Media Megaforum

TV Shows That Need To Be Cancelled
Walrus at 2:30PM, Jan. 12, 2009
(online)
Senshuu
Wills42
-Any and all ‘Realitly’ TV programming. Seriously, there is nothing real about it.
-96% of G4. That 4 percent? That's X-play, the only thing on the channel remotely about video games (and even IT is starting to lose that)

But… Unbeatable Banzuke. :(

(X-Play is awful now. They took everything that actually made you kind of want to watch the show and killed them.)

Oh well I haven't been able to even casually flip past G4 since it turned to digital or something.

Yeah, G4 can make some good stuff or some really shitty stuff. A lot of their programming is a rip-off of other shows.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
ShinuZero at 7:09PM, Jan. 12, 2009
(online)
Family Guy.

All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
martinlo_23 at 7:37PM, Jan. 12, 2009
(offline)
Come on,guys:

Chowder:
Come on! It's for kids! If you don't like it don't see it!

I mean talk about shows and not cartoons.

And come one,Chowder its not so bad it only need another humour.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Koshou at 9:47AM, Jan. 13, 2009
(offline)
I like Chowder. :C

Is Spongebob still going? Because it really needs to die.

Other than that, nothing, because then there would only be good shows on and there wouldn't be any new material for The Soup.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
ShinuZero at 11:12AM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow
The entirety of the Disney channel. I know it's been said many times before, but that's because it's true. Name one good show on that channel, I dare you.

Also, Family Guy. Fuck Family Guy. It's gone on for too long and I will stomach no more of it.

Yep. The show doesn't even have plots anymore. It's degenerated into flashbacks the entire time.
All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
lefarce at 11:44AM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Family Guy needs to go, as does current X-Play. Only good thing on G4 is Attack of the Show, and whenever they show Fight Club.

Also that one show, I cant remember the name of it. It's like a House rip-off, the guy even looks like him and says “everybody lies” a lot. He's a detective though. Fuck that show. Oh and that other one where the dude is a secret agent only they brainwash him so he cant remember it from time to time. Like selective amnesia.

Man TV is horrible.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Hawk at 2:36PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23
It's for kids! If you don't like it don't see it!

This applies to a lot of things mentioned in this thread. I could be adamant that Higglytown Heroes needs to be canceled, but the truth is that it isn't made for me. It shouldn't be canceled because I don't like it. Ask the kids.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Mushroomcomix at 9:36PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
Family Guy needs to go, as does current X-Play. Only good thing on G4 is Attack of the Show, and whenever they show Fight Club.

I like G4 sometimes, Aots, X Play, and code monkeys are good
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Product Placement at 11:59PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Wordweaver_three
CSI can stay, every CSI spin-off should be thrown out the window.

Sea_Cow
Too many CSI's.

Coming soon… Law and Order: CSI
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
TheMidge28 at 6:26PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
AMERICAN F'N IDOL!
For the love of gawd!!!
The appeal of that show is done!
It needs to be killed and any other show which completely tries to use the same formula.
The thing that kills me is that when the new season debuted last night it had over 30 million viewers…
30 million viewers?
30 million viewers!!!
Why does this country I live in make me want to rend my clothes, shake my fists at the sky, and pray for the sweet embrace of death?
I imagine a bunch of hover-board, lazy-boy-reclining fat arses from Wall-E sittin' at home stuffin' their faces with cheese puffs and grape sodas “glued” to the TV for the gawd-awful umpteenth season premiere!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
ozoneocean at 8:58PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Welcome back Midgy ^_^

All TV should be cancelled. Then they can start all over again.
…maybe using repeats of doctor who and old David Attenborough shows. That's what I grew up on! Made me he fine upstanding citizen I am today!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Dark Clown at 11:33AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
We don't watch much tv anymore.

we stick to M*A*S*H Scrubs reruns (the new season sucks so far) House Reruns. and thats about it.

shows that need to go. Efffing Everything. its all the same Crap over and over and over. cop dramas need to die, toilet humor comedy shows need to die, (socalled) REALITY TV in all its putrescence putrefying forms need to be halved, its flesh rendered, bones scattered and finally the ground salted where the vile vomits mass is burred.

Red Dwarf needs to come back….. oh how it is missed…

you know what @#$@ this, We will simply stick to books and MMORPG's
the rest of you can have the hollowed out remains of the thing once known as TV.

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
isukun at 1:58PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
It's kind of funny that you consider the eternal grind-fest that is the MMORPG is a better use of your time. As bad as TV might be, I'd rather watch paint dry than play an MMORPG.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
crocty at 2:17PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
isukun
It's kind of funny that you consider the eternal grind-fest that is the MMORPG is a better use of your time. As bad as TV might be, I'd rather watch paint dry than play an MMORPG.
Here you go then.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Sea_Cow at 8:36PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
Dark Clown
We don't watch much tv anymore.

we stick to M*A*S*H Scrubs reruns (the new season sucks so far) House Reruns. and thats about it.

shows that need to go. Efffing Everything. its all the same Crap over and over and over. cop dramas need to die

This is where I stopped agreeing with you.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Hakoshen at 9:20PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
Chernobog
Tim and Eric

I completely don't get what's at all funny about that show. Is it a college thing or something? I feel my braincells committing suicide whenever it comes on.

I'd like to elaborate on this one and say ANYTHING Tim and Eric have ever done, or touched should be burned. Everything. It's Cartoon Network, and all we get are these idiots prancing around giving homosexuality a bad name. And that's saying something.

In fact, pretty much any of the new crap they put on at unholy hours is just shameful. It's like they're trying to convince us we shouldn't be awake. It's like Cartoon Network has some weird aversion to showing good anime, despite everything it did for them. Oh sure, we'll get every episode of poke'mon that doesn't involve nudity or fake boobs, but other quality shows too numerous to mention will never see time on cable tv.

But Tim and Eric will get not only a new season, but another show to boot. Damn them. Damn them all.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Custard Trout at 12:43AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(offline)
Dark Clown
Red Dwarf needs to come back….. oh how it is missed…

You're joking right? Every season after the fourth one was utter shite.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Senshuu at 6:58AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(offline)
I just remembered how I could never stand to watch more than five minutes of Attack of the Show. Ever. Is it because I'm female?

It'll probably never be canceled. And when G4 turns into every other channel, rerunning the same show for half the day every day, it'll be all that's left.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Hawk at 1:06PM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
I'd like to elaborate on this one and say ANYTHING Tim and Eric have ever done, or touched should be burned. Everything. It's Cartoon Network, and all we get are these idiots prancing around giving homosexuality a bad name. And that's saying something.

In fact, pretty much any of the new crap they put on at unholy hours is just shameful. It's like they're trying to convince us we shouldn't be awake. It's like Cartoon Network has some weird aversion to showing good anime, despite everything it did for them. Oh sure, we'll get every episode of poke'mon that doesn't involve nudity or fake boobs, but other quality shows too numerous to mention will never see time on cable tv.

I think 80% of Adult Swim was meant to be watched while on drugs. I can't imagine any other way a person would enjoy watching a poorly-drawn squid hump a dead cow. Tim and Eric are simply an anomaly. It's like their show is designed to make you feel uncomfortable and icky, yet actual famous people will guest-star on it and somebody somewhere is watching it enough to keep it on the air. I agree with you, Adult swim is mostly awful, and it makes me feel bad for the few good shows they have, since they have to share broadcast space with the likes of Squidbillies and Drinky Crow.

Senshuu
I just remembered how I could never stand to watch more than five minutes of Attack of the Show. Ever. Is it because I'm female?

No, it's because you have good taste. G4 does to gaming what MTV did to music… it makes it entirely commercial and caters to the most common, lowbrow tastes. Then it discards it in favor of cheap alternative programming.
Skullbie at 9:54PM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
The guy announcer on attack of the show just strikes me as a douchebag, he just makes assholish comments but is not goofy enough to pull it off like adam sessler. or maybe it's how all his clothes have flames or dragons on them….

Anyway I'm also sick of doctor/hospital/scalpel dramas. I get why they're so popular as it seems like every other damn person wants to go into nursing, but we really do not need another show about doctors. “omg but house and scrubs!!” Yeah go sit through greys anatomy, 90210, and E/R for more than 10 minutes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
martinlo_23 at 5:39PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(offline)
Man if you don't like it,Don't see it!Jeez
martinlo_23 at 7:52PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Wordweaver_three

Sea_Cow
Too many CSI's.

CSI:Law And Order….HOLY FUCKING COWS!
Sea_Cow at 8:54PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(offline)
martinlo_23
Product Placement
Wordweaver_three

Sea_Cow
Too many CSI's.

CSI:Law And Order….HOLY FUCKING COWS!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
supermathsbeaver at 11:22AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
All CSI, fuelled by it's wooden actors should burn. As should Law and Order: Special Victims Unit with that drippy cow who does her understanding camel pout at every rape victim who walks through the door so that they magically want a rape exam right away and her partner who's so pumped up with testosterone that he has to smack everybody around (I laughed so hard when I saw him playing an effeminate hotel desk clerk in ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ ). I really hate those shows. And the new Doctor Who, I mean the old series wasn't stunning special effects but at least it didn't belong on CBeebies.

Reality TV goes without saying.

What's wrong with Family Guy? The plots are random but have you seen the Simpsons lately - it's trying way too hard. It should go. Cast Lisa into the fiery pits of cancelled tv hell! Annoying bitch.
GREEN BURGERS KILL PEOPLE!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Hawk at 3:09PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Holy smokes, yes. Simpsons is one of those shows I want canceled so bad it hurts. Mostly because it's like seeing a recently killed friend continue to be beaten and abused posthumously. I just want The Simpsons to end with whatever humor and dignity they have remaining.

Lisa went from being the character I could most relate with to a complete tool. It's like every time they do a Lisa episode, she's found some new way to be progressive and contrary to society. She's just not an 8-year-old girl anymore.

The big thing ruining Simpsons is Homer. They realized early on that he was popular, and now it's like the contest between the writers to see who can make Homer the stupidest. He ends up being rather predictable, because in any given situation if you can guess the dumbest thing he could possibly do, that's probably what he will do. I miss Homer from around Season 3… He was an idiot, but a good-natured one who wanted the best for his family. And every now and then he did something right.
Walrus at 6:17PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Hawk
The big thing ruining Simpsons is Homer. They realized early on that he was popular, and now it's like the contest between the writers to see who can make Homer the stupidest. He ends up being rather predictable, because in any given situation if you can guess the dumbest thing he could possibly do, that's probably what he will do. I miss Homer from around Season 3… He was an idiot, but a good-natured one who wanted the best for his family. And every now and then he did something right.
You're dead on with that. Homer has changed a lot since the first few seasons all because of his overwhelming popularity, the writers got carried away and ruined the best thing about The Simpsons.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
lefarce at 7:26PM, Jan. 23, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Chernobog
Tim and Eric

I completely don't get what's at all funny about that show. Is it a college thing or something? I feel my braincells committing suicide whenever it comes on.

Season Two is on DVD Feb.10th. I'm buying three copies because I dont hate myself.

The guy announcer on attack of the show just strikes me as a douchebag, he just makes assholish comments but is not goofy enough to pull it off like adam sessler. or maybe it's how all his clothes have flames or dragons on them….

The whole point is that he's an asshole. And he's a fantastic and funny asshole. Not to mention a successful asshole who rubs up on his supermodel lookin' co-host.

What does Sessler do?

Talk in a nearly constant Seinfeld whine while Morgan “Man Jaw” Webb nods in agreement.

MrBlubBlub at 6:02PM, Jan. 24, 2009
(offline)
lefarce
Hakoshen
Chernobog
Tim and Eric

Season Two is on DVD Feb.10th. I'm buying three copies because I dont hate myself.

The whole point is that he's an asshole. And he's a fantastic and funny asshole. Not to mention a successful asshole who rubs up on his supermodel lookin' co-host.

What does Sessler do?

Talk in a nearly constant Seinfeld whine while Morgan “Man Jaw” Webb nods in agreement.

This show still isn't funny even if your stoned. Cancel it now!
Screw you! I don't need a signature! Oh wait…
since im here, check out my comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Senshuu at 5:15AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie

Oh yeah, that's the other reason.

I liked Sessler; he was like a self-hating nerd. You could feel for him, because he obviously doesn't have looks. And his apparent distaste for RPGs (which has to be the reason he does reviews for all of them) made it so you could completely disregard anything he ever said about them. :D

As for hospital dramas, well… I don't watch any prime-time TV, but the hospital ones do look the most amusing, actually. Who knows why - the personal lives of young doctors especially shouldn't be anything appealing enough to generate more than a couple of series, but it all depends on their approach I guess.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
lefarce at 10:57AM, Jan. 25, 2009
(online)
MrBlubBlub
lefarce
Hakoshen
Chernobog
Tim and Eric

What does Sessler do?

This show still isn't funny even if your stoned. Cancel it now!

Um no. It's fantastic. Any show that centers a skit around your son dying and a company sending replacement sons (which are actually just stiff dolls that LOOK like your son, of which they send you a slightly taller model each following year) is fantastic.

But hey I forgot all sketch comedy shows need to stick to POLITICAL HUMOR, WHY ARE BLACK AND WHITES SO DIFFERENT WE MAY NEVER KNOOOOW~

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved