Media Megaforum

TV Shows That Need To Be Cancelled
confusedsoul at 3:19PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
Hawk
Holy smokes, yes. Simpsons is one of those shows I want canceled so bad it hurts. Mostly because it's like seeing a recently killed friend continue to be beaten and abused posthumously. I just want The Simpsons to end with whatever humor and dignity they have remaining.

Lisa went from being the character I could most relate with to a complete tool. It's like every time they do a Lisa episode, she's found some new way to be progressive and contrary to society. She's just not an 8-year-old girl anymore.

The big thing ruining Simpsons is Homer. They realized early on that he was popular, and now it's like the contest between the writers to see who can make Homer the stupidest. He ends up being rather predictable, because in any given situation if you can guess the dumbest thing he could possibly do, that's probably what he will do. I miss Homer from around Season 3… He was an idiot, but a good-natured one who wanted the best for his family. And every now and then he did something right.

I find with most of the new Simpsons you can watch the first five minutes, learn the set up and switch off in the knowledge that nothing will have changed.

I used to like the Halloween episodes because they were funny. Then it was an opportunity for me to see them get killed. Now they're so unfunny I can't even bring myslef to try and watch possible character death. Even if remembering an episode of Family Guy can give you a brain haemmorage trying to work out the plot points, it still makes me laugh.

Jesus, I hope they don't do the same thing to Futurama.

Cancel the second half of all Law and Orders, as that's when the moralising lawyers show up to challenge a BIG ISSUE and it just gets boring and predictable. I agree with Supermathsbeaver about SVU, that show is the closest thing I have ever got to feeling sympathy for Paedophiles, which means there's something wrong with that format.

Everbody Loves Raymond, cos I bloody don't.

Every Big Brother that ever was and ever will be.

Numb3rs and CSI. I read that CSI New York (which used to be gritty and a nice break from the “gosh aren't people weird” of Las Vegas and “Gosh aren't people beautiful” of Miami) changed to more touristy areas of New York and everyone became that much more annoying. So all CSIs.

Pitt and Kantrop. I don't know if it's still on, but god I hope not.

There's more but I've forgotten.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 7:03PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(offline)
Basically every show on Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel.
Also, Mind of Mencia, and any Dane Cook programming. He's just not funny.

However, they should bring back Swat Kats. I watched the cartoon when I was a kid, and just looked it up a few days ago. And I realize how awesome it really is. Same with the Biker Mice From Mars, which I heard came back, but I haven't watched any of the new stuff yet.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons is another one. Basically, after the 80's one, they shot it all to hell. I mean, the newer one isn't that bad. But I think they should just stick to comics, and maybe video games.

Family Guy. Seriously. It's just getting incredibly old, and it actually hurts me to watch it.

And reality shows are getting old too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
ShinuZero at 7:39PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Basically every show on Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel.
Also, Mind of Mencia, and any Dane Cook programming. He's just not funny.

However, they should bring back Swat Kats. I watched the cartoon when I was a kid, and just looked it up a few days ago. And I realize how awesome it really is. Same with the Biker Mice From Mars, which I heard came back, but I haven't watched any of the new stuff yet.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons is another one. Basically, after the 80's one, they shot it all to hell. I mean, the newer one isn't that bad. But I think they should just stick to comics, and maybe video games.

Family Guy. Seriously. It's just getting incredibly old, and it actually hurts me to watch it.

And reality shows are getting old too.

*face palm*
All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
isukun at 10:20PM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)

Which just seems weird when you consider the newer series is more true to the comics than the 80's series ever was. Not that I particularly love the new series, either, but the old one was a travesty.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
ShinuZero at 10:27AM, Jan. 27, 2009
(online)
isukun

Which just seems weird when you consider the newer series is more true to the comics than the 80's series ever was. Not that I particularly love the new series, either, but the old one was a travesty.

The old series is only good for nostalgia. Try to sit though an episode and not cringe at all the puns that are thrown at your face.
All Hail Despotize!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Walrus at 3:38PM, Jan. 31, 2009
(online)
ShinuZero
isukun

The old series is only good for nostalgia. Try to sit though an episode and not cringe at all the puns that are thrown at your face.

I couldn't even watch a minute of the new series on Fox.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
isukun at 4:40PM, Jan. 31, 2009
(online)
There are moments of goodness in there. I recall one story arc where they practically lifted the whole thing line-for-line from the original comics.
Ryuthehedgewolf at 3:27PM, Feb. 1, 2009
(offline)
ShinuZero
isukun

The old ones weren't like, super terrible. But I do agree that they're only really good for nostalgia.

Newer ones are a little better, but not by much.
Hakoshen at 7:32AM, Feb. 2, 2009
(offline)
Ryuthehedgewolf
ShinuZero
isukun

The old ones weren't like, super terrible. But I do agree that they're only really good for nostalgia.

I too loved the ninja turtles. Way, waaaaay back in the day. But they never did the one thing I always hoped that ninjas would do. Kill people.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
confusedsoul at 9:44AM, Feb. 4, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Ryuthehedgewolf
ShinuZero
isukun

I too loved the ninja turtles. Way, waaaaay back in the day. But they never did the one thing I always hoped that ninjas would do. Kill people.

I like the newer series, but perhaps it's because I haven't watched the old one for a comparison. Some weird storylines, though. If I missed a few episodes, I'd normally be stranded plot wise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 2:27PM, Feb. 4, 2009
(offline)
confusedsoul
Hakoshen
Ryuthehedgewolf
ShinuZero
isukun

I like the newer series, but perhaps it's because I haven't watched the old one for a comparison. Some weird storylines, though. If I missed a few episodes, I'd normally be stranded plot wise.

I've watched the new and old series, not like ALL of the episodes. But a few. And I can honestly say that both are pretty equal. I don't hate either of them, because I'm a big TMNT fan. But, the newer one is a little cornier. But they definitely DO look cooler. But it's all good, it's the turtles.
Walrus at 8:15AM, Feb. 8, 2009
(online)
Here's a show that needs to be canceled before it premiers:

Disney XD's Aaron Stone.
I downloaded the pilot for free on iTunes and watched it last night. And just let me say this, it wasn't even worth the “free” label.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
anise shaw at 11:29PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
machinehead
I hate to say but the Simpsons. They are one of my all time favorite shows but damn its been on 20+ years they should have went out when they were still funny. Besides that just shows I don't watch anymore.

Agreed. Totally not funny anymore. I'm also done with regular Law and Order and CSI. The characters and storylines suck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
crocty at 1:02PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
isukun
Have you watched my video yet? >:/
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
isukun at 7:59PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
A better ten minutes spent than any ten minutes I've spent with an MMO.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved