartoon when the characters can't hold a single conversation without yelling. It's like trying to read a clever humor article written in ALL CAPS.

Actually, I just did think of a show I'd like to see disappear forever, Ben 10! Gah, it reeks of committee thinking, that show! I sat through an episode *hoping* it would have redeeming qualities and none manifested, the obnoxious unlikable Gary-Stu main character only worked on my nerves and didn't get any comeuppance for being a snotty little brat to his perfectly nice grandfather whom he claimed had “old people smell” (ripping off Simpsons much?!) Usually, when a character acts like a turd for the whole show they get it in the end but no, he's a heeeroo!
I happen to like cheesy, toyetic cartoons but this one was just garbage and I HATED the main character! I've got other gripes beyond this but I doubt anyone cares much! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Skullbie at 8:59PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(online)
lastcall
1.lay out pattern
2.cut hole in a paper
3.move hole in a paper across pattern

Senshuu at 9:55PM, Dec. 30, 2008
(offline)
Wills42

But… Unbeatable Banzuke. :(

(X-Play is awful now. They took everything that actually made you kind of want to watch the show and killed them.)

Oh well I haven't been able to even casually flip past G4 since it turned to digital or something.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved